Mod Big Brother: Image Tools [v0.13.0.007]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

lazyharry

Modder
May 24, 2017
Many thanks to Zammari for his work.
I'm just back home and will it give a try in the next days. The idea behind my question has been initiated by the excellent pictures from the Fan-art-thread. With such a program it might be possible to replace some of the disapointing pictures of the game with better onces. Some examples: private parts at t-liza-phone.img or t-dishes-4.img and t-dishes-5.img, which are awful (sorry, my opinion). see also my in discussion thread. An example for a better depiction of this parts is shown at p-blog-17.jp

HaremKing

May 25, 2017
upload_2017-8-9_1-55-23.png

Despite the various tips people have given I'm still struggling to get the image decrypter to work for Version 0.7.004 - any new ideas for a non tech person?

Pothos

May 8, 2017
View attachment 12997

Despite the various tips people have given I'm still struggling to get the image decrypter to work for Version 0.7.004 - any new ideas for a non tech person?
I haven't tried to use it for V0.7, all of the images are on the main thread listed under "CG", has all the new images already converted.

Reactions: HaremKing

Pothos

May 8, 2017
Many thanks to Zammari for his work.
I'm just back home and will it give a try in the next days. The idea behind my question has been initiated by the excellent pictures from the Fan-art-thread. With such a program it might be possible to replace some of the disapointing pictures of the game with better onces. Some examples: private parts at t-liza-phone.img or t-dishes-4.img and t-dishes-5.img, which are awful (sorry, my opinion). see also my in discussion thread. An example for a better depiction of this parts is shown at p-blog-17.jp
I haven't tried replacing original art with better/newer artwork, however I have been able to add custom art from

Found this post on pg2 and have been able to update my mod.txt to include scenes with fanArt.

• Follow the instructions on
  • Convert all of the decrypted artwork to jpg (use a bulk converter software/website: - Under Pro settings keep img quality and sizes the same and bulk convert)
  • Save all artwork (jpg) in new folder in root game directory.
  • Copy all loc-##.img files to the new folder.
  • Update config.cfg with new image folder using notepad or txt editor.
  • Update mod.txt with new scenes, to link to fanArt you have to add ".jpg" to the image name, original artwork work without a extension.
  • Have fun!!
Edit: Images have to be 1920x1080 .jpg
Edit: works with custom now: SaveEdit.jpg

Last edited:

Derover

Modder
Nov 11, 2016
I haven't tried replacing original art with better/newer artwork, however I have been able to add custom art from

Found this post on pg2 and have been able to update my mod.txt to include scenes with fanArt.

• Convert all of the decrypted artwork to jpg (use a bulk converter software/website: - Under Pro settings keep img quality and sizes the same and bulk convert)
  • Update mod.txt with new scenes, to link to fanArt you have to add ".jpg" to the image name, original artwork work without a extension.
  • Have fun!!
Edit: works with custom now: View attachment 13135
I have done the following steps:

• I decrypted all the files from BB with the latest ImageDecrypter, it created a folder "decryptedImages" full of .jpg's
  • Then I took a jpg from the fanart thread and named it "custom-test-bb-1.jpg"
  • I added this to the folder "decryptedImages"
  • I also coppied all the loc-##.img files to this folder ( and the emo-## files aswell)
  • Then i went to my Mod.txt and added the follow text to it:
    • bf.1.custom@0@custom-test-bb-1.jpg@This is a test to modding BB
      bf.1.next^ <i>continue</i>

bf.1@67@z-breakfast-family-1@So, kids, how do you feel about our new home? How was your first night?
      *bf.1.custom^ <color=blue>Test</color>
  • I also changed my .dll as was mentioned.
  • Then I changed my .cfg to "images=decryptedImages\\"
Now the text option is showing and i see the newly added scene with "This is a test to modding BB". Also th location images and the emotion images work, but I can't seem toget the custom-test-bb-1.jpg to show ingame.

Edit: I just saw the image has to be 1920x1080. Gonna have a look if thats the case overhere.

Edit2: Guess what, it was the size ofcourse. now it worked and I can start working on a story :p

Proof : it worked.PNG

Last edited:

Born2game

Jun 28, 2017
I have done the following steps:

• I decrypted all the files from BB with the latest ImageDecrypter, it created a folder "decryptedImages" full of .jpg's
  • Then I took a jpg from the fanart thread and named it "custom-test-bb-1.jpg"
  • I added this to the folder "decryptedImages"
  • I also coppied all the loc-##.img files to this folder ( and the emo-## files aswell)
  • Then i went to my Mod.txt and added the follow text to it:
    • bf.1.custom@0@custom-test-bb-1.jpg@This is a test to modding BB
      bf.1.next^ <i>continue</i>

bf.1@67@z-breakfast-family-1@So, kids, how do you feel about our new home? How was your first night?
      *bf.1.custom^ <color=blue>Test</color>
  • I also changed my .dll as was mentioned.
  • Then I changed my .cfg to "images=decryptedImages\\"
Now the text option is showing and i see the newly added scene with "This is a test to modding BB". Also th location images and the emotion images work, but I can't seem toget the custom-test-bb-1.jpg to show ingame.

Edit: I just saw the image has to be 1920x1080. Gonna have a look if thats the case overhere.

Edit2: Guess what, it was the size ofcourse. now it worked and I can start working on a story :p

Proof : View attachment 13212
Cant wait to try out your story

lazyharry

Modder
May 24, 2017

• Have fun!!
Edit: works with custom now: View attachment 13135
You have described how to add pictures/text. How is the workflow, if I only want `to replace existing picture to a new, better one ?

Chancer

May 13, 2017
You have described how to add pictures/text. How is the workflow, if I only want `to replace existing picture to a new, better one ?

You need to make sure it's 1920 by 1080. Then go to mod.txt to find the one to replace, and either replace image file or rename it. Change it in mod.txt if you changed image name.

You can ImageEncrypter_v0.0.1 to make jpg into image.
ImageEncrypter_v0.0.1 is aviable on page 2

Last edited:

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Can anyone tell my why I'm getting the exception "Out of Memory?
That usually happens when you run out of memory. :)

Reboot your PC, with nothing else running try again. If it still happens increase your page file size, reboot, with nothing else running try again.

If it still happens, you need more RAM.

Last edited:

evotion

Jun 3, 2017
That usually happens when you run out of memory. :)

Reboot your PC, with nothing else running try again. If it still happens increase your page file size, reboot, with nothing else running try again.

If it still happens, you need more RAM.
That's odd... I'm running 32gb...

EDIT: Nevermind, went through and manually processed each batch. For some reason I was getting some corrupted files. The last file I need is kira punishment at breakfast.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote