From his Patreon
RELEASE PLAN:
Ver. 0.2: 27th February
From ver. 0.3, every release will be published at 5th day of each month:
Ver. 0.3: 5th April
Ver. 0.4: 5th May
etc.
Also going to get some login crap.

from version 0.3+ $5 patron only will got access to the game. To play 0.3+ you need to connect first using an email (that you use on patreon) and password ( which we will send to you). If you cancel your subscription, you will still be available to play latest version, which you have been subscribed before cancel. About public versions. I do not know when 0.3 (for example) will be free, but one day it will happen.

vcghbfbem

Sep 13, 2016
And then he cancels the email and the money goes to waste...
Someone can always create a new account each month only to pledge for him, deleting the credit card before paying the second time, using the real one for all the other games, they can ban the account, they cannot block the credit card, it's not a loss of money, but the greater annoyance is creating a new mail and account each months and I don't think that this game will be such a masterpiece to justify all this efforts. it's also a boring system that don't help to gain more money, usually who pirates a game won't pay for it in any case and if he like it he will pay in any case, otherwise we won't see author that make several thousands of dollar even if they are pirated so fast that one patron can play the game before downloading it that waiting his release.

hax

Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
hmmm that will suck.. the dev will probably block the email sharing the game :( anyway xd i cant play this game so :p

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Someone can always create a new account each month only to pledge for him, deleting the credit card before paying the second time, using the real one for all the other games, they can ban the account, they cannot block the credit card, it's not a loss of money, but the greater annoyance is creating a new mail and account each months and I don't think that this game will be such a masterpiece to justify all this efforts. it's also a boring system that don't help to gain more money, usually who pirates a game won't pay for it in any case and if he like it he will pay in any case, otherwise we won't see author that make several thousands of dollar even if they are pirated so fast that one patron can play the game before downloading it that waiting his release.
The problem stands. I register a new account and use my credit card. I share the game. He sees the shared game and sees my username / account. He bans the account forever. People trying to use that account can't use it because it got banned (from his database).

tarkasian

Donor
Aug 15, 2016
so he uses the mail and a password to keep track of the game?
can' the protection he uses be disabled?

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Well even if he does this, there are plenty of games in this genre with equally good graphics, that are available. So if it eventually becomes free, fine. It's probably going to be along the same timeline of availability of a few other games I could think of. Just means he will lose out on a potential subscriber base. More his loss than ours.

tarkasian

Donor
Aug 15, 2016
Well even if he does this, there are plenty of games in this genre with equally good graphics, that are available. So if it eventually becomes free, fine. It's probably going to be along the same timeline of availability of a few other games I could think of. Just means he will lose out on a potential subscriber base. More his loss than ours.
yes its not a very good way to attract people

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
so he uses the mail and a password to keep track of the game?
can' the protection he uses be disabled?
Unless you know how to or someone who does then no. @ace_boogie seems to me the most informed person on this matter around here so maybe he knows o_O

Aug 8, 2016
Well, this is disappointing, it was looking pretty promising too. Oh well, I guess it's something to come back to in a few months.

vcghbfbem

Sep 13, 2016
The problem stands. I register a new account and use my credit card. I share the game. He sees the shared game and sees my username / account. He bans the account forever. People trying to use that account can't use it because it got banned (from his database).
For doing so he needs to have a server and you need to connect each time you play, if this is true you cannot play offline and when his server has problems or he decides to quit no one can continue to play the game, even the old version you paid. It's always possible to crack the game, protections well worst have been passed, but I don't think this game could be so great to attract the attention of someone that will take time to crack each version.

hax

Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
he can still do that "offline" no? i mean each time someone pledges he add the key/email to the code and sends a donwload link...

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
My bet is that the executable will be decrypted online upon first run, while being marked with a hashed unique identifier of sorts (much like how many DRMs do it -or Avenger does it, albeit offline and less elaborate-), given he originally opted for online-only game but then backed out to a more sensible online-once approach.

As for him being one of the few that employ some form of DRM in his game, I'd hazard a guess that many more would do that if they were able.
But given the fact that 90% of the games are rushed RPG Maker (or RenPy) ones with generic models just aiming at a quick buck, most creators can't do it since the platform itself doesn't provide an out-of-the-box way.

I myself am more interested about whether it will be an actually decent game flowing on a sea of mediocrity rather whether I can get my hands on every interim release or not.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
so many are going to send emails so it doesn't get spread to the masses. :(

hax

Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Dark Silver
Yes, you will need to login at every launch (game will check patron status). After that you can play offline.

3.40 star(s) 107 Votes