PHANTOM44

Sep 6, 2018
In every game you have to say clearly two things, fetishes that aren't optional (but perhaps avoidable under certain conditions) and fetishes that are banned (those that won't happen in the game).

When you do not generate the upper and lower limit is when you have the problem. Everything optional? may god help us, what a boring thing, everything forced? why the hell am I playing when it doesn't matter what I want to do. In life you need a balance and design a system based on that.

The funniest thing that I have found in h games is how english h games treat "submissive content", things as weird as "choosing if the MC gets raped or not", the feeling is just weird, passable if you only focus on the h content to do your things, but a normal game at the very least would ask for a few stats to see if you can escape or not, for example a strength check to see if you can overpower the rapist. That's the part that we don't have in english games.
Yeah in B.B. male protagonist looks weak - is he really going to dominate/intimidate? he shares a room with his sibling from the get go ( how’s that for standing your ground) - the basic premise for some of these games seems to be very generic - how about sharing an apartment with some other college students / professionals? ( game would introduce different characters as people move in and out..) getting back to B.B. game seems disjointed - you might go days doing the same thing (saying the same thing) only to have one of the other characters do/say something out of the blue to open up another path in the story - it’s like waiting for the planets to align... as i said earlier i’ve been using a walkthrough to help - without a walkthrough it would be like parachuting blindfold into the amazon and having to find your way out.. the whole family thing is very big in these games ( I like the idea of patches that enable choice) - story I find is the most important thing - although disjointed B.B. ‘s central story is great it’s just the rest seems to be unnecessarily complicated ( just my opinion)

infomercial

Jun 11, 2017
Oh what a discussion, unfortunately I was getting into
Why was it a scam bud ( I thought he abandoned it because of new patreon policy ) not trying to be argumentative - just get wary when someone mentions scam
He had a lot of arguments with his patrons, for example he had added NTR content while the majority of his patrons voted against him, he didn't add watching cams function even though it was one of the top requests etc, and at the end he abandoned the game at the first chance. Now, I am all for creative freedom for developers and I despise pateron for their sudden policy changes. However when what you're co-developing the game with your followers and a good amount money is involved, stopping abruptly without a good excuse(health issues, cops etc) is immoral IMO. Just rename the game as Big Step-Brother and add a short, clear ending even without more content instead of letting it stay unfinished, won't you? :closedeyesmile:

Megatron71

Jul 3, 2017
My problem with Eric was that you could do absolutely nothing to stop him from advancinf on the entire family. There seemed to be no way to thwart him, of the things you could do they backfired.
DS could have forked the paths for those that liked to be submissive sissies and watch Eric dominate them and the family and those that wanted to either banish him the way they did or have the MC beat the snot out of him and kick him out. At the rate the story progressed, all the females would have been impreganted by Eric and the MC woulda been jerking in the halls the whole time...
Now my other gripe with the game was the very poor angles of the action during the actual sex scenes, this barely would qualify as an R rated, maybe NC17 at max... did DS not like showing the goods other than the MC's dick?
So really, he blew off the game and his patrons as far as I'm concerned, took the money and ran and as far as I can tell the Glamour story is crawling along at a snails pace...

Reactions: Corambis

PHANTOM44

Sep 6, 2018
Oh what a discussion, unfortunately I was getting into

He had a lot of arguments with his patrons, for example he had added NTR content while the majority of his patrons voted against him, he didn't add watching cams function even though it was one of the top requests etc, and at the end he abandoned the game at the first chance. Now, I am all for creative freedom for developers and I despise pateron for their sudden policy changes. However when what you're co-developing the game with your followers and a good amount money is involved, stopping abruptly without a good excuse(health issues, cops etc) is immoral IMO. Just rename the game as Big Step-Brother and add a short, clear ending even without more content instead of letting it stay unfinished, won't you? :closedeyesmile:
Yeah I agree bud - did he refund any money to his patrons? There are developers out there that only get paid on patreon per major upload ( not monthly like most) that seems more reasonable to me.As has already been stated in this thread ( I think) other developers found creative solutions to the policy changes that were implemented I would imagine that he could have done the same too.Maybe he just got fed up with the game ( if that was the case he should have returned patrons money) It is disappointing when developers abandon projects before completion not just because of the monetary loss ( players are essentially paying for a substandard product - with no recourse for compensation - say it took 6 months to develop that could be $60 dollars gone for half a game.. ) but also they have usually committed substantial amount of time actually playing the game. I don’t think that would fly in other industries - going to a movie an having it end abruptly 45 mins in... there would be a riot..I have been playing his game B.B. it’s quite frustrating ( even following the walkthrough suggested by Snugglepuff - he was right it’s a good walkthrough ) it’s the game that’s the problem ( been doing exactly the same thing for six game weeks - nothing.. ) as I said in an earlier post it’s like waiting for the planes to align.. thanks for the heads up bud

