VN Ren'Py Abandoned Chasing Crowns [Ch. 3] [Project Post Script]

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

hashcheckin

Dec 22, 2017
Yeah, I was going to say, it's got kind of a clever script with a lot of moving parts, but there's almost no reason for it to be a visual novel. Of the few choices you can make, at least one of them always has the same result.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Well even though there's little in the way of lewd content, at least the story is pretty Interesting. I do think the backgrounds need a lot of work, I know its something odd to complain about but something about the BG's really rubbed me funny. Overall I have high expectations for this game. Also @ppsMerlin you should open a ticket and ask for the game developer badge so people can more easily recognize you.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
It's a shame. This Big Brother style is actually an interesting concept for an adult game. But it seems to be poorly executed here. Very few choices, when there should be actions and set ways for you to survive week by week, or get a game over.

nasam

Oct 18, 2017
[I wanted to write something short but then this huge ass post happened, sorry in advance xD]

A "BigBrothery" (well implemented) kind of game would be awesome, but it wouldn't work with 13 characters. At least not in "Monthlyish update" Patreon Style. That would mean that each update gets exponentially bigger as you have to cover more and more scenarios (depending on the order in which players get out of the show).

The other option is a game with a less defined story in which most interactions are kind self contained. But it is clear that the dev has a big complex story already in mind. Sure he's adding some choices here and there so people feel better, but at the end what you get is what happened with chapter 3.

It's a shame, all the same I am intrigued and I will keep playing. The story got me even if there are almost no choices and the sexy scenes are very few.

Now... what I originally came to write:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

edp101

Dec 3, 2016
This is fantastic! I didn't expect to be so drawn in with its story because of the reality tv setting but it has an interesting mystery and great character arcs.

Definitely overlooked.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

tomcire

Jun 12, 2018
It's a shame. This Big Brother style is actually an interesting concept for an adult game. But it seems to be poorly executed here. Very few choices, when there should be actions and set ways for you to survive week by week, or get a game over.
Disagree, as nasam explained well it's a matter of choice of storytelling. Doing a infinite tree with all the character will lower a lot their narrative potential. I think that will be added more substantial choices (I don't know if their idea was to do a kinetic novel and then they changed or if they planned to have a "big prologue").

U

User_801245

boring game only text no freedom just talk talk talk talk

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes