VN Ren'Py Abandoned Choices Loop [v0.0.2a] [GhostTeller]

GhostTeller

Jul 17, 2018
Poster1a.png

Overview:
Is about Our main male character who is in his early 40's r. He is a cop, whose his life went to (hell or heaven) in just 75 days .​

Thread Updated: 2019-10-10
Release Date: 2019-10-10
Developer/Publisher: GhostTeller Mail
Censorship: No
Version: 0.0.2a
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Dev Note:

Download
Win - Lin: - - -

Old Prologue

police station.jpg police3b.png deya111b.png police shower1b.png corabath4a.png past17a.png carlast1.png invest4a.png out6aa.png poster final2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Hyped

Jan 14, 2018
We're very small team ( two storytellers and one proof writer ) .. None of us had any previous experience in making a 3D game before.
If storytelling is your unique advantage (which, surprise, it isn't) why haven't you tried using Twine or some other text-first engine.
Why bother with the poorly staged daz renders that anyone could make in a few hours?

So, We decided to make a "Cut Version" of every episode to walk alongside the MAIN resale of the game . Both will be available to every one here .
Makes no sense this early. And how hard is it to write an inviting description.

Edit: Tried it. This is the worst I've seen lately. Bad writing, bad everything.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
When the game doesn't even know how old the main character is, you start to wonder why the world exists like this.
lol i was same ^^
i was like.. yeah.. maybe 40.. 41 who know ? XD
not that i care anyway.. they are way too much game that pretend to have MC as 18 or student that just pop out of university and look like 12 years old XD

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
also if i may say to the devs ..

"So, we gathered and pushed the limits of our laptop to at least reach an acceptable range of the images"

that, honestly, i didnt care at all... you can make the best render ever, i not care, that not what it make a good game for me. i know alots of peoples will instantly fall in love with exceptional renders and all.. but even these peoples will let it down if the story is shit.
soo, justsaying, dont bother trying to get the best renders ever and focus on your story/gameplay.

i m probably not the best exempl at all ( yeah sure i m not , everybody know that) , but like me, i m not worry about my renders, i know they are shit ( i cant do better) , but i counter that with story and shit... specially shit .. well... yeah.. i m not the best exempl... but you got my point i guess. maybe another dev can say what i say and sound with a better impact lol

good luck with the project :)

blahblah25

Respected User
Apr 19, 2018
Just a dumb question the games version is V0.5 doesn't first release games start with V0.01 or has the Dev worked on the game before releasing the game like I said Dumb question please forgive me lul

GhostTeller

Jul 17, 2018
First of all , I wanted to thank Mr @Rich for the help , tips and advises he gave me while dealing with Daz Studio.
Second :
Thanks for all the feedbacks ( supportive and negative) Ones, that's exactly what we aimed and hoped for , by releasing this prologue.
As, i said before ... the main purpose of releasing this prologue was to see if the way of telling the MAIN story , will continue in the same way with ( humor and sarcastic ) style . OR ,we shall try to change it ..as it'll alter the images and scenes which takes too much time in our hardware setup .

SO, feel free to speak your mind , criticize as you see fit and " pin your finger to the exact thing " you feel odd.
After all what we'll gather .. we'll try to change. this project is very far from the beginning and will take much time for the real first episode to be released and it;ll be easy to see the hints and faults earlier and sooner than to see it later after the release.
Thank you guys Once again.​

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
@GhostTeller - 2 things:
  • Petition the mods to get the dev tag
  • Don't forget us Mac users! Making a Mac version is easy - just check "Macintosh x86_64" when you build the distribution.

Reactions: johnconnor
U

User_920791

The game is in a very early stage of development (it can not even be considered a prototype) and needs a lot more work before having another public version.

The numbering used in the version also does not seem appropriate. Being the first release, it should be something like "v0.0.1".

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I'll be honest here, I'll take a look at any new ren'py game that is posted here, but neither the description, nor the terrible renders, nor anything said in this thread encourage me in any way to actually try this one.

Seems like a lot more work needs to be invested into this.

Reactions: Samken and Hyped

Fall55

Oct 16, 2018
mmmm.So to say , you've put yourself in a difficult position. and to make that short
In one hand: the release is very short(15 minutes) with one character and little numbers of images,which led to your position now.
In the other hand: asking for feedbacks and criticizes ,points that the DEV is willing to listen to others and improve his work through their advises.

To Summarize the above: the game definitely in the alpha alpha phase .... which needs more work.
so at least for the next release should be from ( 1 h to 2h) to make full judgement about . even if takes months to be released .
Hoping to not be any disappointment or depression that makes you drop it .... but i for one will wait your " Real first episode "as you say.To see if something has changed.