Ren'Py Corrupted Academy

BolHeX

Nov 30, 2019
You seem to be putting alot of thought and work in it, so im getting excited to finally play it!
When do you think a first version would be released?
I will keep my thoughts and remarks for when i have actually played and tested it!
Sorry for the late reply, I check the thread all the time but never got a notification a message has been posted.

One thing I have proved to be very bad at is estimating how long things will take. So I can't give a release date just yet.

I have finished my previous TODO and have moved on to working on the PTA meetings and home visits. I do also want to finish the intro story sequence which I have not started with at all yet.

So right now my main blockers are:
  • Sex interaction system/menu. This requires some planning, mainly on when the interaction ends.
  • Intro story sequence. This I still either need to write or get a writer on the team(which is my plan in the future after the initial release).
  • Photo/Video shoots need an introduction tutorial to show players how to start them but they already have a short mechanics tutorial.

On a released note, I'm not going to make a new thread looking for a writer just yet but if anyone reads this and is interested in helping develop the world/lore/story or events/interactions send me a DM.

BolHeX

Nov 30, 2019
A quick update, I will try keep it short.

I've mainly been doing play tests and trying to make the gameplay loop a bit more smooth and enjoyable. This has mainly come in the form of exposing mechanics and making them more obtuse and understandable.

This includes more tutorials and some tooltip additions/changes.

• Each area you can interact with now has its own sensitivity rather than girls having a single extra sensitive area.
    • This sensitivity can be also be modified by traits.
  • Rebalanced several Sponsor requests which were too hard to complete.
  • Improved how girls react to exam actions, i.e responding positively while reporting the action.
  • Improved some of the post exam office/home events. They are still quite simple and will be expanded upon after release in a large "content" update.
  • Improved gameplay loop/flow for the weekend, when no exams are scheduled.
  • Maked starting home visits take fewer clicks to help it less tedious to do.
  • Added "during class" modifiers to Exam Subjects, so now something like "Sex Ed" increases arousal again during the exam.
  • Added support for cleanly removing and adding girls and mothers.
  • Added new notification system allowing multiple notifcations at once. Used to help report changes like earning money, reputation and prestige which can sometimes happen all at once.
  • For clarity exam actions now show:
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    • Actions "tolerated" by rules are now highlighted in green.
    • Their report chance, high report chance actions are highlighted in red.
    • Girls sensitivity for the targeted part.
  • Fixed and improved a lot of dialogue, mainly making it flow a bit more naturally including:
    • Mother report calls.
    • Photo/Video shoots.
  • Fixes for modding:
    • Exam subjects now correctly update when subject info is changed.
This is not an exciting update, just lots and lots of bug fixes and balance changes most of which I didn't bore you with. But its also a good sign, it means I am happy with most of the systems and focusing on polish and making them more user friendly.

As a small side update the sex interaction system is still being worked on, really struggling on finding a good balance with it. The first release will probably include a somewhat under developed version while I think of something better.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Currently is works as follows:
You can select a girl and part you want to interact with much like exam actions. You also have the option of "group" actions which involve both girls; this is only available in threesomes of course.
There are also "player" actions which directly involve a girl i.e "Take Break" above.

Your goal is to pleasure all the participants and not cum before you do so. Right now im not happy with it, its a bit simplistic and not really a fun system. There is also not much sense of "reward" for accomplishing your goal or failure if you don't.

This system has been less of a priority so its understandable but I would like to make it interesting enough to be a main system in the game. If you have thoughts or examples of a "sex" system like this please let me know, I would like to check it out for inspiration.

There I go rambling when I said I would keep it short but writing these does help me actually visualize problems and possible solutions. I won't be giving a list of my current blockers because I need to take a step back and actually see what still needs to be done outside of polish.

Thanks to everyone interested, I hope to have an initial release soon but I won't give a date because I have proven to not be very good at it. Anyway, back to work.

BolHeX

Nov 30, 2019
This is going to be a super quick update, basically just a to show that I am still working on this.

I have complete almost everything I wanted for the initial release, I am going to be dropping a Discord link here soon because I want to have a smaller test before releasing it here on the forums. So if you want to be a alpha/beta tester be on the look out for that.

Before that though I want to do a long form playtest myself just to make sure there aren't any errors because of the changes I have been making. I won't be listing any of the changes here like I usually do, they are mainly small under the hood changes.

One big thing I need to finish before my play test is a rework to the video player and how the videos are tagged. This change is mostly backend and will just change how modders will need to tag their videos. I am still in the planning phase for this

This change comes with another change I am made to "sex interactions" where I wanted the option for MMF and FFM threesomes.

So that's it for now, nothing too interesting to show. I'll leave that for the testers to see, remember to keep an eye out for the Discord link.