VN Ren'Py Abandoned Chasing Crowns [Ch. 3] [Project Post Script]

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

whosthatguy

Feb 25, 2018
I bet instead that the first to be kicked out will be Lynn. She knows.
Still there is Maple with the crown, who knows how she will spin the results, she is impulsive and vedicative, maybe she will be the decisive voter who will kick Lynn.
Reasonable. Also, now that we've seen Lynn's tits there's not much else going for her, is there? :)

Jan 15, 2018
Likin the designs the models look like they're from Honey Select
but somethin about the faces feels unique, in a good way
P.S anybody seen this kinetic novel tag before? what are these umm kinetic novels

Reactions: HunterSeeker

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Likin the designs the models look like they're from Honey Select
but somethin about the faces feels unique, in a good way
P.S anybody seen this kinetic novel tag before? what are these umm kinetic novels
That's because they are made using Honey Select. As for Kinnetic Novels, they're like Visual Novels without branching choices, or very little. They're basically just reading and lookign at pretty pictures.

takxt

Aug 4, 2017
Really enjoyed playing that! I found the story to be absolutely compelling - I was genuinely gutted when I came to the end! The characters are all interesting with well crafted personalities, and visually well designed - I definitely have a thing for a few of the girls in there (I just wish HS had slightly better designed footwear around the heels). The storyline itself has me absolutely hooked - I love the reality show with dark undertones angle which is keeping me guessing as to what is really going on! I'm not overly concerned about the lack of choices so far, largely because you have done such a good job of setting the scene and establishing the characters - hopefully we'll start seeing more options and choices as to how we'll 'play' the game moving forward. A systems which allows alliances to made/broken and and a number of paths the story can go down would be fantastic!
Couldn't have said better, no worries so far about the absence of choices, just a little bit worried about the time and effort required to transform this into something really "playable" with lots of possibilities of allies and/or enemies. Because of this, I think we won't have that much freedom in the game, but it'll problably still have some very interesting outcomes.

Loveless07

May 26, 2017
Interesting game, really like the way it's setup a game where you try to outwit your enemies to survive while also enjoy having some fun with them, with choices of making decision going to be added in the next update to choose who to keep and who to discard it's going to be fun, I really like it. :)

whosthatguy

Feb 25, 2018
As much as I hate double posting (post more, guys!) there's been an update on the Patreon.

Following our release of the preview build of Chapter 3 last weekend, we intend to release the full version of Chapter 3 to Patrons the morning of Sunday, August 26.
The release of Chapter 3 will include:

- Nearly 15,000 words of new story content, including the first Royal Court & first elimination!

- New player agency through dialogue choices and story consequences!

- Additional adult content, including a bonus scene for Duke-level Patrons.

- Optional free-time scenes where you can learn more about your favorite players.

A minor update to the public build of the game is planned for release shortly after Chapter 3, to include:

- Some player choices for Chapters 1 & 2.

- An additional flashback sequence with our good friend the Doctor.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Best,

Merlin & Kay

New player agency is great news. Optional free-time scenes is "Danganronpa confirmed" (which is also a good thing!) Revisiting the first chapters to include choices will really be interesting, but I'm guessing the game will retain some linearity. As for the Doctor, right now I really can't bring myself to care about him. It feels so separated from the rest of the story. I know it's going to be relevant later, but as it stands it just takes me away from the story that I want to see, kinda like the Pirate Comics in Watchmen.

whosthatguy

Feb 25, 2018
It's out for patrons. So I hope the seven of you enjoy! If any of you are reading this, be sure to post some impressions.

whosthatguy

Feb 25, 2018
It's largely unknown, that's all. There's a sea of small erotic games out there. But as they say, the cream always rises to the top. Its quality will get noticed sooner or later.

Reactions: evildead

tomcire

Jun 12, 2018
If you are that interested become a patron, they are still with only 15 guys.
I'm not one of them because I already spend a bit on other projects, I usually wait a bit of development to be sure the team is serious before supporting any new project.

whosthatguy

Feb 25, 2018
No official word yet, but from what I've seen of other patreon games, patrons get the release on average two weeks ahead of non-patrons. Naturally it's up to the developers when they want to let the non-patrons have a look. It's a balance: longer delays make it more worthwhile to be a patron, and shorter delays increase word of mouth, but given how few patrons there are, it's not a surprise that they're going with the longer delays.

Reactions: evildead

whosthatguy

Feb 25, 2018
We can only hope so, but they've gone radio silent. Their last reddit post was more than three weeks ago, saying Ch 4 was scheduled for late September and they promised to "be posting updates on this subreddit periodically, in addition to regular status updates on Patreon." But we've had no updates there, and more worryingly, not even a WIP on Patreon. Hopefully they tell us something, ANYTHING, within the next week, otherwise it might be time to assume the worst.

Flecc

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Nothing on their discord server since end of July that i can see . Doesn't bode well :(

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes