• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Daz Illusion Can you port Illusion animations to Genesis figures?

Agrippa

Aug 5, 2016
I have quite a few (legal) Daz assets, but animation is a bit of an Achilles heel as almost everybody is using the same few loops available on Renderotica that, while high quality, are easily recognizable. Illusion games, on the other hand, have an astounding amount of available animations and I was wondering if, seeing as they don't seem to care overmuch about people using their assets to make their own games, it would be viable to port their animations to a Genesis figure, even if as a starting point. Any suggestions?

Marduke

Jun 12, 2019
Extracting the animations is theoretically possible. Making them work on anything other than the models it was meant to be used with, not so much. Matching the rig would be your first very big challenge, and after that you have to remember most HS animations rely heavily on custom parameters and IK, which is something that gets really ugly when set incorrectly.

Reactions: Agrippa

Agrippa

Aug 5, 2016
Yes, I was thinking precisely about how hard it would be to adapt them to a different rig. Didn't know about the IK and custom parameters, even if the IK part should have been obvious seeing how certain body parts remain static--that at least should work in Daz Studio with the fairly recent IK chains. I have no clue what the custom parameters may be, though.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
I cannot use blender very good, or make animations very good, however I did with some degree of success make some animations in blender for the sims4 a while back (basic ones). I then downloaded some really good sims4 sex animations and because I knew how they worked, tried to put them on a DAZ character, all seemed to work in blender, back in DAZ and nothing happened.

So I can only image trying to use illusion or something else.

DoubleLust

Feb 16, 2021
suggestion: Don't use honey select.
If animation export and IK export is even available, its going to be extremely janky trying to convert it into Daz3D animations and you are going to find it difficult trouble shooting issues with Asian modding forums.

I would recomend trying sims 4 or some other game with more open mod support

work in blender, back in DAZ and nothing happened.
Daz3D is very picky about how it imports things, unfortunately I didn't write down the nightmare of importing animations, I would have to tinker with it when I am not rendering out stuff, but if I recall I had to export with certain conditions checked and it had to be a specific version of FBX

Agrippa

Aug 5, 2016
Thank you both. You are clearly far more knowledgeable than I am, and some browsing through the Daz and Blender forums seems to confirm that Daz hates importing animations, so maybe the easiest option would be to play around with puppeteer, some good starting poses, the IK chains, and the spring dynamics script rather than try to recycle the work of others.