Compiling game for Linux with Unity

Becoming_Dev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2019
Does anyone have experience with this?
All i know is that the compiler in unity for Linux is still experimental, so i dont really trust it.
I didnt even install that component so now i have to reinstall unity to even try, and create a Virtual Machine or something to test it...
Anyways, if someone already knows if it works or not, please share :3
bye!

Elvishious

Afterglow Developer
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
I made it about 1-2 years and it was near the end of the experimental build for what I remember (but worked fine), It was working on Kubuntu back then.
I remember when I did it, I had to make some if statement depending on the platform for player inputs:

#if UNITY_STANDALONE_LINUX
// Here write xbox360 input for Linux
#elif UNITY_STANDALONE_WIN
// Here write xbox360 input for windows
#endif

I really don't know if they change it now (making the change automatically during build), but at least now you know how to make platform dependencies ;)

Reactions: Becoming_Dev

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
We built GameLegends ( ) in Unity, and had no problem with the Linux version. In our case, we didn't require any platform-specific coding, so it was literally just a matter of telling Unity to build it.

Reactions: Becoming_Dev

Becoming_Dev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2019
I made it about 1-2 years and it was near the end of the experimental build for what I remember (but worked fine), It was working on Kubuntu back then.
I remember when I did it, I had to make some if statement depending on the platform for player inputs:

#if UNITY_STANDALONE_LINUX
// Here write xbox360 input for Linux
#elif UNITY_STANDALONE_WIN
// Here write xbox360 input for windows
#endif

I really don't know if they change it now (making the change automatically during build), but at least now you know how to make platform dependencies ;)
We built GameLegends ( ) in Unity, and had no problem with the Linux version. In our case, we didn't require any platform-specific coding, so it was literally just a matter of telling Unity to build it.
awesome :) thank you guys