Unity Corrupt Town [Developpement Thread]

BoredBasmati

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2022
Game is out: https://f95zone.to/threads/corruption-town-v0-1d-boredbasmati.168818/

Hey, I'm currently working on a corruption game with illustrations done using 3D CG called "Corrupt Town" (not a definitive name).
You play as two characters, Agnes and Henry, who have a master/student relationship. They fled their home country because of an orc invasion and are now refugees in a foreign city where they will need to find ways to survive. You can find jobs to do which will lead to events and so on... I've been really inspired by games such as Karryn's Prison where the lewd part of the game is deeply intertwined with the gameplay, and I definitely want to go in that direction. That's why for each job, I want to add some sort of "mini-game" where lewd events will happen in a more "organic" way than what is usually done. For the moment, the only job available is the barmaid job, which is just a ripoff of the Karryn's Prison barmaid job. I plan to add my own spin on it later. . The game is done in Unity. I know a lot of you guys don't like it, but as a programmer by trade, working with Ren'Py is a pain in the ass. It's just not good enough to do anything that is not a VN or a point and click. I've recreated most of the basic features of Ren'Py for this game anyway (if you can spot an essential one missing, hit me up).

The thing is, most of the programming/writing is done, and now it's just about creating the illustrations. Maybe it's just because I'm a beginner, but every "scene" takes a crazy amount of time to set up, and waiting 20 minutes for each frame to render is killing me. So as I approach the end of the production of my 0.1 release, I just want to get some feedback to know if I'm going in the right direction and if it's worth it to continue producing the remaining illustrations (I have probably created 20% of the illustrations needed so far).
Even though I have plugged a Patreon link in the game, this really is a hobby project, and I don't plan to make a living out of it, but some feedback would probably reignite my will to work on this for longer.

You can download a build

I haven't proofread the script yet, so expect crappy English.

If you try the demo and have any suggestions or whatever, I would be happy to hear them, even if you don't like it.

Currently implemented tag:
Anal Sex, Big Ass, Big Tits, Corruption, Creampie , Fantasy, Groping, Masturbation, Multiple Protagonist (Male & Female), Oral Sex, Rpg/Simulation, Teasing, Titfuck, Turn Based Combat, Vaginal Sex.

Planned tag:
Bukkake, Exhibitionism, Group Sex, Handjob, Humiliation, Interracial, NTR, Monster, Multiple Penetration, Sharing, Spanking.

Some pic from the game:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

peeping4.png

I'm not 100% sure about this, but if you are a 3D artist who can work with Blender and the Diffeomorphic toolset to import from Daz to Blender, I would be interested in a collaboration to increase the speed of production. We would share the revenue from Patreon and SubscribeStar. However, please do not expect to make a living out of it, as I have mentioned before: this is just a hobby project.

Last edited:

TheExordick

Sep 25, 2021
OK, i tried it because i was curious and i can report you a few things:

first a small bug: in the summary screen at the end of day with stat recap i can drag around the graphs by clicking on them. This may result in unwanted situations

the renders are well done, the lights, materials and scenes are find.

on the game loop, a few considerations:

there is no limit to the consecutive shifts i could do. I could go on continuing working without sleeping. If this is intended it's fine, but feels a bit cheat.

i (personally) find annoying to see the people arrive but they wait a turn to know what to order. This leads to awkward situations with you going back and forth between the same tables

It is not clear how long the shift is going to be: timer? stamina? turns? there's no indication, just the shift ends without a warning

the loading of the tray is one turn for each beverage, this feels a bit off. I feel that loading the tray should be one action independently of the amount of beverage loaded

These are my two cents, some of them are very personal.

I understand that the lack of variety in scenes is due to the early release.

