gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Couple o' things in HS002 - Popular3 (using the Hotfix 1 file):
Code:
        <<set $People['CC'].Parents rel ++>>
Parents rel should be Parents.rel.

Code:
              That gave space for people to leave her and go where they will...a lot came my [[way|HS002 - Popuar4]].
Popuar4 doesn't exist, should be Popular4.

And then as mentioned above:
1716927283251.png
followed by
1716927340963.png
... yeeeah.

Reactions: ustar and ffive

Terakahn

Oct 5, 2017
I like the idea and premise behind the game, but feel it suffers from a lot of the same problems that female agent does. Where you have this pitch for a game, and the player picks it up expecting to play that game. But spend their entire time playing through an intro or prologue to what they thought they were getting into. And the intro never ends.

As a text based life sim it's pretty cool. As a spy game it falls flat.

I don't know if you ever played Celeste Blake. But that's kinda of what I thought this game might be.

kekasaurus

Jan 23, 2018
Well, it's come to the point where all spy games have become a sort of meme where it's a competition to see which dev can goof around the most and still release ahead of the other guy making their own spy game.

M7AGB

Jan 28, 2022
Hey, I was making my way through a permutation of the nerd route (TwitchCon) and seem to have run into a bug: the passage "HS002 - TwitchOpen" does not exist. This appeared every time I made any choice that would lead to the gaming competition, so I figured it was just a missing/incorrect reference. I did some poking around in the code, and managed to find and fix it.

You're missing a </tw-passagedata> tag to close out "HS002 - TwitchSearch", and a <tw-passagedata> tag to open "HS002 - TwitchOpen" right around line 27317. I'm sure the variables aren't quite right -- I was just guessing at the proper pid and stole the position from a previous element -- but here's what I wrote to get it working:

new line at 27318: </tw-passagedata>
new line at 27319: <tw-passagedata pid="204" name="HS002 - TwitchOpen" tags="nobr" position="225,2600" size="100,100">

cd13

Mar 5, 2019
BTW, will be it ever possible to go High School - Gap Year - College and then to a main game without it ending pre-maturely?

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
I like the idea and premise behind the game, but feel it suffers from a lot of the same problems that female agent does. Where you have this pitch for a game, and the player picks it up expecting to play that game. But spend their entire time playing through an intro or prologue to what they thought they were getting into. And the intro never ends.

As a text based life sim it's pretty cool. As a spy game it falls flat.

I don't know if you ever played Celeste Blake. But that's kinda of what I thought this game might be.
Absolutely understand your point -- we've only had one dev cycle in the spy part of the game. It will expand and grow...and it won't take us 7 years ;) Didn't even take us one to get to the spy part of the story.

BTW, will be it ever possible to go High School - Gap Year - College and then to a main game without it ending pre-maturely?
And here we have the hilarious dichotomy: other people who want *more* Prologue.

But the answer is yes, 0.7 will allow Claire to go through the whole prologue.

Uniformed

Aug 9, 2017
I tried out the new HS Pregnancy mini-storyline. I quite liked it overall but there's still some things to iron out, I think. I also super liked the first scene w/ Jake. I'd say something like "more of that, please!" but while that's my fetish I understand that the (potential) relationship between Claire & Jake is not the focus of the game.

Anyway, there's a few bugs in the currently available version on the first page, but I think others have reported all the ones I saw.
More importantly, if you DO manage to get pregnant w/ Jake the scenes are a little funny. You have the opportunity to tell your Parent(s?) (which at this point is only Jake since Elle is gone) and ALSO The Guy who got you preggo - which in this case is ALSO Jake. So you get to tell Jake that you're pregnant twice.

I found it pretty funny that you could do that, but it's also possible that I screwed some things up by manipulating stats via the console to ensure the pregnancy and get around a few of the bugs. I may have broken some flags doing that.

Anyway, great job on the update! Looking forward to more.

x~Minchen~x

Feb 26, 2019
For some reason my character always looks at least very tanned, even when the mother has "alabaster" skin, her dad is white und she stays indoor most of the time. Is that normal? In the preview pictures, it seems like a lighter skin is possible.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
For some reason my character always looks at least very tanned, even when the mother has "alabaster" skin, her dad is white und she stays indoor most of the time. Is that normal? In the preview pictures, it seems like a lighter skin is possible.
The tanned skin is "fair" tone. For lighter skin, the Body.skin variable needs to be set to white, but since MC's skin tone is a random result from range of options provided by both her mother's and father's ethnicity, you're not guaranteed to get this one. Having "alabaster" mother and either "white"/"latin"/"eastern" father provides the best chance, but it's still 50/50 between "white" and "fair".

Uniformed

Aug 9, 2017
Is this a dice roll or is there any trait that can guarantee?
It is a dice roll. You can improve your odds by giving yourself the "Breeding" kink or by manually editing your maxFertility value. You can also try adding more to your bodycount (have sex with more people) and that also improves your chances. You'll have to use the console to edit some of these, mind you, and it might actually break other flags.

The dev probably wouldn't recommend doing the above, but if you're willing to trial-and-error it you, too, can get pregnant by your father - the way God intended!

Terakahn

Oct 5, 2017
Absolutely understand your point -- we've only had one dev cycle in the spy part of the game. It will expand and grow...and it won't take us 7 years ;) Didn't even take us one to get to the spy part of the story.

And here we have the hilarious dichotomy: other people who want *more* Prologue.

But the answer is yes, 0.7 will allow Claire to go through the whole prologue.
Oh there is a spy part? My game ended before I got to that point. I assumed that was the same in every path. I might have to try again. How much spy content is there?

Also, adding gifs/videos would add a lot to the game for me but I know what a pain in the ass that would be to code and design.

Reactions: ustar

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Oh there is a spy part? My game ended before I got to that point. I assumed that was the same in every path. I might have to try again. How much spy content is there?

Also, adding gifs/videos would add a lot to the game for me but I know what a pain in the ass that would be to code and design.
We're working on more gifs, but we prefer to make bespoke art because it's better and truer to the story. Plus we cant get dinged for using it.

The problem is how long it takes to make, develop and implement, especially with multiple versions of Claire.

Reactions: ustar

ArcFlight

Aug 10, 2017
A bug with the Lifeguard route, half the options in CC021 - Beach link to CC021 - Beach creating an infinite loop.

Also, this blank choice after prom.
1717292624683.png
Clicking it reveals it is the Taylor choice.

Not a bad start but I do see a problem, you are forcing sexually. Why does it have to be a boy and not a girl that she likes, and takes to the prom?
Very good point. I might add this option in for the next dev cycle.
Any chance of this still happening? Really sucks to make Taylor a girl, have her as your girlfriend, then be forced to go to prom 'stag', while watching her go with some guy.

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes