RPGM character creation.

oueoueoue

Mar 4, 2018
Hey guys, I'm a newbie at game development. I want to make an rpgm game but need a tool to create (of course, preferably nude) characters in the typical rpgm style. I've found the game character hub tool and its very good but it wasn't exactly what im looking for. I want to make the characters from head to toe for the cutscenes.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Hey guys, I'm a newbie at game development. I want to make an rpgm game but need a tool to create (of course, preferably nude) characters in the typical rpgm style. I've found the game character hub tool and its very good but it wasn't exactly what im looking for. I want to make the characters from head to toe for the cutscenes.
Without knowing exactly the "look" you're going for, I'll observe that most of the adult games running around here were created with Daz Studio, since the software is free.

ntentacle

May 19, 2017
Generator? For cutscenes? Not a thing.

If you're looking at the game character hub, then I assume you're looking for pixel art.

If you want that pixel art to make cutscenes, then you're going to have to learn pixel art animation, which is extremely laborious. There's software to make it easier (Aseprite is pretty good) but if you think you're gonna knock out a pixel art cutscene with animation using a generator, you're dreaming.

The reason you see so many games with 3d art is that it's ultimately easier to make than traditional animation for a lone developer. People either make or buy 3d character models (most of the characters you see on the games here were purchased from asset stores), make or buy scenery, pose the characters, and render -- now you have a picture for your scene. Re-pose the characters, make another render. Now you have the next picture. Repeat as needed.

With pixel art, you cannot re-pose your character. You're limited to the animations/frames that have been drawn by hand.

Want the character to do something else? Time to draw that character a dozen more times, once for each frame of the animation.

There are many places to buy 3d assets. Far fewer to buy pixel art assets, and fewer still that will have compatible art styles. Basically none of them are going to have animations suitable for a cutscene unless you only need them to do a few specific things; eg swing a sword.

oueoueoue

Mar 4, 2018
Thank you for the information, guys! It's very helpful.
I've been doing a little research myself and most people seem to be using daz3d. I'll have to follow a couple of tutorials for it.