Others Completed Cockwork Industries: Complete Edition [v4.19] [Digital Seductions]

3.00 star(s) 46 Votes

Ritalover#1

Jan 9, 2019
I, uh, "played" the Rita sex scene a couple times before I noticed something that really drove me wild: one of these devs also has a thing for a certain Star Trek character! Different hair, but same body type and similar clothing choices. The face tattoo makes her look similar, too.

Put that together with the leather squeak noise when Rita is just standing there, and I am out of my mind. And she's strapped into a crazy bondage machine.

Also, the Flawless ending image for the Rita scene . . . just great.

Sorry if somebody else on here noticed this first.

MissSonicBoom

Feb 2, 2018
Is there an option to change the race of the protagonist? I'd rather be white for immersion's sake
Oh that's a good one, being a Black guy kills the immersion, does having a big dick not kill it then, do you have a big dick in real life too? Do you get immersed in this world fill with women wearing tiny clothing and a topless guy? I mean of all the excuses you could say, I don't know why you didn't just say, I like my meat white, it honestly doesn't matter if you have a preference for light or dark skin but to try and pass it off as "it's not immersive", that's just awful, come on.

paulosergio96

Oct 28, 2017
Oh that's a good one, being a Black guy kills the immersion, does having a big dick not kill it then, do you have a big dick in real life too? Do you get immersed in this world fill with women wearing tiny clothing and a topless guy? I mean of all the excuses you could say, I don't know why you didn't just say, I like my meat white, it honestly doesn't matter if you have a preference for light or dark skin but to try and pass it off as "it's not immersive", that's just awful, come on.
Apologies for the trigger, didn't know it was such a sensitive subject

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Actually triggered them, yikes. Anyways don't feel bad, it breaking immersion is an absolutely valid thing. People seem to forget that there's two types of players, those that insert themselves into the role of the protagonist and those that don't.

Reactions: Lerd0

Quintus_Quake

Sep 29, 2017
Actually triggered them, yikes. Anyways don't feel bad, it breaking immersion is an absolutely valid thing. People seem to forget that there's two types of players, those that insert themselves into the role of the protagonist and those that don't.
I belong to the type of player that need a self-insert and I personally did not find any problem with the MC being black even though I am the whitest of white bois IRL... especially because there is made absolute zero fanfare of it... neither story-wise nor in terms of dialogue. This game, for all its many flaws, actually make the MC black without turning it into a fetish-thing or a race-thing.

I don't like playing the racist-card... But if someone has a big problem with the main character being black, they might very well be racist. The whole "immersion" excuse is paper-thin... the MC being black ruins immersion, but a female cyborg with a dick doesn't? The whole futuristic dieselpunk setting doesn't mess with immersion, but the MC having a skin color that differs from yours fucks up your sense of immersion? M'kay... I call BS.

But don't worry, Digital Seductions have said that their next game will have a white MC... so don't worry, the nasty black man won't be back to ruin your game immersion.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I belong to the type of player that need a self-insert and I personally did not find any problem with the MC being black even though I am the whitest of white bois IRL.
Good for you? Not everyone is the same.
especially because there is made absolute zero fanfare of it... neither story-wise nor in terms of dialogue. This game, for all its many flaws, actually make the MC black without turning it into a fetish-thing or a race-thing.
Agreed, they're are too many games that either have a characther be black for brownie points, or just a fetish.
I don't like playing the racist-card... But if someone has a big problem with the main character being black, they might very well be racist.
I don't think the person had any "Problem" with the Protag not being white other then him not being able to insert himself into the character. All he asked was if there was an option. You are reaching.
the MC being black ruins immersion, but a female cyborg with a dick doesn't? The whole futuristic dieselpunk setting doesn't mess with immersion, but the MC having a skin color that differs from yours fucks up your sense of immersion? M'kay... I call BS
That's completely missing the whole point by a mile. That's not what he means by immersion at all. The setting and other characters are irrelevant.
But don't worry, Digital Seductions have said that their next game will have a white MC... so don't worry, the nasty black man won't be back to ruin your game immersion.
I have zero problem with the MC, I have no idea why you mentioned this.

Either way arguments like these are looked down upon by staff so if you want to argue with me hit me up in those DM's

Quintus_Quake

Sep 29, 2017
Good for you? Not everyone is the same.
I know, that's why I said "I personally did not find any problem with the MC being black". You tried to divide players into two distinct either/or categories. I made the statement to show that reality is more nuanced than that.

I don't think the person had any "Problem" with the Protag not being white other then him not being able to insert himself into the character. All he asked was if there was an option. You are reaching.
"I don't think he had a problem with the MC being black... but on the other hand, he did have a problem with the MC being black."

That's completely missing the whole point by a mile. That's not what he means by immersion at all. The setting and other characters are irrelevant.
So he can only play a character that looks, acts and sounds exactly like he does IRL? No orcs in WoW? no Kahjit in Skyrim? No dad in incest games unless he himself is a dad IRL? No MC with a harem unless he himself has a harem IRL? The MC has to have same religious belief, same job, same hair color, Same eye color, same height, same weight, etc?

Either way arguments like these are looked down upon by staff so if you want to argue with me hit me up in those DM's
I know. No worries though, I am done. These are my final two cents. So you're right: if you want to continue this, hit the DMs.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
Unless you're a certified mind reader maybe you should take your indignation boner to some other place.
It does take a rather more lenient reading than average to not interpret "black MC kills muh immersion" as thinly-veiled "no Blacks, dogs or Irish" chauvinism tbh...

I'm certainly not seeing any obvious reason to assume prima facie a good-faith argument there given the kinds of hang-ups only too many folks in the Anglosphere in general and the US in particular have about melanin concentrations in other peoples' skins. Quite the opposite in fact.

Bueno

Apr 26, 2017
It does take a rather more lenient reading than average to not interpret "black MC kills muh immersion" as thinly-veiled "no Blacks, dogs or Irish" chauvinism tbh...

I'm certainly not seeing any obvious reason to assume prima facie a good-faith argument there given the kinds of hang-ups only too many folks in the Anglosphere in general and the US in particular have about melanin concentrations in other peoples' skins. Quite the opposite in fact.
Spare me the pomposity. This forum serves up gore, rape, incest and worse and pretends it's all perfectly legitimate fetishes but the second someone wants immersion by wanting to identify with the MC they are suddenly racist.
Strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

MissSonicBoom

Feb 2, 2018
Unless you're a certified mind reader maybe you should take your indignation boner to some other place.
They already addressed this, I clearly read into their post incorrectly. (Unless their apology is sarcasm, it might be since I never see the word trigger or triggered be used in a serious manner and not just taking the piss out of people)

3.00 star(s) 46 Votes