Mod Big Brother: Image Tools [v0.13.0.007]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Amaren

Apr 28, 2017
If you want to dump all of the images you can use RPA Extractor to extract all the images from the .rpa file pretty simply. it's a command line tool and easy to use.

Syntax example:
RPAExtractor.exe -x file.rpa

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Can confirm this works for the new version

Summer Love

Jul 5, 2017
ImageDecrypter crashes before any images are decrypted. It's in the folder that the executable is located and everything. It can't find Assembly-Csharp.bak apparently.

Zeth

Apr 21, 2017
ImageDecrypter crashes before any images are decrypted. It's in the folder that the executable is located and everything. It can't find Assembly-Csharp.bak apparently.
the decrypter needs the file Assembly-CSharp.bak in the subdirectory [BB]\BigBrother_Data\Managed\.
check if the Assembly-CSharp.bak exists in that location.

Last edited:

Steel Ocean

Jul 11, 2017
I am found and copy Assembly-CSharp.bak from the ver 0.6 to 0.7 and get this (attach). Pictures are found but programm chrashed

Zeth

Apr 21, 2017
I am found and copy Assembly-CSharp.bak from the ver 0.6 to 0.7 and get this (attach). Pictures are found but programm chrashed
You can't use the Assembly-CSharp.bak from BB 0.6 you have to use the 0.7 version
Copy the content from the attached archive in the [BB]\BigBrother_Data\Managed\ folder and try again

If the Assembly-CSharp.bak file is missing or should have the wrong version, then your version of BB_0.7 also shouldn'd be able to display any images

Last edited:
Reactions: Steel Ocean

lazyharry

Modder
May 24, 2017
I've got a question about encrypted images of the game. These tool decrypt the game *.img to jpg/png. Is the opposite possible ? To encrypt an jpg/png and to put it in the game replacing an existing one ?

Zeth

Apr 21, 2017
I've got a question about encrypted images of the game. These tool decrypt the game *.img to jpg/png. Is the opposite possible ? To encrypt an jpg/png and to put it in the game replacing an existing one ?
Haven't tested it but i think it is possible

Zeth

Apr 21, 2017
Just a simple test version of the ImageEncrypter
Takes the files in the ModImages directory and encrypts them to .img files, which can be used by BigBrother

Copy the content of the archive in the BigBrother directory, so that the ImageEncrypter_v0.0.1.exe is in the same directory as the BigBrother.exe

Reactions: 9della

Chancer

May 13, 2017
Just a simple test version of the ImageEncrypter
Takes the files in the ModImages directory and encrypts them to .img files, which can be used by BigBrother

Copy the content of the archive in the BigBrother directory, so that the ImageEncrypter_v0.0.1.exe is in the same directory as the BigBrother.exe

Tried it and doesn't seem to work on .png, only .jpg.

Last edited:

Zeth

Apr 21, 2017
Tried it and doesn't seem to work on .png, only .jpg.
Only works for jpg, but wouldn't it be easier to just work with the decrypted images. and modify BB that it takes the decrypted images and not the .img files?

Zeth

Apr 21, 2017
Did modify the Assembly-CSharp.dll so it takes only the decrypted images
(1) But the *.png files of the Images folder must be copied to the decryptedImages folder
(2) or the files from the decryptedImages folder to the Images folder
Or else the faces aren't loaded

and then the path to the images must be adjusted in the config.cfg
images=decryptedImages\\
or
images=Images\\

in the archive is the first version used
not fully tested make a backup of the files, before you try this

Last edited:

erikmark88

Jul 8, 2017
Did modify the Assembly-CSharp.dll so it takes only the decrypted images
(1) But the *.png files of the Images folder must be copied to the decryptedImages folder
(2) or the files from the decryptedImages folder to the Images folder
Or else the faces aren't loaded

and then the path to the images must be adjusted in the config.cfg
images=decryptedImages\\
or
images=Images\\

I have a question where one should move the .png files it is written the one to move them to decryptedImages but I find because folder is not it is a file or how to do it.

Zeth

Apr 21, 2017
I have a question where one should move the .png files it is written the one to move them to decryptedImages but I find because folder is not it is a file or how to do it.
You have to put all decrypted images in the same folder

You can get the decrypted images either by using the ImageDecrypter from the op or by using the CG pach from the big brother thread

And if you are using the ImageDecrypter (v0.5.2 because the early posted dll only works with jpg images) then you have to copy the *.png files from the image folder in the decryptedImage folder

After you have all images (decrypted images, which you can be viewed in every image viewer) in the same place then you have to define the path to the images in the config.cfg file
And copy the Assembly-CSharp.dll
from the archive in the BigBrother\Managed\ folder

But like i have stated earlier this is only a test version.
hope this explanation helps

And make a backup before you override anything. if it doesn't work

Last edited:

Zeth

Apr 21, 2017
Unfortunately not because I do not understand where you cg patch comes
In the op of this thread did i post a program called ImageDecrypter, usage instructions are also there. this program makes the pictures of bb readable for Image Viewers like Paint ;)

But if you don't have viewable files why do you want to use this file?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote