Daz Can you suggest a best crash course to learn Daz 3D?

Dilshad Klein

Jul 24, 2018
I want to learn to render to make games or renders as a hobby but i dont know where to start. I remember the dev of "a wife and a mother" saying something about a crash course he took for 6 months which taught him enough skills to make the game. I wonder if you guys know about any of them. Thanks.

Reactions: navigincognito

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
I learned trial & error... Did manage to find a few things on youtube, but still there is no substitute for just digging in...

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I want to learn to render to make games or renders as a hobby but i dont know where to start.
As the other said, trial and error.

Of course, there's tutorials, there's probably even online classes, but creating 3D Computer Graphics is both something technical and artistic. The technical part can be taught (what is a diffuse map, how to configure a good deep of field, etc.), but it's not what will make your creations good looking. Once you know all this, that are basically the same for all 3D render engines (only the names sometimes change), you'll still not be able to do something at least average.
It's your eyes, and so your experience, that will tell you what you need to do to correct this badly defined texture, find the most natural pose for this character, and all.

Nov 28, 2019
Easy to follow, quick to the point and highly useful for any beginner:

Parmy Baddhan and TheWPGuru make tons of good tutorial and info videos on Daz3D, but I found Thundorn to be the most useful when I started out with Daz. He's got a calm, good voice that doesn't start to annoy you, the audio quality of his speech is always clear and loud enough to easily hear.

Having a look at his playlist is definitely a good start to get into Daz3D :)