Ren'Py Can't open games with new version of RenPy

Kazami

NTR BEST GENRE
Donor
May 26, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So the first thing i do as always is searching my problem on this forum and found this reply from a similar thread like this one.

here is a better way of fixing this problem all need is the game folder

1. download renpy
2. install renpy
3. open renpy launcher press preference look for the project directory
4. now copy the game folder ONLY and paste it into the project directory
5. now re-launch renpy there should be a game name in the project select it and press launch project
Except that the problem IS the renpy 7.4.x fucking over my precious adult games so i decided to try the same process but instead doing it with the RenPy 7.3.x sdk and after a few minutes.... VOILA!
Screenshot_5.png
The "About" tab of the game showed the sdk in which i launched the project - Screenshot_4.png
So i give my thanks to rayminator for making night a little easier.

The thing is... if i already solved my problem, why am i posting this on the troubleshooting thread? Well, i want to know what is the cause of the problem and if i will need to do this (on games using the RenPy 7.4.x of course) until i can afford a new computer? or if this a problem of the RenPy devs themselves.

Also this can serve as an example on how to solve the error.

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
it has nothing to do with your game it's renpy pytom made a mistake and he fixed it in Ren'Py 7.4.1 Prereleases

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I am fairly sure the new release of Ren'Py was not meant for distribution anyways... I do not plan to ever update for my current project.