Archived Big Brother: "Visual Novel 2 E-Book" extracted dialogs [v2.4] (Dialog from v0.13.0.007)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagodoughnuts

Jan 7, 2018
I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to this stuff. Just discovered this site and these games. I love it.
So, I need a little help. I have everything downloaded and the game works.
I have the Formatted Dialog open and in the BB main folder. (not the Data Folder or the BigBrother_Data Folder)
I don't see any difference playing the game this way then playing it (in a different folder) without the Formatted Dialog.
Please explain "as you would to a child" (Galaxy Quest) how this works.
I am really learning a lot from these posts and appreciate all the work you guys are doing.
Thanks.

Last edited:

thug73

Jan 20, 2017
So, I need a little help. I have everything downloaded and the game works.
I have the Formatted Dialog open and in the BB main folder. (not the Data Folder or the BigBrother_Data Folder)
I don't see any difference playing the game this way then playing it (in a different folder) without the Formatted Dialog.
Please explain "as you would to a child" (Galaxy Quest) how this works.
This is not a cheat program. It's not designed to change the game at all. This is simply an extraction of 95% of all the "scenes" in the game - that is, the game presented in a different form.

What good is it then? Well, it allows you to quickly and easily see different routes you may have missed (i.e. not going to war with Eric.) Or it just allows you to "relive" old scenes without having to actually play the game again.

Reactions: kalifianto

bagodoughnuts

Jan 7, 2018
So, just pick a path and read the dialog?
Does it link to the applicable pictures automatically, or do you manually go to the html link?

thug73

Jan 20, 2017
So, just pick a path and read the dialog?
Does it link to the applicable pictures automatically, or do you manually go to the html link?
Yes, you just read it as a series of "scenes", pictures included. There are sometimes links for going from one scene to another.

What is *not* supplied is all the logic that is inside the game - the logic that says "this scene starts automatically after x happens", or "you can't make this choice unless you've bought y".

Reactions: kalifianto

thug73

Jan 20, 2017
OH MY GOD THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANT THANKS!!!!!!!!
My pleasure. While I've taken a break from the code for the moment, I do plan to go back and add "mod support" in the future. i.e. get the code to read in the MOD.TXT file from other people's mods and include that in the extracted files.

Reactions: wrarar

thug73

Jan 20, 2017
Hello
Any plan for an update ?
Yes, but they are only plans at the moment. Work will be a bit busy for the next couple of weeks at least.

Apart from my plans to incorporate MOD.TXT support is there anything in particular you're looking for in an update?

Cheers

yippyman

Jun 6, 2018
Thanks for taking the time to do this! Must have been quite a task. Is there a way to follow a specific route? I noticed the sequences aren't in order so you can't just hit next/previous

thug73

Jan 20, 2017
Thanks for taking the time to do this! Must have been quite a task. Is there a way to follow a specific route? I noticed the sequences aren't in order so you can't just hit next/previous
The sequences are is alphabetical order according to the names Dark Silver (the author) gave them internally. The only way to order them into a complete story would be to do so manually.

Pillowgirl

Oct 3, 2017
Can you please change the mod to redirect to a parallel folder to link to the images and not a local one?

I don't want to put 500 html files in my base folder.

thug73

Jan 20, 2017
Can you please change the mod to redirect to a parallel folder to link to the images and not a local one?
I don't want to put 500 html files in my base folder.
I'll consider it for the next release, which is probably a few weeks away.

Status
Not open for further replies.