Cheat Mod Unity The Twist - CheatMenuPlugin [v1.0.6] [dsconstructor]

Cameage

Aug 13, 2017
I kind of asked about this in the main thread, but I figured I'd ask here, too.

I have an issue where I can't trigger the mom/Julia scene where you hide in the wardrobe. As a result, Julia always gets angry if she catches me with mom.

I don't really care about seeing the scene. Does anyone know if there's a value in this cheat menu that can tell the game I've seen that scene so that part of the game progresses?

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
I kind of asked about this in the main thread, but I figured I'd ask here, too.

I have an issue where I can't trigger the mom/Julia scene where you hide in the wardrobe. As a result, Julia always gets angry if she catches me with mom.

I don't really care about seeing the scene. Does anyone know if there's a value in this cheat menu that can tell the game I've seen that scene so that part of the game progresses?
"mss=5" causes her to be fine with it in the pool
"mss=3" will make the wardrobe scene succeed
You could potentially break other stuff though if those get set along the way.

You can use the DumpScene feature to find out what might be stopping you.
IE here is a excerpt from the scene dump:

Code:
Pool, talk to Julia -> Talk about Incident with mom (sisq=2 and mss=1)
(Say) Jason - Listen, Julia… Um… When you saw Mom and I earlier, and we were…
(If) (int)mss < 2
(SetVariable) (int)mss = 2

Wardrobe
(If) (int)mss >= 3
(Call) md              <- run wardrobe scene
(ElseIf) (int)mss < 3
(Say) Jason - Well, I’ve waited a long time… so far, nothing…

Julia catches you and mom
(Block)mff check
(If) (int)mss < 5
(Say) Julia - Mom?! HOW COULD YOU!
(ElseIf) (int)mss >= 5
(Say) Julia - Well...well... what do we have here?
TLDR: if you can say precisely where you're stuck at (with quotes of the text) and give info on the current state or better yet a savegame i might be able to tell you how to progress without cheats and without potentially breaking stuff.

Reactions: AngelOfDeath

Cameage

Aug 13, 2017
"mss=5" causes her to be fine with it in the pool
"mss=3" will make the wardrobe scene succeed
You could potentially break other stuff though if those get set along the way.

You can use the DumpScene feature to find out what might be stopping you.
IE here is a excerpt from the scene dump:

Code:
Pool, talk to Julia -> Talk about Incident with mom (sisq=2 and mss=1)
(Say) Jason - Listen, Julia… Um… When you saw Mom and I earlier, and we were…
(If) (int)mss < 2
(SetVariable) (int)mss = 2

Wardrobe
(If) (int)mss >= 3
(Call) md              <- run wardrobe scene
(ElseIf) (int)mss < 3
(Say) Jason - Well, I’ve waited a long time… so far, nothing…

Julia catches you and mom
(Block)mff check
(If) (int)mss < 5
(Say) Julia - Mom?! HOW COULD YOU!
(ElseIf) (int)mss >= 5
(Say) Julia - Well...well... what do we have here?
TLDR: if you can say precisely where you're stuck at (with quotes of the text) and give info on the current state or better yet a savegame i might be able to tell you how to progress without cheats and without potentially breaking stuff.
Ok, when I get home I'll do a dump, do I need to be standing anywhere or at any specific time of day to get the info you need?

Thanks.

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
Ok, when I get home I'll do a dump, do I need to be standing anywhere or at any specific time of day to get the info you need?

Thanks.
You have 2 options,
1. If you are able to read the dumps then you can use that to figure out how to progress, though i can understand this might be too advanced for non-programmers.

2.Alternatively upload your savegame(preferably with as little cheated gamestate possible) and i can take a look.

Ultimately it comes down to comparing the savegame(gamestate) with the gamelogic(scenedump) to find the next thing that needs to be progressed.

Cameage

Aug 13, 2017
I think, maybe, I got it to work, now I have a different issue (that I has before, but I was ignoring it because of the mom/sister thing).

I'm at the point where I'm supposed to get stuff off the beach for shady guy in the Rebecca quest. I talked to shady guy once, he asked me to do it. Now if I talk to him again, the game freezes.

If I go to the beach, I can see the red guy, but he never moves to the remote area no matter how many times I go to the end of the pier and back. If I go to the beach at night, I don't get the option to search.

Is there a variable that will make Jason want to search the Beach?

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
I think, maybe, I got it to work, now I have a different issue (that I has before, but I was ignoring it because of the mom/sister thing).

I'm at the point where I'm supposed to get stuff off the beach for shady guy in the Rebecca quest. I talked to shady guy once, he asked me to do it. Now if I talk to him again, the game freezes.

If I go to the beach, I can see the red guy, but he never moves to the remote area no matter how many times I go to the end of the pier and back. If I go to the beach at night, I don't get the option to search.

Is there a variable that will make Jason want to search the Beach?
"TheTwist_Data\groom_beach.dmp" <-after dumping the scene at the beach
open with notepad, "Edit->Find" for "search"
Code:
(If) (int)teaq == 14
(Say) Jason - I should search this area...
(Menu) Search the area - Search area
(Menu) Back to the beach - Main beach

Cameage

Aug 13, 2017
"TheTwist_Data\groom_beach.dmp" <-after dumping the scene at the beach
open with notepad, "Edit->Find" for "search"
Code:
(If) (int)teaq == 14
(Say) Jason - I should search this area...
(Menu) Search the area - Search area
(Menu) Back to the beach - Main beach
Ah, now I think I understand the scene dumps more. I've been able to figure out how to advance a bunch of stuff I was stuck on, and also figure out how to bypass stuff that was crashing my game. Thanks, I'll pm you some Reddit Silver.

furryfantastic

Jul 13, 2017
What do I do after scene with Julia and mom when I hide in wardrobe to stop her from being mad at pool? Don't wanna cheat but it seems like I am being forced to

lWFDl

May 8, 2017
I Think this will be very useful! I normally edit the the game via Regedit, but with this it is much better!