BoredBasmati

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2022
OK, i tried it because i was curious and i can report you a few things:

first a small bug: in the summary screen at the end of day with stat recap i can drag around the graphs by clicking on them. This may result in unwanted situations

the renders are well done, the lights, materials and scenes are find.

on the game loop, a few considerations:

there is no limit to the consecutive shifts i could do. I could go on continuing working without sleeping. If this is intended it's fine, but feels a bit cheat.

i (personally) find annoying to see the people arrive but they wait a turn to know what to order. This leads to awkward situations with you going back and forth between the same tables

It is not clear how long the shift is going to be: timer? stamina? turns? there's no indication, just the shift ends without a warning

the loading of the tray is one turn for each beverage, this feels a bit off. I feel that loading the tray should be one action independently of the amount of beverage loaded

These are my two cents, some of them are very personal.

I understand that the lack of variety in scenes is due to the early release.
Yooo, thank you so much for the feedback. The gameplay loop definitely needs a deep overhaul. That's the next thing I'll be working on. It feels really hollow, in part, because there are not enough lewd interactions right now. Also, thanks for the bug report. I'll fix that.

TimoF965

Nov 26, 2020
but as a programmer by trade, working with Ren'Py is a pain in the ass.
I really feel you. When I first looked into some RenPy-Code, my respect for the ones with no actual coding experience working themselves through the python script quickly doubled. To be fair, with a little python experience, one could code more efficient with RenPy than most of the creators do, but still...
I totally understand why you switched to something more traditional.

TimoF965

Nov 26, 2020
So, about the game: Nice idea, interesting setting, so yes, might be worth it.
Just some comments: I find highlithing the speaking person and moving them around is a little too much. If you read quickly through the texts, it looks like some muppet show ;) . I would suggest, you set the stage just once and then only highlight the speaking character. And don't spend too much time an animating them - most of us read the text and don't always look up. But of course, if you have significan changes of pose, it could be nice to reposition them. But please do not make them go completely over the screen for every sentence they say (like in the first dialogue between master and son when having entered the city).

I like it that you did not create the usual "let's blackmail her" scene at the city door but simply hinted to that. This was refreshingly unexpected :) .

Oh, and entering the setting for the first time kills the fullsceeen. You have to reselect it again.

Good work so far :) !

BoredBasmati

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2022
So, about the game: Nice idea, interesting setting, so yes, might be worth it.
Just some comments: I find highlithing the speaking person and moving them around is a little too much. If you read quickly through the texts, it looks like some muppet show ;) . I would suggest, you set the stage just once and then only highlight the speaking character. And don't spend too much time an animating them - most of us read the text and don't always look up. But of course, if you have significan changes of pose, it could be nice to reposition them. But please do not make them go completely over the screen for every sentence they say (like in the first dialogue between master and son when having entered the city).

I like it that you did not create the usual "let's blackmail her" scene at the city door but simply hinted to that. This was refreshingly unexpected :) .

Oh, and entering the setting for the first time kills the fullsceeen. You have to reselect it again.

Good work so far :) !
Thanks for the feedback! The game is actually out: https://f95zone.to/threads/corruption-town-v0-1d-boredbasmati.168818/
I don't remember the bug you're talking about in the settings, but I guess since nobody told me about it in the actual release, it's fine?

I really feel you. When I first looked into some RenPy-Code, my respect for the ones with no actual coding experience working themselves through the python script quickly doubled. To be fair, with a little python experience, one could code more efficient with RenPy than most of the creators do, but still...
I totally understand why you switched to something more traditional.
Someone understand me, amen.

TimoF965

Nov 26, 2020
I don't remember the bug you're talking about in the settings, but I guess since nobody told me about it in the actual release, it's fine?
It appeared only at the first launch (I already played the released version). Might have something to do with the fact that I have an ultra-wide monitor? Where do you store your save files and settings data? I can try deleting them and starting the game again.

BoredBasmati

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2022
It appeared only at the first launch (I already played the released version). Might have something to do with the fact that I have an ultra-wide monitor? Where do you store your save files and settings data? I can try deleting them and starting the game again.
C:\Users\%UserProfile%\AppData\LocalLow\BoredBasmati\CorruptionTown
I managed to reproduce the bug. I'll fix it for the next release thanks.

