Cheat Mod Unity The Twist - CheatMenuPlugin [v1.0.6] [dsconstructor]

Crispyking

Jul 15, 2017
Hi dsconstructor!

Thanks for providing this great mod! But do you have any idea how I could change the text content? I think it would greatly enrich the naughtiness of this otherwise great game if I could remove or rewrite some of the adoption related text. I hope it's possible, since your mod can extract the text-passages just fine, but I have no idea which corner of what file to look at. I'd even rewrite it via hex editor if necessary.

So if it's not to much of an hassle, I'd be grateful if you as an obvious expert, could point me to the right file!

Thanks!

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
Hi dsconstructor!

Thanks for providing this great mod! But do you have any idea how I could change the text content? I think it would greatly enrich the naughtiness of this otherwise great game if I could remove or rewrite some of the adoption related text. I hope it's possible, since your mod can extract the text-passages just fine, but I have no idea which corner of what file to look at. I'd even rewrite it via hex editor if necessary.

So if it's not to much of an hassle, I'd be grateful if you as an obvious expert, could point me to the right file!

Thanks!
You're welcome

Heres some background on how the game logic is implemented:
The game logic is implemented with , which is a open-source library that adds visual flowchart style coding/logic to the unity editor.
These are build as such; the root is a "Flowchart" that holds "Blocks" and these blocks hold "Commands".
The commands range from If, Else, ElseIf, etc statements for logic flow to LoadScene, Say, etc for changing the scene and displaying text that characters say and anything else you might want to happen.

When dumping the scene i read these blocks and commands from the scene objects hierarchy and write them to a file.
This is relatively easy since they are loaded in the active scene hierarchy.

You have 2 options for changing the text/gamelogic.
1. modify it during runtime, i suspect this is easy to "get into" but hard to get right, also it involves a performance penalty.
2. modify the assets themselves, this would be the most elegant way to handle it but i'm at a loss of how you would go about it, my knowledge of the unity asset system is very limited.
I suspect the assets hold the Fungus Flowcharts in a serialized form.

Option 1 would involve modifying Assembly-CSharp.dll and Fungus to make it serve your modified text and logic, is a excellent tool for this

Option 2 you will need to extract the flowchart data and inject the modified version back into the assets, maybe with or similar, though i have had no luck with that myself.

Crispyking

Jul 15, 2017
You're welcome

Heres some background on how the game logic is implemented:
The game logic is implemented with , which is a open-source library that adds visual flowchart style coding/logic to the unity editor.
These are build as such; the root is a "Flowchart" that holds "Blocks" and these blocks hold "Commands".
The commands range from If, Else, ElseIf, etc statements for logic flow to LoadScene, Say, etc for changing the scene and displaying text that characters say and anything else you might want to happen.

When dumping the scene i read these blocks and commands from the scene objects hierarchy and write them to a file.
This is relatively easy since they are loaded in the active scene hierarchy.

You have 2 options for changing the text/gamelogic.
1. modify it during runtime, i suspect this is easy to "get into" but hard to get right, also it involves a performance penalty.
2. modify the assets themselves, this would be the most elegant way to handle it but i'm at a loss of how you would go about it, my knowledge of the unity asset system is very limited.
I suspect the assets hold the Fungus Flowcharts in a serialized form.

Option 1 would involve modifying Assembly-CSharp.dll and Fungus to make it serve your modified text and logic, is a excellent tool for this

Option 2 you will need to extract the flowchart data and inject the modified version back into the assets, maybe with or similar, though i have had no luck with that myself.
Thank you very much! :) That's a starting point, and thanks in general for providing us all with your work, knowledge and fine tools!

Have a nice evening, dsconstructor!

Reactions: AngelOfDeath

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
hey first grate work
and if its possible please update for 0.25
Thx
Update to 0.25 please:)
Updated for .25Final~

Some notable changes/additions:
-Added a option to Dump All scenes, expect this to take a few minutes given it needs to load 50+ scenes.
-Added a way to modify float values, leftclick changes it by 0.05 shift+leftclick changes it by 0.1
-Changed the appearance of bool values, to hopefully make it more intuitive(using a button instead of a checkbox)

Lobuziak

Jun 18, 2018
Updated for .25Final~

-Added a option to Dump All scenes, expect this to take a few minutes given it needs to load 50+ scenes.
-Added a way to modify float values, leftclick changes it by 0.05 shift+leftclick changes it by 0.1
-Changed the appearance of bool values, to hopefully make it more intuitive(using a button instead of a checkbox)
Thank you so much:)

Carcalla

Nov 21, 2017
Updated for .25Final~

Thank you brother!