Big Brother Translator [v1.0 beta] [tefanga]

tefanga

Apr 30, 2018
Big Brother Translator
"Big Brother Translator" is a program for translating Big Brother in-game text in your prefered language conding game files with your translated file. (eg. byGoogleTranslator)
Simple as translating the file with Google Translator Toolkit and use that file in the App.
This app also fix some code errors Google Translator may commit.

Updated: 03.06.18
Game/Creator: by Dark Silver
Author: tefanga
App Version: 1.0 beta
Game Version: 0.13.0.007
Language: English

WARNING: Read the README file inside the app folder for instrucctions or the program may not work properly or not work at all. DO NOT EDIT ANY FILE

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Notes: I suggest editing the first 60 lines texts from "lines.txt" after translation. Google Translate may not translated them correctly.

This app was made for personal use, I decided to make it public, so its super basic.
Any modification would lead in application fail.

If you have doubts, write your concern here and I will help. If you are experiencing errors using the app, remember to write your error messege and attach your Log file in your post. (Log file its in application root folder)

bb translator.png

tefanga

Apr 30, 2018
It is this.
Google Translate Toolkit corrupts the translation with Thai.

Try this file with the BB - Translator and then comment if it works.

After creating the files, remember to edit the first 60 lines of "lines.txt" if you want a better translation.

Greetings

Reactions: koowara

koowara

Jun 26, 2018
Oh, I do, thank you very much.

Google Translate Toolkit corrupts the translation with Thai.

Try this file with the BB - Translator and then comment if it works.

After creating the files, remember to edit the first 60 lines of "lines.txt" if you want a better translation.

Greetings

Reactions: tefanga

unmi

Jul 15, 2018
I have the exact same issue with Romanian (Prompt about file not existing in the root folder). Could you help?

tefanga

Apr 30, 2018
I have the exact same issue with Romanian (Prompt about file not existing in the root folder). Could you help?
Pretty sure it is because google translate is editing the firsts lines of the texts on some lines.

I suggest to -> open the translated file (translate.txt) and read line per line, one by one(it's easy, few errors for sure, only scroll down with mouse the faster you can trying to see the error), you must need to check the follow: on every line, at the beggining it should say: [keep.text] if it is missing.... add it on the beggining of the line.

Here it is an example of what you can find, and after the example how you should solve it.

[keep.text] romanian text line 1
[keep.text] romanian text line 2
[kp.text] romanian text line 3
Romanian text line 4
[kep.tt] romanian text line 5
[ romanian text line 6
[Keep.text] romanian text line 7

As you can see on the example we have 5 errors (line 3/4/5/6/7) that must be fixed to work. Line 1/2 its OK, line 3/5/7 has errors of syntax, line 4 its totally missing the [keep.text] sign and line 6 its missing the rest of the keep.text]..

Corrected file example:
[keep.text] romanian text line 1
[keep.text] romanian text line 2
[keep.text] romanian text line 3
[keep.text] romanian text line 4
[keep.text] romanian text line 5
[keep.text] romanian text line 6
[keep.text] romanian text line 7

It may seem hard work but for sure the whole txt file dosn't have more than 20 errors. So its just to open the file and scroll down fast with the mouse till you see the difference, now try the app, if same error is poping up, try again, you missed a syntax error; re-open the file and check it again.

Inform if you could solve it, thanks.

P.d: some tips:
You should use the "replace" option of the notepad to fix the repetitive errors.
You may find that [kp.text] its more than once... (or others errors) So using replace option should save you some work...

unmi

Jul 15, 2018
Thanks for such quick reply.
You were absolutely right! Google translate introduced lots and lots of these errors, at least hundreds. I went for pre-filtering and reconstructing the file in a spreadsheet in the end.

If anyone encounters the same problem and you have more than a few errors, this is what i did:
1. in notepad, replace all [keep.text] with nothing
2. copy the entire file in a spreadsheet in column B of any sheet (google or excel)
3. fill column A with [keep.text]
4. in cell C1, use the formula =CONCATENATE(A1,B1), then fill it down to the bottom (double click on the lower-right corner of the cell does it faster).
5. copy column C in a new text file, name it to translate.txt and done.

Thanks so much for the idea, I originally thought it was the encoding or something.

Reactions: Chokch and tefanga

tefanga

Apr 30, 2018
Thanks for such quick reply.
You were absolutely right! Google translate introduced lots and lots of these errors, at least hundreds. I went for pre-filtering and reconstructing the file in a spreadsheet in the end.

If anyone encounters the same problem and you have more than a few errors, this is what i did:
1. in notepad, replace all [keep.text] with nothing
2. copy the entire file in a spreadsheet in column B of any sheet (google or excel)
3. fill column A with [keep.text]
4. in cell C1, use the formula =CONCATENATE(A1,B1), then fill it down to the bottom (double click on the lower-right corner of the cell does it faster).
5. copy column C in a new text file, name it to translate.txt and done.

Thanks so much for the idea, I originally thought it was the encoding or something.
Other easy possible solution (I didn't try it)
it is to before doing the translation use the replace from notepas and replace all the [keep.text] signs with other random thing that google wont edit... Try for example 3 "@" or 5 "&" etc... Then translate it... After translation done... Open the translated file, now replace the "@" or the "&" or whatever you used with [keep.text] and try it now on the app.

lyasther

Jan 27, 2018
Can you help me?
when the toolkit no longer generates with "[keep.txt]", could upload the files "translate.txt", I will attach 1 for you to see how it was.
I'm waiting

tefanga

Apr 30, 2018
the problem is that google translate toolkit, is generating the file so, like being in the attachment, then I do not know what to do
Still I'm guessing what are you trying to say...
The file you attached is wrong.
You need to upload to google translate the given one in the app. Then you should get a copy with keep.text.
Whats thr language yoy are trying to translate to?

Reactions: lyasther

lyasther

Jan 27, 2018
Português Brasil
Eu entendo, porque eu sou um incitador nas coisas, então meu problema é que eu não estou sendo salvo como salvo com "keep.text".

tefanga

Apr 30, 2018
Português Brasil
Eu entendo, porque eu sou um incitador nas coisas, então meu problema é que eu não estou sendo salvo como salvo com "keep.text".
English or spanish...

I don't know what you did to that translate.txt file...

1º grab the given "translate.txt" file
2º upload to google toolkit ->
3º download the translated "translate.txt" file
4º if file isn't working, probably it has been corrupted. To solve this... simple, scroll in the "translate.txt" file and look for any missing [keep.text]. It should be before a written line, if it is missing, add it. (while doing this in notepad, desactivate "Word Wrap" option in "Format" tab.)
5º paste "translate.txt" file in app root folder and execute the app, it should work fine now.

stuntmandu27

Jan 13, 2018
bonjour
Peut ton traduire les mods avec ?

Hello
Can on translate the mods with?