Reactions: TimoF965

TimoF965

Nov 26, 2020
Good news. Nothing that big, but something that would have left an uneccesary bad first impression to new players. Also hard to find for the developer.

Just two more comments: I really liked the mechanic of serving at the pub and being groped. The fact that you actually want to work and satisfy the bear and wine needs of the customers just add a little realistic touch of annoyance about being disturbed by greedy hands :D .
But I also have to say that it got a little repetitive in the end. Maybe you can add more different things there.

Two questions about it:
1. Is it a real time game? It seems to be turn-based, new customers and new hands only seem to pop up when you move to another table. But the red arrows showing an unsatisfied lust for alcohol seem to pop up even without moving, right?
2. The last two effects of the stats improvements are not clear to me. Maybe you shoud reword them or add an explaination.

But really nice to see a new approach to the game and a not so dull setting.

BoredBasmati

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2022
1. Is it a real time game? It seems to be turn-based, new customers and new hands only seem to pop up when you move to another table. But the red arrows showing an unsatisfied lust for alcohol seem to pop up even without moving, right?
It's turn-based; a red arrow appears if the client has lost satisfaction during this turn. Everything you do inside the bar takes 1 action, and you start with only 1 action per turn, so taking a drink at the bar will end your turn. That's a reason the red arrow may appear even if you are not moving.
2. The last two effects of the stats improvements are not clear to me. Maybe you shoud reword them or add an explaination.
They give you more actions to spend per turn. One is only for the 'get drink' action, and the other works for everything else. I'm going to rework this, of course. It's not super interesting at the moment.

snipekiller

Apr 7, 2020
It's turn-based; a red arrow appears if the client has lost satisfaction during this turn. Everything you do inside the bar takes 1 action, and you start with only 1 action per turn, so taking a drink at the bar will end your turn. That's a reason the red arrow may appear even if you are not moving.

They give you more actions to spend per turn. One is only for the 'get drink' action, and the other works for everything else. I'm going to rework this, of course. It's not super interesting at the moment.
Great game idea and great job so far! Definitely worth a try! I hope development continues. As for playing, have few bugs that I encountered. The market board, when clicking on the job announcement, got myself stuck in an infinite loop of reading it. Also, I agree about the stats, that are confusing without a description what they actually do. They need more explanation. As for suggestions: 1) its not intuitive on what to do with rased hands in the beginning (clicking on the hand - took me a few restarts ), 2) the barmaid got herself completely naked second day on the job, kinda too fast. Would be nice to start in a more conservative outfit and work yourself to newer more revealing outfits later. And there definitely should be a limit to what the barmaid can endure based on her corruption level. Overall - love the idea, love the work so far!!

Reactions: BoredBasmati

Achilicheese

Jan 22, 2021
this game is developing great so far, I wished the goblin gave her a "nose job" as she was on that ladder. mkaes it so much more fitting.

IDK it's my personal take on it.

FanOfClouds

Apr 12, 2024
This game has a lot of potential!! The slowburning progression is amazing and the use of talent three to mix H options with normal gameplay options makes this game even greater.

Really hope that in the future versions we could have more lewder actions to be unlocked, maybe a way to up the pleasure bar of the customers during the shift and not only the satisfaction bar.

More Otto content would be great too, maybe an lewd action to be done on the balcony(?)

And to be thinking about the Karryn's Prision inspiration on the game, i think that an masturbation option during the shift (on the storage room maybe) could be an great feature, since it could work as an way to control the desire but having the chance of someone finding her and interacting with her based on her corruption level.

Those are just some takes from a fan of the game, but truth be said, i trust your judment as a developer and i know that you already have in mind the best for this lewd and great piece of art.

AKAZADONO

Apr 10, 2024
Yooo, thank you so much for the feedback. The gameplay loop definitely needs a deep overhaul. That's the next thing I'll be working on. It feels really hollow, in part, because there are not enough lewd interactions right now. Also, thanks for the bug report. I'll fix that.
Plzz update i can't wait