Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

What's an adult game without a cabaret club and the accompanying bunnygirl costume? ;P

Featured here is a sneak peek of the scene from the Brabannois questline, which will be going in as of the next patch for Claire's Quest to finalize Valos before we move onto Rathpike!

Nameless One

Dec 30, 2018
Oh my,a cabaret.Life is (almost) great.If there's one thing this game does well,is its art.Detailed and no extreme female proportions.Keep it up.

Reactions: DrackDrap

Shigurekt

Sep 2, 2018
About 0.16.4b version, can anyone tell me how can i access to rathpike ??? I did look for some guide on the internet but the game allways throw me straigh to valos while all the thing i read was like i suppose to land on rathpike first

Syswick

Aug 17, 2018
About 0.16.4b version, can anyone tell me how can i access to rathpike ??? I did look for some guide on the internet but the game allways throw me straigh to valos while all the thing i read was like i suppose to land on rathpike first
You can't go to Rathpike in the 0.16.x "overhaul". It will be aviable again, as soon as Rathpike got it's overhaul, too. Maybe in 0.17.x or so. Last version including rathpike was 0.15.2. ... BTW: Same question just a few posts above ;)

Reactions: Shigurekt

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Hello and welcome to another blogpost!

We'll begin with some Claire's Quest stuff first!

One last new scene coming to the existing 0.16 series of Claire's Quest, namely the cabaret work opportunity, is now being added. Additionally, I've made the pretty big decision of splitting beasts and monsters from one another. Monsters will now be mostly focused on Rathpike, while beasts will be mostly focused on Valos. Of course, that's not to say there won't be some crossover here and there, but that's the general idea for now.

As such, Chemont Town has been expanded, and I've brought over the kennels as well as the stables, plus I have plans for a cattle ranch/bullpen. This fits into overall Chemont's "ranching town" image, so I think it's a good fit all in all.

These will all come in as part of the next patch for Claire's Quest, which, once completed, will also be ported out to Mac as well as Windows as part of the public release.

Tentative release date for CQ final 0.16 patch and public release is 28th February. The previous tentative release for O:G is the very next day on 1st March, which doesn't seem doable given that I need a stopgap to iron out potential issues, so possibly 2-3rd March will be O:G patron/early access release date instead.

Oh, side note, I've started adding tags to the more recent posts, to make it easier to search for specific posts. Weekly blogs are under "blog", patron polls under "polls", sneak peeks under "sneakpeek", and download/release posts are under "download".

That's all for now, stay tuned for more news!

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Hello all! Today we're going to be featuring a bit of worldbuilding for a change! Shown above is the world where Claire's Quest takes place, stylized map courtesy of Nikki!

The Known World is 'split' into two entities, the 'Old World' Continent, and the 'New World' of the Isles. During a particularly bloody period in the Continent's history, known as the Crimson Century, many people fled the mainland and colonized the four Isles. Roughly 200 years later, the time of Claire's Quest begins.

In the start of the game, Claire's goal is to flee from the Continent when it is invaded by dark forces from the deep western jungles.

Once Claire successfully seeks passage away from the Continent, from that point on the game's focus is entirely on the four Isles.

As of 0.16, only Valos is playable, but by 0.17, we will bring in Rathpike as well.

After both Valos and Rathpike are done, Sorraine will be the third of the Isles to be introduced. While both Valos and Rathpike are 'starting' Isles, Sorraine will have markedly higher attribute requirements to do its quests, and will be sort of a 'middle-tier' stage of the game.

Although the focus is on the Isles, that is not to say characters from the Continent won't make an appearance. With the invasion that displaces Claire from her home mainly targeting the central part of the Continent, the northern part of Nordheim and the southern part of Ankharad are mostly untouched (for now).

As a result, Claire can find herself interacting with Nordlings and Ankharadi, especially in Rathpike, where a number of wayward Nordlings far from home are the key to one of the planned major questlines there, the Shieldmaiden questline.

Homura99

Sep 11, 2018
I'm having a bit of a problem while playing the game, it always gets stuck whenever claire gets drunk. Would really appreciate it if someone could help me with this. I'm playing it on my phone btw.

Last edited:

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
I'm having a bit of a problem while playing the game, it always gets stuck whenever claire gets drunk. Would really appreciate it if could help me with this. I'm playing it on my phone btw.
From changelog for latest version (on OP)
"* Disabled the new drunk and exhausted update due to complaints the slow speed makes it unplayable. Going to tweak the script a bit."

Reactions: Homura99

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
I'm having a bit of a problem while playing the game, it always gets stuck whenever claire gets drunk. Would really appreciate it if could help me with this. I'm playing it on my phone btw.
you're probably not using my latest port because the plugin that is responsible for this message now also uses the touch screen as input method.

Reactions: Homura99

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Hello everyone!

It has now been 30 days since the patron release of Claire's Quest! We've polished and patched the initial 0.16 release many times since, and we're now proud to present the public release of Claire's Quest, introducing the overhauled version of Valos!

There are now 10 scenes to be found in the Prologue, and another 26 scenes to be found in Valos, for a grand total of 36 scenes so far, all with artwork! For the full changelog, see below!

PS: Patrons, be sure to report any bugs/glitches you find on the Discord!

===

0.16.6 LOG:

* Brabannois Club now accessible in Valos Inner City. A quest has been added, toying with the costume-changing system with multiple variations based off the CG scenes.

* Kennels and accompanying scene moved over to Chemont Town from Rathpike alongside Stables, to match with the ranching theme. Breeding Papers progression now added to Stables, in anticipation for future ranch content. Chemont Town accordingly expanded.

* Gypsy Elder now sells attribute-raising feathers.

* Bugged access into Fort Amberley from Hookton removed.

4.40 star(s) 103 Votes