4.20 star(s) 25 Votes

Exiscoming

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2018
in latest version, monsters stopped respawning. after defeating the monster at the clinic and the monster at the camp center (which were waiting there from last update), I went for well over a week without a single new monster spawning.
in previous version, there would be a new monster in the camp center every single day.
That's interesting... Can you try something for me?

1. Open the developer menu by pressing Shift+O
2. Type in:

randWARSpawn1

3. Press enter
It should return you either: "Center" "Clinic" or "Lake". If it doesn't give any one of those, then that's a bug.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
That's interesting... Can you try something for me?

1. Open the developer menu by pressing Shift+O
2. Type in:

randWARSpawn1

3. Press enter
It should return you either: "Center" "Clinic" or "Lake". If it doesn't give any one of those, then that's a bug.
it returned
Code:
u'Lake'
however I went to the lake and there is no monster there.

in an older save it says
Code:
u'Clinic'
and there is a monster in BOTH the clinic AND the center, but not in the lake

in another older save it says
Code:
u'Center'
in which case there is a monster ONLY in the center. there is no monster in either clinic or lake.

so to sum it up. there are 3 spawn codes. 2 of which are bugged.
Center = spawn monster in center. correctly.
Clinic = bugged. spawn monster in center AND clinic
Lake = bugged. do not spawn any monsters.

since there is no lake monster, once the lake option is rolled you get stuck unable to spawn any more monsters.

Exiscoming

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2018
it returned
Code:
u'Lake'
however I went to the lake and there is no monster there.

in an older save it says
Code:
u'Clinic'
and there is a monster in BOTH the clinic AND the center, but not in the lake

in another older save it says
Code:
u'Center'
in which case there is a monster ONLY in the center. there is no monster in either clinic or lake.

so to sum it up. there are 3 spawn codes. 2 of which are bugged.
Center = spawn monster in center. correctly.
Clinic = bugged. spawn monster in center AND clinic
Lake = bugged. do not spawn any monsters.

since there is no lake monster, once the lake option is rolled you get stuck unable to spawn any more monsters.
Man that's weird. Could you include the save file here? I could check it out

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Man that's weird. Could you include the save file here? I could check it out
sure. here are the issues I found:

issue 1:
i had something interesting happen.
on an old save I had it show u'Center'
I defeated a monstergirl there (genie) and then it showed center a second time. I defeated a regular monster. and after that it now shows u'-' for that save. i saved it and uploaded it too as dash.7z

issue 2:
I noticed something odd. if it is dinner time when teleported to the camp center, if you click "walk around", it will at first not show a blinking purple light at the camera in the center.
you need to leave the center and walk back to it in order to make the blinking purple light show.

issue 3:
the file called lake.7z is an older save (that got resaved just now and tested that loading the resaved file acts the same) that shows lake but is actually in the center.
if I kill the center monster in that, I end up with no monster anywhere and it still says lake. this is the same state as my "latest save with lake.7z". which is literally just my latest savefile where it is broken.
I think what happens is, lake spawns in center instead of lake, and then after you kill the one in the center it does not spawn a new one. instead remaining on lake but without a spawn.

issue 4:
clinic.7z shows the state with clinic. as you can see in the save, there is a monster in the center and a monster in the clinic

I am on v0.0.10.3

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 25 Votes