VN Ren'Py Abandoned Broken Hearts Club [Ep. 1-2 v0.2.1] [PsychIntent]

2.50 star(s) 10 Votes

4i4ak

Jan 6, 2019
I think the problem is that we are all using Ren'py to make the Android editions, and I am not an Android developer, so I kind of have to take what it gives me unless I look for something else. I will do extra research to see if I can get to the bottom of why some Android platforms require an "ok" button, while others do not.
I just try to play it on my phone and it works fine. So the problem might be in the obsolete Android version of my Lenovo tablet( it's on ART but is obsolete indeed...) or in his screen resolution wich is 800x1200 and not FHD. Or just because it's Lenovo...
Good luck!

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Exclusive patron-only HD renders posted at my site. Next episode (Episode 2) scheduled for public release near March 1. Patrons will have access starting February 1 or later, depending on patronage level.

Reactions: Otyi

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Wow. Only just started and need a break, but I'm thoroughly impressed by the depth here. Although it may encourage me not to be bad when I want too lol, at least for the first play through. Definitely got a real life vibe too it. The cgs are unique, but could use a bit of polish from what I've seen so far, but that's understandable from the posts I've seen from the creator and still looking forward to more. :)

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Wow. Only just started and need a break, but I'm thoroughly impressed by the depth here. Although it may encourage me not to be bad when I want too lol, at least for the first play through. Definitely got a real life vibe too it. The cgs are unique, but could use a bit of polish from what I've seen so far, but that's understandable from the posts I've seen from the creator and still looking forward to more. :)
I'm busy polishing away as we speak. Mandy was recreated, and I just am finishing through improving all of the sprites (overlay characters). Oh, and working on Episode 2 as well. Expedited (earlier) releases will be received by Patrons as well as other special gifts along the way. Free public release will be after the Patrons all get their premium releases and gifts.

Reactions: acewinz

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Great stuff. Just finished the alpha. Grats on the start of your project. Paetron +1.
How do you pronounce Shane's name? Like the old western? lol A bit unusual if so to me, but maybe that's just my midwest upbringing. To the anyone else thinking of checking this out, do so and give some monetary love fellas.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
That pronunciation sounds about right. Shane is a name that I have commonly seen for both men and women, so I thought it was a good fit for her. This will become more apparent as her character is developed. She's a real spitfire. For those who are enjoying the game, would you mind taking a moment to give a positive review? Thanks for supporting me and thanks to everyone.

Xyzzy

Jan 24, 2018
Oh My God! It's Bogie and Bacall, not McCall. Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall. It would have taken you about 3 seconds on IMDB to get that one right. I appreciate the line, really. In fact, I appreciate Shane's entire attitude and speech patterns. But that mistake was just weak, dude!

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Oh My God! It's Bogie and Bacall, not McCall. Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall. It would have taken you about 3 seconds on IMDB to get that one right. I appreciate the line, really. In fact, I appreciate Shane's entire attitude and speech patterns. But that mistake was just weak, dude!
It's a teenager speaking, dude. Do you think she is looking up stuff on IMDB before saying it?

Reactions: Moria

Xyzzy

Jan 24, 2018
It's the dev writing it, dude. If your speculation were the case, then the MC should have corrected her. Don't get me wrong -- I like the game so far, and I really like the Shane character. In fact, now that I think of it, given Shane's character, she'd have made sure she got it right in the first place.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I thought i'd give it a browse and I found myself pleasantly surprised.

I mean, besides the incredibly depressing tale of sandi's introduction it was pretty enjoyable.

I'm not so sure about Carla's character model. She seemed a bit too red. Might need skin tone fiddling with a bit, she looked to me like she'd spent a couple of hours in a really hot bath.

That aside it's a very interesting set up. I can see how things may play out in the future after conversations with Shane. She's looking for someone that cares but not a full on relationship but someone else might want that relationship so do you keep both, let one down gently or full on shatter their hearts. That's the take I got anyway.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I thought i'd give it a browse and I found myself pleasantly surprised.

I mean, besides the incredibly depressing tale of sandi's introduction it was pretty enjoyable.

I'm not so sure about Carla's character model. She seemed a bit too red. Might need skin tone fiddling with a bit, she looked to me like she'd spent a couple of hours in a really hot bath.

