Black Screen on Being a DIK

Maxymuz10

Feb 18, 2020
Hello!

I just download the game Being a DIK from here and the game works wonders!

The problem is when there should be animation ( I think ) the screen is black, but I can still read dialog and all.

Can anyone help? I tryed stuff I saw online but nothing worked so far!

IZ2bSA80

Dec 25, 2017
Hello!

I just download the game Being a DIK from here and the game works wonders!

The problem is when there should be animation ( I think ) the screen is black, but I can still read dialog and all.

Can anyone help? I tryed stuff I saw online but nothing worked so far!
i have the same problem bro
I ran across the same problem, I'm not sure how I fixed it exactly but after trying a bunch of WebM related stuff, I ended up installing the webmdshow-1.0.4.1.zip from this link:

And it seems to be working fine for me now so if anyone have black screen issues on certain games then WebM definitely seems to be what you need to look into.

Anyway, I hope this solution is enough to help.

elouraoui

Apr 17, 2018
I ran across the same problem, I'm not sure how I fixed it exactly but after trying a bunch of WebM related stuff, I ended up installing the webmdshow-1.0.4.1.zip from this link:

And it seems to be working fine for me now so if anyone have black screen issues on certain games then WebM definitely seems to be what you need to look into.

Anyway, I hope this solution is enough to help.
can u explain how u downlaod and run this things plz?

IZ2bSA80

Dec 25, 2017
can u explain how u downlaod and run this things plz?
Well, I managed to find out what wasn't working on my end since then and I really don't think this had anything to do with it.
My problem came from my sound system being turned off and that was what caused black screens in this game and quite a few others actually.
It seems like some games won't even work at all without a sound system.
So I suggest you check if your sound system is working properly first before looking into the stuff I've posted as it was quite a pain to find out how it worked and I really have no idea if it was useful in any way.

Usually major problems with a computer's sound system can be seen at the bottom right of your screen, often in the form of a speaker icon with a red and white X.

Reactions: Yokan

Yokan

Aug 20, 2018
Well, I managed to find out what wasn't working on my end since then and I really don't think this had anything to do with it.
My problem came from my sound system being turned off and that was what caused black screens in this game and quite a few others actually.
It seems like some games won't even work at all without a sound system.
So I suggest you check if your sound system is working properly first before looking into the stuff I've posted as it was quite a pain to find out how it worked and I really have no idea if it was useful in any way.

Usually major problems with a computer's sound system can be seen at the bottom right of your screen, often in the form of a speaker icon with a red and white X.
yer a genius, it turned out I didn't have issue with webm, but that my speakers were disabled :D

Reactions: IZ2bSA80