Ren'Py Abandoned Castlecry [v0.15.5] [The Open Project Games]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote
D

Deleted member 584847

not many times the process of moving the game from one program to another worked well, so... heres hoping.

ChronoSig

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2018
not many times the process of moving the game from one program to another worked well, so... heres hoping.
So far so good, it is taking longer than expected but the limitations of our last engine are completely gone. It is taking longer due to us pretty much not only moving existing content over, but adding in a lot of mechanics and content so our future self isn't frustrated.

ChronoSig

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2018
New Dev Blog up on our Patreon you should read up on, along with a poll for more info! Just follow this link:

Last edited:
Reactions: ☆Jonathan Wick♤

ChronoSig

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2018
New Dev Blog up on our Patreon dealing with Player Actions and Events, along with a poll for the next one. Just follow this link:

nkogkneetow

Jan 9, 2018
@ChronoSig, any updates? We haven't heard anything in over a month and it doesn't look like there's been anything on Patreon either. I like the concept and I'd hate to see it abandoned.

ChronoSig

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2018
@ChronoSig, any updates? We haven't heard anything in over a month and it doesn't look like there's been anything on Patreon either. I like the concept and I'd hate to see it abandoned.
Hey sorry yeah not abandoned yet. Some of our team was having personal issues over the holidays and we just started development again yesterday. I will update the patreon soon with some more info.

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Hey sorry yeah not abandoned yet. Some of our team was having personal issues over the holidays and we just started development again yesterday. I will update the patreon soon with some more info.
Glad to see you are still working on it.

ChronoSig

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2018
Still working, just slowed down by personal life stuff from me and other dev.

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017

So the project has run into a major roadblock as our coder has had to resign due to health concerns. This has put the current CastleCry project on hold until I find someone to replace him. Most of the core mechanics and systems are written out and artwork is half done but we cannot progress without a coder. On another note. I started a new Idea for a normalish/ Mature game based on Creepypasta works/ Lovecraftian world. Essentially, the Player will manage an organization in a 1800's steampunk world that is newly founded to take on the occult. Their job is to list, classify, contain, or destroy entities and other events. If you are familiar with the SCP world then something similar to that but in a steampunk world of 19th century. If you are interested let me know through discord or here. It will need a lot of writing and ideas for strange monsters, phenomenon, and other stuff. I will do exclusively all the art for it as it runs right up my alley in that regards and I think I have a guy that will code it for us, or I will do that one myself. If you have ideas for anything please voice them!

marked on hold

D

Deleted member 584847

shouldnt this be marked as "abandoned" or alteast "onhold"? just the starting upload and one bug fix in over a year...

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017

Sorry for the long Hiatus, but it is really good news! With a new coder we are finally back underway working on the game. Our goal is to have the first twine based playable build by the end of August. I know in the past our timelines have not been entirely accurate but this time we will deliver. Following the initial release we will have regular updates with large amounts of content and constant patches for bugs. We will need your support and feedback to help move the game forward in development once we get to that point.
For the first build we will most likely not have the paperdoll system up or most of the artwork as all our time has been devoted to writing and programming. Also for the initial release the Military mechanics will not be included as it is the biggest system of the game. It influences the most other game mechanics so it will be added in later. Other then those two let downs we should have all of Phase 1's building chains in, an advanced random generator for NPC's, and a large amount of random events for you to encounter.
Standby for more info over the next couple weeks!

On Hold tag removed

Reactions: APoc1

ChronoSig

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2018

Sorry for the long Hiatus, but it is really good news! With a new coder we are finally back underway working on the game. Our goal is to have the first twine based playable build by the end of August. I know in the past our timelines have not been entirely accurate but this time we will deliver. Following the initial release we will have regular updates with large amounts of content and constant patches for bugs. We will need your support and feedback to help move the game forward in development once we get to that point.
For the first build we will most likely not have the paperdoll system up or most of the artwork as all our time has been devoted to writing and programming. Also for the initial release the Military mechanics will not be included as it is the biggest system of the game. It influences the most other game mechanics so it will be added in later. Other then those two let downs we should have all of Phase 1's building chains in, an advanced random generator for NPC's, and a large amount of random events for you to encounter.
Standby for more info over the next couple weeks!

On Hold tag removed
Thank you, We should have new html format build by the end of the month.

Daehorn

Feb 10, 2018
Interesting game. Events and mechanics can be upgraded and polished (this is must). But please change town map. My city in medieval times looked very similar to that in map, only had church im place of castle :-(. That make me... unconfortable while fa....playing.

ChronoSig

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2018
Interesting game. Events and mechanics can be upgraded and polished (this is must). But please change town map. My city in medieval times looked very similar to that in map, only had church im place of castle :-(. That make me... unconfortable while fa....playing.
So for the last few months we have been moving everything to a html format which will polish all the mechanics up. As for the town map and city map we are hoping to eventually have a full dynamic map which changes with population and what is built by the player.

spartianrapesass

Sep 15, 2018
If I had to choose a place or time I would have had it be either The Norman invasion, Reconquista, crusade one through three, and lastly the Viking age in any part of the British isle, northern, France, or in Scandinavia. And I know that around this time feudal lords were not exactly a thing in Either Ireland or Scotland nor any parts of Scandinavia. But I think it would make a interesting experience as you build your tribe conquer your neighbors incorporating or enslaving your virgin kingdom and eventually become a feudal state. Or if you don't want to be feudal become a merchant republic worked for Venice.

Just an idea.

ChronoSig

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2018
If I had to choose a place or time I would have had it be either The Norman invasion, Reconquista, crusade one through three, and lastly the Viking age in any part of the British isle, northern, France, or in Scandinavia. And I know that around this time feudal lords were not exactly a thing in Either Ireland or Scotland nor any parts of Scandinavia. But I think it would make a interesting experience as you build your tribe conquer your neighbors incorporating or enslaving your virgin kingdom and eventually become a feudal state. Or if you don't want to be feudal become a merchant republic worked for Venice.

Just an idea.
The Key idea is to give the player the freedom to do so, once we patch in tribals and other cultures with different mechanics, it will give players the option to progress from tribal to feudal.

ChronoSig

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2018
New post up on Patreon giving a brief look into current activities, it is on its way. What will come out first, Bannerlord or Castlecry?

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote