• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

metalblinga

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
I have to agree with Darkmetal (also don't know why Darkmetal makes me think of the band Danzig, plus having Spock is just cool, live long and prosper) on the copy write and the why use the style. I do have to try as the story looks very interesting. I am not sure why as I am usually about the art and it is ok but just standard by everything now. Downloading and trying.

Keep up the updates coming!!!
Thank you! This comment means a lot to me :)

Reactions: morphiospain

Tomy75

Sep 27, 2018
I like the RPGM idea but the thing that bugs me is the non changeable size, it's full screen with no option for windowed...

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
The Good:
Models seem decent.
Sprites are decent.
Character sprite movement looks decent.

The Bad:
Lacking collision on dead trees
Bottom left collision tree blocks you from touching edge of map
A weird graphic glitch, a way to easily see it is go in the cabin, quick flash of vertical black lines happens sometimes when walking, might take a couple seconds doing it.
Cabin is way too big compared to its outside.
Looping Johnny Cash, should really end after 1 play.
MC gets dragged by female sprite when conversation finishes
When John tells Anna about Eve dying, Eve says ... and then Anna takes on Eve as a name.
A key for a room that has no door.
Grainy images especially Anna bath
I don't understand this cabin layout, supposedly owned by a super megacorp but is rusty, dirty, broken, yet new flowers and a shit ton of towels, a bowl with water candles, big fancy clean tub.
How is John looking in on Anna when that room isn't in the cabin?
Front door is locked, so John can't unlock a door from the inside, where the locking mechanism is?

The Other:

Options: this button does nothing. There needs to be audio settings, and video settings which is weird it doesn't have it since I think that is a normal thing that comes with any unity games.
Escape: it is supposed to pause, it says paused at the top, but clicking anywhere advances the text boxes, so not really paused.
Prenamed MC: A lot of people like to name them maybe as a self insert or funny words. Maybe think about allowing the player to name the MC, but also have a default name ready for those who don't care.
Weird that you can move with a controller, but the buttons do nothing.
The pause button on the top of the screen is weird.
30 minutes of your girl not breathing and no form of cold to keep cell death at bay. John she's dead, hell sometime past 15 and that is permanent brain damage to death.
Tell the player the keys to use would be useful, spent 5 minutes clicking on the cabin when it was a press E thing.
A log of previous things said so if things are missed they can be seen again.

Put the game through a grammar/spelling/punctuation checker. Examples below.
mother load : mother lode
a sign ealier : earlier
and a bunch more.

Reactions: Moisan4

metalblinga

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
The Good:
Models seem decent.
Sprites are decent.
Character sprite movement looks decent.

The Bad:
Lacking collision on dead trees
Bottom left collision tree blocks you from touching edge of map
A weird graphic glitch, a way to easily see it is go in the cabin, quick flash of vertical black lines happens sometimes when walking, might take a couple seconds doing it.
Cabin is way too big compared to its outside.
Looping Johnny Cash, should really end after 1 play.
MC gets dragged by female sprite when conversation finishes
When John tells Anna about Eve dying, Eve says ... and then Anna takes on Eve as a name.
A key for a room that has no door.
Grainy images especially Anna bath
I don't understand this cabin layout, supposedly owned by a super megacorp but is rusty, dirty, broken, yet new flowers and a shit ton of towels, a bowl with water candles, big fancy clean tub.
How is John looking in on Anna when that room isn't in the cabin?
Front door is locked, so John can't unlock a door from the inside, where the locking mechanism is?

The Other:

Options: this button does nothing. There needs to be audio settings, and video settings which is weird it doesn't have it since I think that is a normal thing that comes with any unity games.
Escape: it is supposed to pause, it says paused at the top, but clicking anywhere advances the text boxes, so not really paused.
Prenamed MC: A lot of people like to name them maybe as a self insert or funny words. Maybe think about allowing the player to name the MC, but also have a default name ready for those who don't care.
Weird that you can move with a controller, but the buttons do nothing.
The pause button on the top of the screen is weird.
30 minutes of your girl not breathing and no form of cold to keep cell death at bay. John she's dead, hell sometime past 15 and that is permanent brain damage to death.
Tell the player the keys to use would be useful, spent 5 minutes clicking on the cabin when it was a press E thing.
A log of previous things said so if things are missed they can be seen again.

Put the game through a grammar/spelling/punctuation checker. Examples below.
mother load : mother lode
a sign ealier : earlier
and a bunch more.
Thanks for the feedback! It's very detailed and just what I need to improve the game. a lot of the things you mentioned have already been addressed in v0.2, I'm currently adding more features before releasing it. And the issue with wrong character names in dialogues will likely not happen again because i'm now using variables as placeholders where the name should be.

e-disfunction

Jun 1, 2019
Interesting, I had no idea using copyright content were off limits in games like these. That's too bad cuz there's a lot of soundtracks I planned on using to complement the mood of the story.
If you make any income from copyrighted content (you have a Patreon account), you can be subject to all legal infringement actions.

Fair use, personal use, and a few other caveats might provide some freedoms but definitely not all freedom!

Qwert99

Mar 2, 2018
Welp, 10 minutes in and I've been stuck for a while now, at 9AM I'm supposed to go outside to go somewhere with the doctor but when I talk to him all I can say is "Goodbye", went through every dialogue with the two women and clicked on everything in existence but still nothing.

blademaster89

Aug 4, 2017
If you make any income from copyrighted content (you have a Patreon account), you can be subject to all legal infringement actions.

Fair use, personal use, and a few other caveats might provide some freedoms but definitely not all freedom!
The usage here does not fall under fair use, sadly.

metalblinga, its best that you use license free content from sources like creative commons etc. to for your music/theme/sounds solutions OR, get appropriate licenses from the content owners and carry on with your day.

Reactions: e-disfunction

Staerin

Nov 26, 2017
Seems like this has definite promise... but most things have 'promise' when they are this early on in development. We'll have to see how it progresses.

1.70 star(s) 3 Votes