VN Ren'Py Abandoned Chasing Crowns [Ch. 3] [Project Post Script]

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
This is one of the few well-written games on here, so I don't mind the linearity. High polish too - I only spotted like three spelling errors and two bad renders. However, I have some reservations about people being voted out, and I thought it odd how many things were set up and then not used - like the eavesdropping and the exploration. Presumably this will all come in later, but it seems like MC mostly just sleeps all day for now.
The sudden explosion in choices in chapter 3 was jarring and a little deceptive (I assumed they would be more impactful than they currently are, because there were so few in the first versions). Because of that, I think I would have preferred not having the daytime activity choice at all.

Reactions: L Smith

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 8853, in script
"We're very pleased with the results of this month's work - this release includes roughly 30% more content than we'd originally planned."
ValueError: unsupported format character 'm' (0x6d) at index 93

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 8853, in script
"We're very pleased with the results of this month's work - this release includes roughly 30% more content than we'd originally planned."
File "D:\Downloads\ChasingCrowns-030-pc\ChasingCrowns-0.3.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 652, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
File "D:\Downloads\ChasingCrowns-030-pc\ChasingCrowns-0.3.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1188, in say
what = what % tag_quoting_dict
ValueError: unsupported format character 'm' (0x6d) at index 93

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Chasing Crowns 0.3.0
Sat Oct 06 21:33:08 2018

marsm

Feb 3, 2018
The page has been removed from Patreon. The game doesn't seem to violate their TOS, so I assume the dev removed it himself. Gave up on it?

U

User_10739

looks like it could be a while till chapter 4

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I rather liked this game and I hope it will continue with it's original vision, which was unique...
I'd be interested to know who the adult game expert is? As unless it's Palmer, Mr. Dotts or Dark Silver all of whom aren't Honey Select artists, I wouldn't put too much stock into it...

LukeX87

Jan 9, 2018
The page has been removed from Patreon. The game doesn't seem to violate their TOS, so I assume the dev removed it himself. Gave up on it?
I got this in email today:
Project Post Script posted
Final Thanks
Unfortunately, due to changing life circumstances, we are unable to continue development of Chasing Crowns. The project is cancelled effective immediately and no further pledges will be processed.

A heartfelt thanks to those of you who chose to support us. I'm sorry we weren't able to close out on our vision.

Regards,

Merlin & Kay

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I got this in email today:
Project Post Script posted
Final Thanks
Unfortunately, due to changing life circumstances, we are unable to continue development of Chasing Crowns. The project is cancelled effective immediately and no further pledges will be processed.

A heartfelt thanks to those of you who chose to support us. I'm sorry we weren't able to close out on our vision.

Regards,

Merlin & Kay
Honestly thats gutting I enjoyed this game and was looking forward to seeing more of it, hopefully they start the project back up at some point.

Alanthos

May 10, 2018
Real disappointing, Hopefully one of the devs can resurrect this in a few months with different partners.

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes