Coming password reset

lagolagolago

Apr 30, 2020
Heya,

just wanted to ask whether anyone knows the new rules for passwords. I have a reasonably secure password that looks insecure in two regards if one follows the idiotic, usual rules. But the difference is that I can actually remember the password among the hundreds of other passwords I use. Will the usual rules be enforced and in turn the passwords be hard to remember?

Reactions: wktos

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Heya,

just wanted to ask whether anyone knows the new rules for passwords. I have a reasonably secure password that looks insecure in two regards if one follows the idiotic, usual rules. But the difference is that I can actually remember the password among the hundreds of other passwords I use. Will the usual rules be enforced and in turn the passwords be hard to remember?
Use a password manager like Bit Warden or KeePass.

We employ a few checks:
  • Basic minimum 12 chars length
  • Make sure it doesn't contain 'f95/f95zone' etc
  • Check it's strong with zxcvbn
  • Make sure it's not in a leaked dump with (before any more people freak out, read )
This is what is checked.

lagolagolago

Apr 30, 2020

This is what is checked.
I was talking about remembering my passwords, not make myself more dependent on a third party to have access to my accounts. ...This sounds more stand-offish than it's meant :)

Just wanted to make sure the new rules were sensible, glad to see that's the case.

wktos

Feb 3, 2019

This is what is checked.
Ryahn

I was also forced to change my password: (probably by comparing stored hash passwords) you found that my is not unique (thats the message which I saw).
And I am completely ok with that - I am not doing any life critical activities here so my password was simple and easy to memorize.
But when it comes to change password there is no listed requirements for new password so I ended trying to change my password several times each time getting error with some new details - like doing a f*** quest in the game... This is antipattern for change password feature.

Also what is real reason for strong password? As I said it is just a forum without critical activities here (or directly connected to money).

Req which I found so far:
12 characters minimum
no repeating strings allowed
some strings are forbidden (like 'f95' or 'f95zone')

It looks like admins want to discourage people for using this forum

I am really curious why this was implemented? What is value? And see how many confused or even frustrated people you made

Reactions: Tim111111

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Ryahn

I was also forced to change my password: (probably by comparing stored hash passwords) you found that my is not unique (thats the message which I saw).
And I am completely ok with that - I am not doing any life critical activities here so my password was simple and easy to memorize.
But when it comes to change password there is no listed requirements for new password so I ended trying to change my password several times each time getting error with some new details - like doing a f*** quest in the game... This is antipattern for change password feature.

Also what is real reason for strong password? As I said it is just a forum without critical activities here (or directly connected to money).

Req which I found so far:
12 characters minimum
no repeating strings allowed
some strings are forbidden (like 'f95' or 'f95zone')

It looks like admins want to discourage people for using this forum

I am really curious why this was implemented? What is value? And see how many confused or even frustrated people you made
The enforcement for a stronger password and the requirements listed above, are mainly due to accounts being hacked. These accounts are then used for spam, ads and sending malware. Most of the accounts being used are older accounts or accounts with weak or reused passwords.

If users are mad because we are enforcing stronger password policy, then maybe they don’t need to visit an adult site. Not sorry if I sound rude.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

wktos

Feb 3, 2019
Users are mad because you had to find new passwords and dont know what are requirements...