Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018

Big Brother - Improvements Mod

Updated: August 22nd
Game/Creator: /
Modder:
Game Version: 0.13.7

First, I would like to point out that this isn't a cheat mod. This mod removes a lot of the grinding and RNG from the game to make it more fair and less tedious. It allows for a normal playthrough without cheating but makes the game easier so you don't waste time or miss out on things due to unlucky RNG. There's still more changes that I'm planning to add to the mod when I have time.

Features:
  • The stat increases from peeping on the girls in the morning while they shower is no longer decided by RNG. You now always get +1 Stealth and +1 Persuasion when you peep.
  • If the mom catches you while you are peeping in the morning you don't lose influence anymore and don't get punished.
  • A hint has been added to show where Alice hides her cigarettes in her room.
  • Persuading Lisa that her homework is correct after you purposefully make a mistake will always succeed.
  • If you hide a spider in Alice's bed at midnight she will now always see the spider and ask you to kill it instead of only seeing it sometimes.
  • Alice always gives you $10 to kill a spider if you ask for money. (her mood still decreases)
  • A few grammar and punctuation mistakes were corrected.

Installation:
Just unzip the mod and put the "Data" folder from the mod in your Big Brother folder.

Download:

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
Thanks!
Maybe it's time to play the last version...
Is the mod compatible with the various existing cheat mods?

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Thanks!
Maybe it's time to play the last version...
Is the mod compatible with the various existing cheat mods?
Hm.. I'm not really sure. My mod replaces 3 of the games files, and as long as another mod doesn't replace those it should be compatible. I'm pretty sure at least one of the cheat mods is compatible but I forget which one it was.

Trickster777

Oct 22, 2018
Has this been broken or something? I copied the files across but it doesn't seem to work. Things I have tried and don't work are: Spider - not 100%, Caught peeping - still got punished, Searching for cigs - no hint shown.

Edit:
Ah now i see the help for the cigs, it seems they sometimes just ain't there, also this time I didn't get punished for getting caught...

Last edited:

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Has this been broken or something? I copied the files across but it doesn't seem to work. Things I have tried and don't work are: Spider - not 100%, Caught peeping - still got punished, Searching for cigs - no hint shown.

Edit:
Ah now i see the help for the cigs, it seems they sometimes just ain't there, also this time I didn't get punished for getting caught...
It works. The cigarettes are only in her room is she gets caught and the spider will only be 100% if you place it at midnight.

Aurelio1

Dec 30, 2018
  • Alice always gives you $10 to kill a spider if you ask for money. (her mood still decreases)

Doesn't seems to work for me. Also no matter how often I load the savestate the result is the same.
Saved at 00:00, hide the spider, slept, Alice ran into my room and I asked for 10$ to kill the spider with a 45% chance of succeeding (apparently not). Did that 10 times. Also I have 'Good' Mood and 'Low' authority (It's only day 5).

I'm only using this mod, since this is my first time playing BB and the features of this mod seemed a nice addition the the base game.

Aurelio1

Dec 30, 2018
There's still more changes that I'm planning to add to the mod when I have time.
So I'm guessing since that was exactly 1 year ago, the mod gonna stay as is, therefore I can't expect a fix or atleast any wise words regarding my problem, right? (Even though this may sound whiny, it's not supposed to :sneaky: )
Just wanna know so I don't expect a solution if there isn't gonna be one.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
So I'm guessing since that was exactly 1 year ago, the mod gonna stay as is, therefore I can't expect a fix or atleast any wise words regarding my problem, right? (Even though this may sound whiny, it's not supposed to :sneaky: )
Just wanna know so I don't expect a solution if there isn't gonna be one.
I guess I must have forgotten to put the file into the mod that had the spider change. I don't think I have the files anymore. :(

Aurelio1

Dec 30, 2018
I guess I must have forgotten to put the file into the mod that had the spider change. I don't think I have the files anymore. :(
Ah rip. Well thanks anyways for the quick answer. Atleast the first three features work, which are helpful. (Not saying the rest does not work, just that you can't be sure if you succeeded because of pure RNG or because of the mod)