• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Bkyu is making a RPG game!

Aug 24, 2020
He is mostly famous for ugly bastard NTR manga but finally he wants to try making a RPG game! He previously did a NTR visual novel flash game with Rinko as the protag.

For now the game development will start in March 2023 (may change). By that time he wants to have some idea of how the plot will go like, the world, all the character designs. He currently has comics that he needs to finish before starting development on the game. Bkyu has very little knowledge of coding so the time it will take to complete this game will be quite some time. He might even give up along the way but let's see how this goes! The general premise seems to be elf vs orcs with a male protagonist. The plot for now seems to be saving the queen, picture below.

Pictures so far (will try to update as much as I can):
NMUQm4WfrEponFtl1h5Fyowj.jpeg bb4ca492-d935-49f4-baa2-646920f7c049.png 6c54bad0-3144-42f6-91a6-d0629980dd92.png b6ae0a5c-87a8-4b94-a3ea-8dc4835c0b6f.png 80b7a7a2-1abc-4ed0-95b5-b40d83ff62ff.png

Last edited:

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
another boring day, another boring jrpg, where jrpg=fantasy=anime.

No, thanks.

PS: One year thinking about plot ? ! All jrpg have same plot !

Reactions: LS47

LS47

Oct 5, 2021
another boring day, another boring jrpg, where jrpg=fantasy=anime.

No, thanks.

PS: One year thinking about plot ? ! All jrpg have same plot !
Yeah, that's the same feeling I got from glancing at the screenshots on his Fanbox. Like, almost all amateur japanese games that end up on this forum have the same mediocre to trash content, and this Bkyu doesn't seem to want to diverge from that.

Reactions: Losersriot
Aug 24, 2020
Yeah, that's the same feeling I got from glancing at the screenshots on his Fanbox. Like, almost all amateur japanese games that end up on this forum have the same mediocre to trash content, and this Bkyu doesn't seem to want to diverge from that.
I think main reason first time game devs don't want to stray from mainstream topics is because it's quite risky. They might not make enough money. I like his art so I will be keeping an eye on this project to see where it ends up.

LS47

Oct 5, 2021
I think main reason first time game devs don't want to stray from mainstream topics is because it's quite risky. They might not make enough money. I like his art so I will be keeping an eye on this project to see where it ends up.
If he doesn't want to take risks, then how is he going to set himself apart from the thousands of Japanese adult devs who make the exact same content, and probably better ? I don't even need to follow his account to predict how it will end up, and that's a much bigger problem to me than taking unecessary risks. But you do you, if you enjoy his content, than who am I to judge.

Jul 21, 2021
If he doesn't want to take risks, then how is he going to set himself apart from the thousands of Japanese adult devs who make the exact same content, and probably better ? I don't even need to follow his account to predict how it will end up, and that's a much bigger problem to me than taking unecessary risks. But you do you, if you enjoy his content, than who am I to judge.
What? I get what you mean by plenty games felt the same. But you can easily do whats been done before as long as its done good. Elfs and Orcs works pretty great. Its always nice to see artist get into gamedev side so cant complain about that. Plenty big games has copied from other series and made their spin on it with great pay off. Taking a big risk whatever that means for a Hgame i dont know is a rare chance that devs do once they know what they are working with. Bkyu to my knowledge haven't done anything with rpgmaker so aiming for something big as his first game would be a miracle. Honestly i say he should do something small for first game just to try out and see what works and what doesn't. Making a game even a Hgame takes time since you gotta build up almost everything unless you have a series you wanna do your work around. I look forward to see more but agree with you that theres definitely also been ton of "devs" that made something very boring or just stopped so im not fully hooked yet.