PHANTOM44

Sep 6, 2018
My problem with Eric was that you could do absolutely nothing to stop him from advancinf on the entire family. There seemed to be no way to thwart him, of the things you could do they backfired.
DS could have forked the paths for those that liked to be submissive sissies and watch Eric dominate them and the family and those that wanted to either banish him the way they did or have the MC beat the snot out of him and kick him out. At the rate the story progressed, all the females would have been impreganted by Eric and the MC woulda been jerking in the halls the whole time...
Now my other gripe with the game was the very poor angles of the action during the actual sex scenes, this barely would qualify as an R rated, maybe NC17 at max... did DS not like showing the goods other than the MC's dick?
So really, he blew off the game and his patrons as far as I'm concerned, took the money and ran and as far as I can tell the Glamour story is crawling along at a snails pace...
Yes in that respect the graphics/renders weren’t very good . As has been mentioned before there was no way the main protagonist could have physically dealt with the Eric character ( maybe DS could have had him lift weights or do martial arts instead of yoga - don’t know of too many young lads who opt for yoga ... ) there have been games where simplistic fight scenes were incorporated into this type of game before - instead main protagonist seemed to prefer shopping ( hands up all those who like to go shopping with their wives/girlfriends - and moreover who’s going to actually be stupid enough to say that they dislike the items of clothing she has picked? - sorry ladies but that’s a thing)

Reactions: Megatron71

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
Yes in that respect the graphics/renders weren’t very good . As has been mentioned before there was no way the main protagonist could have physically dealt with the Eric character ( maybe DS could have had him lift weights or do martial arts instead of yoga - don’t know of too many young lads who opt for yoga ... ) there have been games where simplistic fight scenes were incorporated into this type of game before - instead main protagonist seemed to prefer shopping ( hands up all those who like to go shopping with their wives/girlfriends - and moreover who’s going to actually be stupid enough to say that they dislike the items of clothing she has picked? - sorry ladies but that’s a thing)
More explicitness that didn't involve Eric's or Max's dicks would have been nice. Even sex scenes that better hinted at penetration instead of Max having his dick out, then suddenly with his body pressed against the woman's. Or just sex scenes that lasted longer than a few pictures and almost as little text.

I hated the shopping. The thing was, patrons begged for it for the longest time, or to go to the club with Alice. Somehow they didn't see that shopping would just be a complete diversion from any real progress in the game. I think that just about an entire update was wasted on DS creating the shopping trip. The dates with Lisa and the coffee shop stuff were likewise a bust. The doctor's office and Olivia's mom were better in my opinion through the appearance of the respective characters, but still a detour from the focus of the game.

Reactions: Megatron71

Megatron71

Jul 3, 2017
Yup. I was a patron at the time, all those polls about expanding I hated... I didn't feel it was necessary when there was plenty already going on at home that hadn't even been explored yet...
He never replied to my comment about explicitness either...

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
what does "cracked" and "skunked" version mean?
"Cracked" is typically for a game where its executable file (the file you click to run the game) has been altered to allow it to play (initially without the need for a disk) without an online connection.
For Big Brother, it was to get around the online connection, which was eventually dropped, but also to allow the game to be played with mods/cheat mods.

"Skunked" is a "local term" meaning it's a smaller overall size, in this case by reducing the resolution/quality of the pictures in the game, making for a smaller download (and storage) size.
The term itself was appropriately coined by the forum member Pepe Le Pew, who went through the time and effort to make the downloaded package smaller than just better compression of the compressed archive. Since that's the name of the Looney Tunes character who is a highly amorous skunk, it was "skunked" to make it smaller.

Reactions: PHANTOM44

PHANTOM44

Sep 6, 2018
"Cracked" is typically for a game where its executable file (the file you click to run the game) has been altered to allow it to play (initially without the need for a disk) without an online connection.
For Big Brother, it was to get around the online connection, which was eventually dropped, but also to allow the game to be played with mods/cheat mods.

"Skunked" is a "local term" meaning it's a smaller overall size, in this case by reducing the resolution/quality of the pictures in the game, making for a smaller download (and storage) size.
The term itself was appropriately coined by the forum member Pepe Le Pew, who went through the time and effort to make the downloaded package smaller than just better compression of the compressed archive. Since that's the name of the Looney Tunes character who is a highly amorous skunk, it was "skunked" to make it smaller.
Thanks for explaining bud

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
can someone else continue the BB instead of DS ?
There are a number of good mods for it that expand the story. Some of them are quite good. The main issue I always seem to have with them is that the main draw for me for this game was Anne and none of the mods I've tried seem to get her look right. Usually the face looks different and the facial expressions in particular look strange. No offense to the modders in question, I'm sure it's not easy getting those right and it may well just be personal preference but they just don't look right to me so I lose interest.

I suspect facial expressions are probably harder to get right than posing but have never actually tried to do it myself so I'm just guessing based on the games and mods that I"ve tried. I've noticed that it's much more common for a game to have good looking models and do a good job with posing while at the same time having facial expressions that just look wierd.

PHANTOM44

Sep 6, 2018
Do any of the mods help with the repetitive nature of the game ( I got stuck trying to trigger the watching tv part of the game ( with the aunt and mother )

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Do any of the mods help with the repetitive nature of the game ( I got stuck trying to trigger the watching tv part of the game ( with the aunt and mother )
Only with stats/skills.
Anything that's based on certain days/time just has to be done the old fashioned way.

Apollo86

Sep 9, 2018
I got a black screen at the beginning of the game immediately after starting. Anyone knows what that is about ?

3.40 star(s) 107 Votes