Mod Ren'Py Companion of Darkness [Ch. 8] Walkthrough Mod [MurrayMods]

Uzhirian

Jul 18, 2017
Lately I have been improving my Mods to offer the player more information. For example, in games where the amount of points per character is important, I show it in the option. For example, an original decision could be:

Kiss Alice.
Reject Alice.

After applying the Mod it would look like this:

Kiss Alice. (Alice Love +2 = 12)
Reject Alice. (Alice Love -8 = 2 Close Alice's path)
+1 for this. I look for walkthrough's so that I can better decide what choices to make in game, I don't just want a modder to tell me 'pick this one' at every decision, so I only use mods that include info on the effect of the choices (points, variables, path changes, etc). So thanks for that!

Zemann2010

May 12, 2023
Just updated to the new version, but now the game won't open. I get this exception text: Exception: Line with id start_e38e681f appeared twice, at game/Companion_of_Darkness_Ch.7_MurrayMods(1)/game/script.rpyc:542 and game/script.rpy:542.

It has only appeared when I extracted the new mod.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: MurrayMods

MurrayMods

Modder
Nov 28, 2022
Just updated to the new version, but now the game won't open. I get this exception text: Exception: Line with id start_e38e681f appeared twice, at game/Companion_of_Darkness_Ch.7_MurrayMods(1)/game/script.rpyc:542 and game/script.rpy:542.

It has only appeared when I extracted the new mod.
It seems that you installed the Mod wrong. The Mod consists of 2 files: script.rpy and script.rpyc. These two files should overwrite the existing ones that are normally in the folder:
...\CompanionofDarkness-Chapter7-pc\game\...
From what little I can see from your explanation, you did not overwrite the files but instead generated a new folder, inside the game folder.

Zemann2010

May 12, 2023
Edit: I got it. For some reason when I extracted in the game folder, it did add a new game folder. x.x;;; I didn't notice that the zip had the two files in its own game folder, so when I extracted in the game folder, it made the new game folder. Folderception!

Thanks for helping me out! Sometimes it just needs a different perspective...

Also double thanks for making the walkthrough! I really appreciate you taking the time to make it! <3

Last edited:

breachcreaper

May 18, 2020
View attachment 3109046

Overview:
I've made a Walkthrough Mod for
Companion Of Darkness game by .

Updated: 2024-02-03
Game/Creator: Companion of Darkness / Berkili4 - - - -
Modder: MurrayMods -
Mod Version: 7
Game Version: Ch. 7
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

2024-04-19: Updating Mod for Companion Of Darkness Ch. 8!
Links to Mod file for Ch. 7 are down while updating.

View attachment 3109074 View attachment 3109077 View attachment 3109080 View attachment 3109081 View attachment 3323008
where is the link for downlaoding?

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
also there is a UI update in 0.8 so i expect the update for the mod might need a bit more time then usual due to that

Reactions: DragonsFear

MurrayMods

Modder
Nov 28, 2022
also there is a UI update in 0.8 so i expect the update for the mod might need a bit more time then usual due to that
Thank you for your concern but my Mods are simple enough that they are not affected by UI changes between versions.
Having said that, I notice that the Dev made a lot of changes to the dialogs (again) so I have to review all the code anyway.
I ask for a little patience...

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Ah, yes, Moon, from My Bully My Lover, thought she looked familiar. Anyways, just got caught up with the Dev, and no problems what so ever from your mod. Thank you so very much for your work on this!!!

• Red Heart

Primrose

Apr 21, 2018
Thank you for the mod. I don't know if it's a bug but I'm stuck on the part at the subway when the game make you choose 1 of 3 thing to do. The one where your mod let us choose all 3. When I click any option it said that I've already done it and won't let me progress, even though I haven't do any.

MurrayMods

Modder
Nov 28, 2022
Thank you for the mod. I don't know if it's a bug but I'm stuck on the part at the subway when the game make you choose 1 of 3 thing to do. The one where your mod let us choose all 3. When I click any option it said that I've already done it and won't let me progress, even though I haven't do any.
Ok, let me check it.