City of Broken Dreamers [Philly Games] Discussion Thread

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Here I go:

- Gloria: My least favourite of the four, I'm afraid. I agree with the forum user who said that some of the girls looked bland to him and that's my case with this girl. She clearly reminds of Judy, my least favourite in DA too I must admit. Maybe it's just the look she has in that picture, we'll have to see.

- Victoria: The best. I don't know if it's her look in that picture or what but there's something mysterious and sexy to her that caught my eye. Definitely Carli v. 2.0.

- Katie: Very nice too, I like the glasses and the freckles (Becca from Melody is another good example). However not all girls need those gigantic boobs. We already have Victoria with that kind of "feature".

- Ellen: My second favourite. She's clearly no Mido, that's impossible. But she's a nice variation from the usual girls that we get in these games. If she's the approachable (to the MC) version of The Dragon I'll be goddamn happy. I'd love to have her as an ally, if you get what I mean.

All in all I think that Philly did an outstanding job with the girls. That's no surprise. However I get the feeling that other than Ellen, all the other three girls follow a similar pattern in terms of body type, their hair colour being the main distinguishing trait. Anyway I'm sure that their different personalities and backgrounds will make up for that.

Besides I'd love to see a girl with a darker complexion, maybe latina or mulatto. That would be much more enriching.
I think that Philly may still be working on the design of new characters, so if that's the case and you read me, please, give it a thought.

Reactions: thecardinal

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
Here I go:

- Gloria: My least favourite of the four, I'm afraid. I agree with the forum user who said that some of the girls looked bland to him and that's my case with this girl.

All in all I think that Philly did an outstanding job with the girls. That's no surprise. However I get the feeling that other than Ellen, all the other three girls follow a similar pattern in terms of body type, their hair colour being the main distinguishing trait. Anyway I'm sure that their different personalities and backgrounds will make up for that.

Besides I'd love to see a girl with a darker complexion, maybe latina or mulatto. That would be much more enriching.
I think that Philly may still be working on the design of new characters, so if that's the case and you read me, please, give it a thought.
1st of all, how dare you insult the Khaleesi?! Secondly, I agree with the need for some more variety. A Latina would be great. I'd also love to see a goth girl of sorts.

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
Can't wait for another game from @Philly_Games. Depraved Awakening is still the best overall game on this site imo. I'm interested to see where he takes it with this new setting. Building on lessons learned from DA, I can only assume this one might be even better.

Reactions: BitesZaDusto

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I wonder how large the cast of characters will end up being.

And fully agree with @Aristos , game needs a Latina.

Either way, cyberpunk has me hyped, and I'm super into worldbuilding, so anything to flesh out the universe is great!

desmosome

Forum Fanatic
Sep 5, 2018
I will be a very sad panda if you can't implant/hack some cyberware that turns a chick into a sex doll. Bonus points if you can do it to to your nemesis.

K18

Apr 19, 2018
Going with Victoria so far, with the given detail and preview pic.
Ellen look & quick description makes me think about Jack (from Mass Effect 2 & 3), wonder how will that change when the story starts.
Gloria will probably bring more trouble (& fun) for Ghost, just like the girls in Depraved Awakening for our Detective MC.
Katie might be the safest girl for Ghost to be around (i assume until the story starts).
If a girl teased to a similar fate like a certain mature redhead girl from Depraved Awakening, maybe she be saved and turned into cyborg or just saved with advanced surgery.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Huh? What's that? What has Philly been up to? Well, here's a little bit about the game and a whole lot about how you can help him make it look even better...

Unlocked
Dev Update: City of Broken Dreamers #1
This will be a long one, so stick with me.
First, on the game front. I have stuck to rendering for now. Over Christmas, I will begin code and UI design for the new game.
As for progress, I am getting a good handle on this new engine, and I am picking up speed each day I use it. Last weekend I only managed about 20 renders and set up one animation. This weekend alone I created well over 30 renders and still going. In total there are now 115 renders sent through post-production and another 15 ready to be touched up. That number no longer includes stills for animations since I am currently doing full 30 fps movies for them.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thank you guys
Philly

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
Huh? What's that? What has Philly been up to? Well, here's a little bit about the game and a whole lot about how you can help him make it look even better...

Unlocked
First, on the game front. I have stuck to rendering for now. Over Christmas, I will begin code and UI design for the new game.
As for progress, I am getting a good handle on this new engine, and I am picking up speed each day I use it. Last weekend I only managed about 20 renders and set up one animation. This weekend alone I created well over 30 renders and still going. In total there are now 115 renders sent through post-production and another 15 ready to be touched up. That number no longer includes stills for animations since I am currently doing full 30 fps movies for them.

Thank you guys
Philly
Ha! They talked him into at least a little sense. Now he needs to dump the $1 tier.

And that render looks stunning. I want her to stick me with a needle and steal my memory.

quinfax

Jun 4, 2018

Unlocked

Thank you guys
Philly
His tier changes makes sense to me. So no problem there.

Ellen was already top tier in my eyes. That render though makes it double sure.

You can tell that @Philly_Games is really putting his all into this new project.

Excelsior

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes