Can someone tell me why 90% of the time NOPY fails mydownloads?

MadDany

Jul 9, 2017
Not sure if its just me or if its the site's problem. But Almost always the downloads never go through. Stops 1/4 of the way. And im not talking about old uploads but recent ones.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
This is the first I am hearing of the downloads failing. If the download is slow, the server could be overloaded. There is usually a message that tells you.

D

Deleted member 78983

It's probably just a busy time. For me, during the day I can't get decent download speeds so I download shit at night.

Reactions: Strongwood

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
It happens to me if I "overload" traffic. If I open few tabs with various sites in browser (after download started) or run some online game or torrent, in 80% cases nopy download fails. No such problems with other sites (wokrupload, zippy, mega, etc - can open whatever I want, if it's too much than download just lasts a little longer, but no fails), so I use nopy only as last resort and once download started, don't open anything else.

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
Happens to me sometimes and what occurs is it slows down then stops. It's a direct download to your specific computer and when your Internet Service Provider changes anything in that route, it stops the download. I live in a rural area in the USA and my internet is actually reliable with only rare downtimes at night for maintenance but I've noticed that they'll switch servers on me every now and then.
IIRC, it's NOPY trying to be secure but the ISP can and sometimes will switch you to a different server/route on the fly and then NOPY's like woah stop. You can try a third party DNS server and see if that helps at all. There's other options available but this is the most reliable way I know of.

iamabot001

Aug 22, 2017
I can't exactly say why it is a problem, but I have faced it too. Especially when I try to download files via the browser itself. However it is now compatible with jdownloader2 and now you can just copy paste the url of the page and JD2 will detect it. I somehow never faced any download related problem when I used it via JD2.

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
One thing to do is notice what browser you're using and any add-ons. Sometimes using a different browser will make all the difference. For instance, I've been reminding myself to ONLY DOWNLOAD MEGA LINKS WITH FIREFOX because if I use Chrome and it's over 1 gb, it will often fail in a crash to desktop with no warning just as it's finished downloading AND IT STILL COUNTS to my daily limit.