VN Ren'Py Abandoned Bone of Ancients [v0.1_1] [NoF8 Studio]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
I would advise against keeping the dialogue too simple. Most of the really successful games aren't written to cater to people who aren't good with English. For those of us who are fit in that language, simple often appears as bland and a bit dumb.
depends on the audience you are targeting...if you are going after the "only here to fap" crowd..simple may be good..but if you want players immersed and involved(such as myself and other hoity toity arrogant bastards :D ) you want a complex deep story we can lose ourselves in..some of us want the mental escape..some just want to play with their ding dongs and hoohaas...no judgement :p

Matt_NGS

Sep 6, 2018
depends on the audience you are targeting...if you are going after the "only here to fap" crowd..simple may be good..but if you want players immersed and involved(such as myself and other hoity toity arrogant bastards :D ) you want a complex deep story we can lose ourselves in..some of us want the mental escape..some just want to play with their ding dongs and hoohaas...no judgement :p
I suppose it is a fine balance. I will see how people respond in the next update.

WINTEX

May 26, 2017
Dunno, found nothing new in 0.1_1, ended the same place. Rollback is working, but no new characters or day 3.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
That video clip really caught me off guard, but in a good way. So much so that I had to check to see if I had sound on, because the game felt like there should be sounds.

As for the story itself, seems fine. Not great, certainly not bad, but good enough to keep going with. Most notable annoyance is the transitions with their clicking-does-nothing interstitials and rather abrupt transitions, but that's all minor stuff. I would advise caution with the good/bad/intelligent point system, in part because you have to commit hard to see the paths as a player, and in part because every developer who tries a system like that seems to end up regretting it six months down the line.

Matt_NGS

Sep 6, 2018
Sounds will be implemented later on, for the short term we have decided to focus on establishing the characters and plot in a rough and ready fashion. Polish will come later :)

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Just out of curiosity, is this game still being developed? Just wondering because the Patreon page seem to be down and no longer exist. Certainly hope that this is still in development :)

Reactions: CSNRC and lTTMl

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Android version???
I don't think there is an android version for this and highly doubtful that there ever will be; the game is abandoned and it doesn't have much content at all.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote