Others Bought a Game on DLsite but doesnt work

Nothing2Do

Oct 16, 2020
Hello, i just bought a game on DLsite and dowloaded it on my laptop (windows 10). Everything is using stranges symbols instead of the english alphabet and im guessing thats because my laptop doesnt have japanese language installed.

This is the game i bought

Installed the game even installed the DRM program. The games runs but when i try to press the newgame button or the systems button the game crashes.

The site says its compatible with windows 7/8/8.1, is that the reason?

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
I didn't test the demo, but I'd check the filenames first, and verify that they have Japanese characters and not some weird crap. See TheBlueKnight's suggestion and in case, extract the game again with the right software.
If it didn't work yet, you could launch it with or a similar tool (right click on the exe -> Locale Emulator -> Run with Application Profile), and/or right click on the .exe and change (select Windows 7).
If you still had issues with the game, a screenshot would help I guess.

Nothing2Do

Oct 16, 2020
20210404_091627.jpg

I did the Winrar trick and extracted it to a folder with the correct japanese letters. But now when i try to intall the game using the setup, it says that. I have installed locale emulator and right clicked - locale emulator- Run in Japanese, it still shows that message

Edit:i also ran it with Applicatiin profile and stulls shows the error 20210404_093109.jpg

I saved that and still error, checked the faked ui and still error

Last edited:

Nothing2Do

Oct 16, 2020
View attachment 1122559

I did the Winrar trick and extracted it to a folder with the correct japanese letters. But now when i try to intall the game using the setup, it says that. I have installed locale emulator and right clicked - locale emulator- Run in Japanese, it still shows that message

Edit:i also ran it with Applicatiin profile and stulls shows the error View attachment 1122576

I saved that and still error, checked the faked ui and still error
But if i jusg extract the file w/o changing the letters to japanese i can intall the game but with folders with weird characters 20210404_093713.jpg

Last edited:

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
What if, after you have extracted the file, you rename the folder with Japanese character into something easier? Or just VJ009471 (DLSite game code)?

Nothing2Do

Oct 16, 2020
I finally made it work! It now works and all i did was change Japanese (location) to Japanese in "run in Application Profile" and also click run as administration

Thank you scrumbles for helping me!