Seeking Complex characters in Adult Games?!

Jakky

Jan 10, 2018
The whole agenda of most of the adult games is: "peek" and fuck. Relying mostly on the basis of peeking, blackmail or drugs.

It can be done right, like, peeking has consequences and blackmail or drugs can lead to jail.

Complex characters are those which know what state they in. Act and react according to a given situation. What games include complex characters?

Reactions: Palanto

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Unfortunately adult games have a low bar for complex characters, with most being boiled down to one personality trait. But as a dev, it is really hard to write good original characters when everyone knows what the endgame probably is (they have sex with the main character)

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
The whole agenda of most of the adult games is: "peek" and fuck. Relying mostly on the basis of peeking, blackmail or drugs.

It can be done right, like, peeking has consequences and blackmail or drugs can lead to jail.

Complex characters are those which know what state they in. Act and react according to a given situation. What games include complex characters?
Good Girl Gone Bad is supposed to be fairlly well written.

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
It's kind of unfortunate but for now most adult players only care about the sex scenes in games, so rather than making a good personality for a character they prefer more sex. The thing is that the two main focuses of players are sex and control over the characters and that limits a lot the possibilities for something different.

As you can understand people only want to see the fetishes they want, so for that the player needs control and it limits creative chances. A good example would be seeds of chaos, a great game I must say but it's the biggest example of this situation, the choices that are not sexual are mature and makes me feel that the world is very interesting, but when you arrive at the sex part everything is optional and sex is a big part of the personality of the characters, for example when the red demon in that game is mad and wants to use you for relief, it is against his character that you can just say no.

saolo996

Nov 20, 2017
Oh man, I think you started an interesting discussion!

Here my two cents about it:

Personally I love the games where characters are not plain and react accordingly to their ideas and morale in different situations.
This is not easy to achieve, devs have to spend some time creating, even if just in their mind, some character background and make them "unique". Much more difficult than to simply stereotype someone according to one peculiar aspect.
And more difficult to move it in the game.

I love Tlaero characters exactly for this reason. But I know pretty well not everybody is as talented as she is when writing.

Another aspect is what devs are thinking about their game: if they think most of the players only want some story as a side to a good sex scene or if they want to make it more similar to RL situations, where a million of little things lead you there or not.

I was trying to write down a story for a game, and I started by creating headlines about the story and about background of all characters I would have needed. This means, probably, it's impossible for the MC to have sex with every girl in the game, or to have it easily just perforiming a couple of actions.
This would probably upset a bigger number of players than the ones happy about it, meaning less people willing to pay for it. If the goal is mainly to have a sort of an income, even if a side one, then the choice is almost one.

I'd concentrate just about the story and the game, loving both of them.

Just my opinion.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017

Try our game, Wicked Choices, some fans call it "The Game of Thrones of Adult Games".... ;) The writer and artist is a professional author who even released a novel so he definitely knows how to write a good story with complexity and life like situations instead of a fuckfest. But be warned, it's not always happy go lucky in that game ;) So there might be situations which make you mad, which is the authors intention ;) Bear with them and you'll find a game which isn't like most of the others. (click the banner down below to get to our thread)

p.S.: And just for your information, no the girls on the screenshots aren't "elves" like all people seem to think because of their ears :D

thecardinal

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Try our game, Wicked Choices, some fans call it "The Game of Thrones of Adult Games".... ;) The writer and artist is a professional author who even released a novel so he definitely knows how to write a good story with complexity and life like situations instead of a fuckfest. But be warned, it's not always happy go lucky in that game ;) So there might be situations which make you mad, which is the authors intention ;) Bear with them and you'll find a game which isn't like most of the others. (click the banner down below to get to our thread)

p.S.: And just for your information, no the girls on the screenshots aren't "elves" like all people seem to think because of their ears :D
I've played that game and the story is really good but I could never get past the Daz Gen 2 models used with the wrong shaders.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
I've played that game and the story is really good but I could never get past the Daz Gen 2 models used with the wrong shaders.
I know what you mean, that's why ASLPro3D is looking for an artist ;) But some people even praised him for not using the same g3 g8 stuff everyone uses right now.

p.S.: What do you mean with the wrong shaders? He's using poser not DAZ so there is no iray and those old assets didn't even have shaders for that :)

thecardinal

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I know what you mean, that's why ASLPro3D is looking for an artist ;) But some people even praised him for not using the same g3 g8 stuff everyone uses right now.

p.S.: What do you mean with the wrong shaders? He's using poser not DAZ so there is no iray and those old assets didn't even have shaders for that :)
Ah, that explains it then. I don't know Poser very well and never used it, my mistake. It looks similar to Iray models rendered with 3delight

saolo996

Nov 20, 2017

It's on my list of games I want to try... I'll defintely play asap.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Ah, that explains it then. I don't know Poser very well and never used it, my mistake. It looks similar to Iray models rendered with 3delight
Yeah, it "looks" like it, but in the old days (V4 stuff which he uses) there was no iray, so there were only 3delight shaders.- Poser uses Firefly as a render engine (iirc) which is the equivalent to 3delight.

It's on my list of games I want to try... I'll defintely play asap.
Like I said, be warned, it's not for the faint hearted, and I can definitely say the beginning of chapter 2 makes most people sick (which is intended) ;) If you can get yourself to play through that part, you're through the worst so far ;)

saolo996

Nov 20, 2017
Yeah, it "looks" like it, but in the old days (V4 stuff which he uses) there was no iray, so there were only 3delight shaders.- Poser uses Firefly as a render engine (iirc) which is the equivalent to 3delight.

Like I said, be warned, it's not for the faint hearted, and I can definitely say the beginning of chapter 2 makes most people sick (which is intended) ;) If you can get yourself to play through that part, you're through the worst so far ;)
Well, if you read what I wrote in my long comment you shouldn't be worried about the story and where it could bring, I think it's the foundation of a good game, then I could like it or not, but if it's well written, coherent and not bent to the sex...
Then I'll enjoy it anyway.
To me it's more important than sex, because it gives the sex more realism, instead of just being something to justify it.
I'm sorry, today I feel I'm not able to explain myself the way I'd like.
I hope my words are good enough, though.