• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Ren'Py - Celebrity Hunter [Ep.5] [Geiko Games]

1. 1.00 star(s)

BadgerBait

Any game that makes you go through blaring music before you can turn down the sound deserves a poor rating. Settings should be available first thing.

There also seems to be a bug when typing your name in. Screen goes to gray with blue lines.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

DougDimmadope

PROS
    - I can appreciate the attempts to make choices matter. There are some differences if you want a casual fling or a serious romance which I like. However, some branching plots just go nowhere like Cassia, if you betray Nathan for Cassia, you reward is... literally nothing. Oh and the rest of the branching plotlines are either incomplete or just paywalled.

CONS
    - A lot of false advertising and misinformation. The game is laughably nowhere close to "70 hours" long as described in the description. I'm a slow reader and I've finished it in 20 mins.
    - Majority of the images/animations you see in the animated banner are not available in the current release. Its paywall galore. Everything except 1 sex scene is paywalled. After years of supposed development, there is just 1 sex scene where you go down on a girl. Thats it. The game will keep reminding you can get more scenes if you just pay them though.
    - The animations are pretty bad. I've mentioned there is just one and its extremely low quality. Like something from the 2000s era of flash games.
    - This has got to be the worse version of renpy in F95zone history. The game bootsup with some loud & crappy royalty-free song, lots of transitions/intros that cant be skipped, some of the UI is still in Portuguese, pressing F1 (which quickly toggles the menu in a normal renpy game) will crash the game, you can't quit the game so you must alt-f4, you can't select a file to load from the main menu so you have to click continue which will randomly load a savefile (not the latest one btw) and only then you can right click and select which file to load, you can't go the main menu once you're ingame for some reason as clicking 'Start menu' will just restart the entire game, quick save/quick load is completely removed, pressing 'A' key (accessibility feature to change font size & line spacing) fucks your screen and you'll have to alt-f4, and just pressing the 'S' key will crash the game and you don't even have a chance to rollback or ignore like in a usual renpy game, they even removed the renpy features that protects you from crashes lol. Feels like everything in this game is just soo halfassedly thrown together to make a quick buck from the PC community.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Jaango

Celebrity Hunter [v0.1]

The biggest and most ambitious adult VN you going to see for a while! 70+ hours of gameplay (no grind) developed since 2018 ( This is the main reason I decided to try it, but this build only got around 30 to 40 mins of gameplay depending on your reading speed. 70 hours of gameplay is in original Portuguese version. Dev should Highlight this to avoid confusion in description)

The game is originally developed since 2018 and globally released on 2024 there is lot of time difference. That is surely showing in the game.

Good points

+ Writing
    + Renders ( renders are good considering it is developed in 2018. It's quality is increased)

Neutral

Story ( can't say Anything for now. This build have a small date with Priscilla. Depending on your actions you can seduce or befriend her. Maybe in future updates story gonna become boring or interesting. Since it's developed in 2018, players here played many games from 2018 to now so story many not gonna be a fresh breath here will wait and see)

Bad points

- Models are outdated
    - UI this is worse ( there is only six slots for save. There is separate slots for loading too. There is no need for it. This made it so confusing. I advise dev to check out recent renpy games and make UI like that)
    - Transitions ( slow transitions. It would be nice if there is an option to skip transitions like in renpy games nowadays)
    - Planned tags ( Many of the planned fetishes are not liked by many. Big example is Netorare and rape. Many players don't like to watch a girl who they are emotionally connected is cheating on them by banging another male or she gonna get raped or molested by others. Dev should specifically mention if they are avoidable or not. By avoiding means, it never happens on that game not an option to skip that scene for those who don't wanna watch it. Dev mentioned in the forum sex scenes are avoidable cause there is a friendship path. No one is playing to befriend the girls it's just that some fetishes are not for many. These also applies for gang bangs too. If it's with some random girls it's ok but if it is with main girls many gonna avoid the game. Please mention (avoidable) for the fetishes which players can avoid by their choices in planned genre.
    - No option to quit the game (used alt + F4)
    - when you skip unseen texts also got skipped

Really advice dev to change UI. If the bad points are fixed this gonna be a good game even considering the time difference