Mod Big Brother Mod Editor [v0.9.5.1 beta] [Vikar73]

Is BBME a useful tool?

• Nope, Notepad rulez!

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • It would be good to have a specialized editor, but not a one like BBME...

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • BBME could be useful, but only after additional development.

Votes: 41 20.7%
  • Yea, that's a good tool!

Votes: 117 59.1%

• Total voters

Andreyazx

Mar 21, 2018
Your program does not work correctly.
After starting the BigBrotherEditor.exe file and selecting the directory with the game files, nothing happens.

Vikar73

Feb 16, 2018
Your program does not work correctly.
After starting the BigBrotherEditor.exe file and selecting the directory with the game files, nothing happens.
Thanks for a bug report, I hope, I'll be able to fix it in no time after you give me some additional information.
Could you, please, send me a screenshot of "nothing happens" and answer several questions:
  1. I assume, you've tried latest version (0.9.3), right?
  2. Did you download setup or zipped version?
  3. What is your Windows version?
  4. Does this situation repeats every time you trying to launch BigBrotherEditor.exe?

Andreyazx

Mar 21, 2018
1. I tried latest version (0.9.3).
2. I download setup and zipped version. I tried to use both versions.
3. I'm using Windows 10 Pro.
4. Yes.

After the BigBrotherEditor.exe file is launched, the window for selecting the folder with the game opens. After clicking OK, everything closes and nothing else happens.

When uninstall the program, errors appear.

Reactions: Vikar73

tefanga

Apr 30, 2018
First of all...Hey thanks for this mod editor...
Second.. I got stuck in the game..I think its might be a bug for cheating...(cheated an item..handcuffs), so I used them on Lisa without even having the convesation with Kira about them to get them...There is any way? I can edit/add on mod or other way... the possibility of "deleting" an item from by inventory? I would like to delete the handcuff and try again... to check if I can get out of this bug... by anychance..(dont understand much how it works...) thanks in advance.

Vikar73

Feb 16, 2018
1. I tried latest version (0.9.3).
2. I download setup and zipped version. I tried to use both versions.
3. I'm using Windows 10 Pro.
4. Yes.

After the BigBrotherEditor.exe file is launched, the window for selecting the folder with the game opens. After clicking OK, everything closes and nothing else happens.

When uninstall the program, errors appear.
Installed
selected folder BB
Does not start
View attachment 93835
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to reproduce this errors on 3 different PCs, so I still have no idea about what may cause them. :(
However, I added logging feature to BBME, so now it should generate file "bbme_log.txt" in working folder, that will contain BBME working log and all error messages.
log.JPG
I would be grateful, if you'll try to execute an attached version and then send me this file.

P.S. Also you could try to run BBME as Administrator - please let me know if it will help.

Reactions: Drussler

Vikar73

Feb 16, 2018
First of all...Hey thanks for this mod editor...
Second.. I got stuck in the game..I think its might be a bug for cheating...(cheated an item..handcuffs), so I used them on Lisa without even having the convesation with Kira about them to get them...There is any way? I can edit/add on mod or other way... the possibility of "deleting" an item from by inventory? I would like to delete the handcuff and try again... to check if I can get out of this bug... by anychance..(dont understand much how it works...) thanks in advance.
Hancuffs usage is mainly a part of original game, so there could be some logic not described in open data files. However, I could recommend you try to use and
a) remove handcuffs from inventory (set ingame variable "item.hc" to -4)
b) revert "Mentor" opportunity progress (ingame variable "poss.sed") to value, corresponding your real progress - you can see possible values in lines.txt - since it was probably updated on first handcuffs use.
c) reset other handcuffs-related ingame variables ("hcbuy", "lihc", "liza.thc") to 0.

Or you could try to ask some more experienced users here, for example in topic...

Reactions: tefanga

tefanga

Apr 30, 2018
Hancuffs usage is mainly a part of original game (except 2 events from "Lisa's Photo-Session & More" mod), so there could be some logic not described in open data files. However, I could recommend you try to use and
a) remove handcuffs from inventory (set ingame variable "item.hc" to -4)
b) revert "Mentor" opportunity progress (ingame variable "poss.sed") to value, corresponding your real progress - you can see possible values in lines.txt - since it was probably updated on first handcuffs use.
c) reset other handcuffs-related ingame variables ("hcbuy", "lihc", "liza.thc") to 0.

Or you could try to ask some more experienced users here, for example in topic...
Thanks for answering... well I did found the save editor. Some minutes ago...I did the edition... like you said already; for now...I have too see if everything goes good or no..I removed hc.
Thanks for answering. Greetings

Andreyazx

Mar 21, 2018
I would be grateful, if you'll try to execute an attached version and then send me this file.

P.S. Also you could try to run BBME as Administrator - please let me know if it will help.[/QUOTE]\

The problem is that your program does not handle the file mod.txt correctly.
I tried 7 different mod.txt files and the problem for all is the same.
Without the mod.txt file, the program is started.

Vikar73

Feb 16, 2018
Thanks for attached files!
Seems like the problem is in that line:
Code:
*<color=lime>Райское настроение!</color> mom.mood<450&alisa.mood<450&liza.mood<450&cheatmenu.galin.girls!set_mom.mood_450!set_alisa.mood_450!set_liza.mood_450^ <color=lime>Райское настроение!</color>
For me, it looks like an obvious syntax error (describing text placed before conditions), but if game engine eats it, I'll try to make something with it too. In any case, that's my fault that BBME crashed without any message...

Andreyazx

Mar 21, 2018
Yes, if you delete these three lines from a mod.txt file, the program starts working.
*<color=lime>Райское настроение!</color> mom.mood<450&alisa.mood<450&liza.mood<450&cheatmenu.galin.girls!set_mom.mood_450!set_alisa.mood_450!set_liza.mood_450^ <color=lime>Райское настроение!</color>

Thanks for the help.

Andreyazx

Mar 21, 2018
When choosing: tools / check images links... receive the following error.

How to fix this error?

bb.txt - information

Randallll

May 5, 2018
In my humble opinion, the "about" menu would be useful.
You know, version numbers, maybe other info like this note about location of files.

you can also think about automatic translation by google translate api

Vikar73

Feb 16, 2018
you can also think about automatic translation by google translate api
Tried to add translation (only to russian yet) - using Google Translate, Yandex Translate and Microsoft Translator. Need to be online, of course... But what about quality of translation - well, you know how it works... :)
translate.JPG

Reactions: Drussler