VN Ren'Py Abandoned Buttons [v0.006]: A crowdsourced VN

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Btn_Sandra.jpg

Just a small update on the production.

I've scripted the next update and beyond and now working on the images for the next release.
This will cover your remaining hospital stay (more or less) and introduces some more characters. Including the after-hours visitor above.

It's also mainly sex, sex, sex. Or at least sexy stuff. And there are choices in who you want to be involved. Good, yeah?
The not-so-good is that the different paths will take time to build (even though you may not play them) and we're fast approaching the holidays.

I'll keep you updated on progress and expect new polls in the New Year.

Reactions: goditseb and Onysko

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
yay, cant wait to play the next update ! ( btw i hope its okay for me to use the banner as signature )
Let's hope the update isn't too far away. And, of course, no problem on the banner. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: goditseb

Fenix34

Jun 16, 2017
i like the idea and the small tited models. They look cute. Im hoping this ends up being a little more then just a visual novel. Like the ones that allow you to talk to who you want. Or go into different rooms and see the people.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
i like the idea and the small tited models. They look cute. Im hoping this ends up being a little more then just a visual novel. Like the ones that allow you to talk to who you want. Or go into different rooms and see the people.
The plan is to be able to choose where you can go. A bit like the navigation in . So no maps or images to click on, as the time to produce that would be too much.
We're a long, long way from that stage, as there would have to be characters within a place to be worth visiting. And stuff to do with (or to) that character.

This is still an experiment, so I've no idea how long this project will last, but hopefully you'll enjoy it while it's around.

Reactions: Onysko and goditseb

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Hi all, just a quick update that there is no update yet. The plan is to update in the New Year, in January, as soon as I'm able.
How big that update is will be determined by what time I have, but a January release is the aim.

I've also updated all current images with new lighting (example below), so that's something 'new', eh?

Meanwhile I hope everyone has a fantastic holiday/party/chilled time and see y'all in 2019!

Btns_Lighting.gif

goditseb

Apr 28, 2017
wow the lighting makes such a difference, great choice !!
Take your time, enjoy christmas and new year, January or February, doesnt matter :giggle:(y)

Reactions: inkalicious

rgnar62

Feb 11, 2018
The latest poll is now closed and the results are:
  • MC cannot choose to cuckold other male characters
  • MC cannot invite other males to join in (MMF)
  • MC doesn't have an older brother
There will be a pause now as I build the next release and write future scenes to include more poll results.

As for releases, I'm intending to have very short releases, containing a few scenes or so.
The thinking is that it'll hopefully keep the momentum going, though I still can't guarantee regular updates. I'll also provide specifics in a changelog, so you can decide whether to skip the update or not.

Thanks to all who voted and I'll return with updates soon.
So sad no MMF :cry: but MC can be cucked or not?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: rKnight

Back

Aug 3, 2017
This is an interesting concept/experiment! I'm liking the general idea and the sample images looks good (like the lighting effects a couple of posts above). For now, this thread seems adequate for Buttons, but if it grows quite a bit, then I fear a lot of information will get lost in the void of the thread, yes no? The game would certainly get more exposure if it was in the games section. Is it here due to forum privileges? In any event, I'm going to keep an eye on this. Good luck with the project, Ink!

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
This is an interesting concept/experiment! I'm liking the general idea and the sample images looks good (like the lighting effects a couple of posts above). For now, this thread seems adequate for Buttons, but if it grows quite a bit, then I fear a lot of information will get lost in the void of the thread, yes no? The game would certainly get more exposure if it was in the games section. Is it here due to forum privileges? In any event, I'm going to keep an eye on this. Good luck with the project, Ink!
Thanks Back. I plan to refresh, and reorganise, the original post as the project grows. But hopefully the vn will be enough for people to enjoy without taking part in any voting or discussion. Or they can search this thread if they need to.

On a similar note, this thread is about the project itself. When I first created it, there was only the written concept. But now there are characters, kinks and a v0.005, so it could be a new thread on the games page.
However I'm not going to request that myself. But I'm also OK if someone else wants to see that happen. As long as this development thread remains alive within Discussions.

Reactions: Back and goditseb

Qtyaelgar

Jan 6, 2018
Hi all, just a quick update that there is no update yet. The plan is to update in the New Year, in January, as soon as I'm able.
How big that update is will be determined by what time I have, but a January release is the aim.

I've also updated all current images with new lighting (example below), so that's something 'new', eh?

Meanwhile I hope everyone has a fantastic holiday/party/chilled time and see y'all in 2019!

Hey there, the new lighting seems nice, although the last version of the sample seems a bit too bright, like a glaring reflector is placed above the MC-s hospital bed, the shadow is very sharp accordingly, the one before the last one seems more like what the light in a room would look like. I don't want to sound like i'm meddling, just my opinion, for a better future!

Keep up the good work, can't wait to see this game happen.

Reactions: inkalicious

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Hey there, the new lighting seems nice, although the last version of the sample seems a bit too bright, like a glaring reflector is placed above the MC-s hospital bed, the shadow is very sharp accordingly, the one before the last one seems more like what the light in a room would look like. I don't want to sound like i'm meddling, just my opinion, for a better future!

Keep up the good work, can't wait to see this game happen.
Thanks Qtyaelgar. I wanted to make the lighting a bit harsh and clinical, but agree it's a bit too much.
I've re-done this scene a bit too many times now (including its photoshop edits), so I think I'll leave it as is. There's not much left that takes place in this time period anyway, but it's all a learning experience.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
It's all a learning experience.
Commendable. Always great when someone wants to try new things and explore new possibilities, take advice or suggestions, and learn (maybe even fail) and grow. Good stuff!

Though I have yet to try this since I have a bit of a backlog in games to get through, the idea behind this game is certainly different than the standard norm. This project has piqued my interest a LOT more than others in genre in quite a while with few exceptions. I'm looking forward to how this game evolves!

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Hello all. I've updated the OP with Buttons v0.006.

v0.006? Yeah, it's a small update.
I've re-worked all the existing hospital scenes with new lighting and there are a few added scenes that lead to some promising night-time activities.

While I'm not overly happy with the lighting change, it's final. I wanted a stark and sterile atmosphere for this, but overdid it a bit.
For the additional scenes, I also had the chance to try out Scene Console for Studio Neo and it's an amazing mod that should speed things up.

So, this is the January update? Let's say for now that it is.
My hope is that I'll have one more update which will take us up to v0.01, complete the night-scenes, out of the hospital and introduce the family.

We'll see if that happens but I will be returning soon with another poll. Enjoy.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Having had a think, and talked with a few others, I decided to create a thread for the Games page. This way I'll be able to develop that page, as the game develops.

Once it's up it'll be a game-only page and won't change this development thread.
So while you can go to both threads to chat about the game, only this thread will deal with voting and development shenanigans.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes