• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

WeLoveMonsters

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2024
Just wanted to stop in and post an update in here outside of our dev thread. Our progress is going well, albeit taking a little longer than expected. The reason is that chapter 1 is actually longer than expected. Chapter 1 was estimated to be about 300 renders, so double the size of the intro. But by the time we're finished, I'd estimate we'll be over 400 with an additional 20+ animations. Barring any delays, my hope is we finish and release sometime next week. We will be labeling this version as .2 with the combination of demo + chapter 1.

Last edited:

WeLoveMonsters

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2024
ava 0.2 @0.5x.png
Hi everyone! Version .2 is now live! Please see the changes below:

V.2 Release:
Added: Chapter 1:
  • 475+ renders
  • 20+ animations
  • Added: subtle flash effect to all gun shooting scenes
  • Changed: Removed text box and added text shadow to minimize the need for "H" spam when you want to see the goods
  • Changed: Updated default save directory from %APPDATA\RenPy\ContagionCrisisHSDemo to %APPDATA\RenPy\ContagionCrisis (will require you to move files if you don't want to replay the intro)
  • Changed: Adjusted compression for all images and video files for best viewing experience for the default build while still providing a high level of quality
  • Changed: Adjusted certain animations to not loop on Intro
  • Fixed: Corrected all reported typos in Intro
Download links:

WeLoveMonsters

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2024
Now, Yoda, that's not nice. You should say please. :oops:

Compress, Please! You Must.

Close enough, I guess. :sneaky:
We are compressing, but we did get complaints on our last release for the compression used on the video quality. This time around we decided to reduce the compression until we couldn't tell ourselves that there was a drop in quality. This is compressed about 25-30% on the images and video. I think this is what we're going to stick with going forward, but I'm sure there will be modders or others who could compress more.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
This was pretty good. Well done overall. Just sad it's a kinetic novel.

I missed the tag at first until after I tried it. But that doesn't take away from the game. The writing was enjoyable, renders were really well done, animations, sound effects, music, etc., nicely done. Very intriguing story and makes you look forward to what's going to happen next (especially after that cliffhanger). Overall, great job.

Personally, not into kinetic novels (I enjoy the whole "choose your own adventure" style with choices), so sadly, won't be for me. But don't let that deter you. You have a nice game here that is pretty enjoyable. So yeah, great job and best of luck with this. ;)

Edit: Eh, I'll still play it regardless of it being kinetic. It was still fun and had me intrigued lol.

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Contagion Crisis [v.2] [WeLoveMonsters]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- -

Mac:
- -

Last edited:

megadude9

Jun 16, 2018
Very excited for the future of this game. Good animations and good looking protag. I wonder if the devs will give her immunity to the virus to allow for multiple lengthy scenes without her being turned when she gets "captured"

• Love
Reactions: WeLoveMonsters
4.90 star(s) 10 Votes