Daz Bullet Wound Ideas for Gen 9

WeLoveMonsters

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2024
I wanted to see if anyone who is currently working with gen 9 characters has some resources for doing bullet wounds within Daz. There is the gen 8 HD bullet wounds pack. I tried getting that working in gen 9, but unfortunately it did not work well, especially since we already have several shells for our characters.

I also tried going the prop route with Flinks FX blood packs. This feels like it could work, but the problem I'm running into with this, is setting the prop into the character's body and then moving the body. I'd have to reset the prop every time I moved the character. If there is a way to avoid this I'd love to hear it.

We're also trying to do this with post-processing/photoshop work, but the results from players have been rather lackluster. So I'm trying to exhaust all options. If anyone has any suggestions or alternatives, that would be most appreciated.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
You should never have several shells on a figure, ideally. It's never going to turn out pretty. Especially when it comes to something like wet skins.

It's been a hot minute since I've played with said bullet wound asset, but it should add to a texture on the skin it's being used on. Theoretically, you should be able to apply the bullet wound to an 8.1 character, find the texture (should be on Base Color, or near it in the surfaces pane), and then take it into Photoshop/GIMP, then load the G9 figure into Daz, find the head/face/body texture of the said model you're using, and blend the bullet wound from the 8.1 texture you applied it to originally onto the G9 skin. It should work well enough if you don't get too close.

That being said, an autofit to G9 should work fine, even more so if you limit it to one part of the body. Like the head/face. But I could be mistaken there.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeLoveMonsters

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Consider if you can get an Iray decal to work too. Won't be great for closeups because of the lack of bump/normal maps, but might be okay for middle distance stuff.

Reactions: WeLoveMonsters