That aside it's a very interesting set up. I can see how things may play out in the future after conversations with Shane. She's looking for someone that cares but not a full on relationship but someone else might want that relationship so do you keep both, let one down gently or full on shatter their hearts. That's the take I got anyway.
You're not wrong about Carla. I will need to play with the skin tone on her, because as several have said, she looks like she has a sunburn. That wasn't the effect I was going for, however I was less than 1 month in learning Daz Studio, so I should be able to do a better job with her. I also totally re-created Mandy, and did major work on all of the other renders, so there will be another update of Chapter 1 before Chapter 2 drops.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
It's the dev writing it, dude. If your speculation were the case, then the MC should have corrected her. Don't get me wrong -- I like the game so far, and I really like the Shane character. In fact, now that I think of it, given Shane's character, she'd have made sure she got it right in the first place.
While not totally agreeing with Shane's line of reasoning, the MC is not a pedantic prick who is going to make her life miserable by picking apart every little error she might make. People who do that IRL find out that they don't end up having many friends.

Reactions: Safetydummy

Xyzzy

Jan 24, 2018
While not totally agreeing with Shane's line of reasoning, the MC is not a pedantic prick who is going to make her life miserable by picking apart every little error she might make. People who do that IRL find out that they don't end up having many friends.
Hey, did you just call me a pedantic prick? :D Alright, I'll step up and apologize. I'm sorry if I came on a bit too strong. I didn't realize you would be so sensitive about your writing. And no, I don't think a teenager is going to spend time looking up stuff on IMDB, but I do think that you, the author, should have. That's my last word on that topic. This discussion is getting bigger than those few words in your script warrant.

I'll say again: I do like this game. If I didn't I probably wouldn't comment at all. I do like the Shane character and her no-nonsense attitude. I'm looking forward to what happens next with her, and also with the ex-wife and daughter. I wish you the best of luck with your project.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Hey, did you just call me a pedantic prick? :D Alright, I'll step up and apologize. I'm sorry if I came on a bit too strong. I didn't realize you would be so sensitive about your writing. And no, I don't think a teenager is going to spend time looking up stuff on IMDB, but I do think that you, the author, should have. That's my last word on that topic. This discussion is getting bigger than those few words in your script warrant.

I'll say again: I do like this game. If I didn't I probably wouldn't comment at all. I do like the Shane character and her no-nonsense attitude. I'm looking forward to what happens next with her, and also with the ex-wife and daughter. I wish you the best of luck with your project.
Nah, I didn't call you a pedantic prick. I said that adults that correct kids over every little detail come across as such. I think the MC knew what Shane was trying to say and it wasn't enough of a deal to correct. I'm glad you like Shane. She is going to get a lot more development in future installments, and I have some fun things planned for her, including a potential spin-off novel based on her character. There is also going to be some cool interaction between Shane and Sandi, and Shane may come up with some "creative" solutions for Sandi's situation.

Reactions: Safetydummy

Dathos

Jan 25, 2019
I think you've made an excellent start here. The opening really threw me, but in a good way. For all the games that throw pointless (albeit enjoyable to perverts like myself) sex right out the gate, this one's responsible approach is refreshing.

The conversation with Shane was so unexpected, and so well-written, that I stopped to go back and read it to my wife. It's well-articulated, logical, and presents the main character as a decent human being who actually has valid opinions about how things can play out.

Honestly, I hope that more VNs can present this kind of thinking. It's certainly more like my own experiences in the real world than most games of this sort. I am hoping that you continue with this level of writing as the story continues. It would be lovely if you can approach ethical non-monogamy as a theme here (I am dreadfully tired of the games that posit that having a relationship with more than one partner is inherently wrong and/or evil), even if it is just an option to pursue in the MC's development, selectable as a dialog option.

I will be watching with interest to see where your story takes us.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Thank you for your kind review. If you wouldn't mind, could you go to the first page of this thread and click the "stars" and post a review of the game? I would really appreciate it. Also, I will definitely take your suggestions under consideration as I develop the story further. I think you will really enjoy the next episode, which will be released to the public in March.

U

User_886295

I thought the girl in the 3rd picture was gonna murder me!

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
The character Mandy has been completely redone and will be in the next version when Episode 2 is released.

Robert E Lee

Jan 6, 2019
I can't seem to install this. A message appears saying "app not installed" while trying to install it. any ideas why? I am using an RCA Galileo with Android 6.0

2.50 star(s) 10 Votes