Big Brother Torrid affairs pre-release discussion [locked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Looks great but every 15 mins, I've had dumps that lasted longer than that
That was just my default "testing" skip, for the schedules. They will eventually have 15-min intervals for "doing something new", potentially. At the moment, they just do everything for half-hour blocks.

Plus, certain dialogue actions will consume about 15 minutes. Things like walking to town-locations consume 15-minutes too. (Again, that is a generic value, at the moment.)

I could have been cruel and made it 1-minute! :p

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Slight delay. Lost internet, cable and phone today. Have to move the project to my tablet and upload it from McDonald's. :p

Will be up and running 100% when we get to the apartment in a few days.

Added the stats to the debug overlay, temporarily. Testing to see if they work in rollbacks now.

Reactions: Born2game and Xaos

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
At McDonald's now. Having trouble getting mega site to work. Going to try my friends house tomorrow. He has fiberoptic internet. Actual fiber optics, not just to a callbox at the end of the Street. :p

Also, the code is being looked at, for potential correctness of use. Hopefully this will help my roll back issue too...

Reactions: Xaos

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Real close to getting settled-in, bare with me for a few more days.

I apologize for the delays, but I had an offer, from a fan, to assist with reviewing my code. He thinks he can identify my issues and has offered to assist me with "how to do it better", or correctly... :p

If this goes well, I should be able to get the events started and finish the introductions a little faster too. I'll give him due credit, when I can go back and double-check my messages. My phone is so limited on this connection.

rhev

Apr 29, 2017
Looks great but every 15 mins, I've had dumps that lasted longer than that
Legit? Stop taking your phone into the dumper with you, that should fix it. :D

Real close to getting settled-in, bare with me for a few more days.
I always chuckle when I see people misuse "bare" instead of "bear". Because to "bear" something means to tolerate or go along with something, usually cumbersome. So i can't help but smile thinking that the way N&N phrased it is that he's asking me to get naked with him. Heh.

(had to edit because I realized that somehow the end of my post got cut off this morning and now I dont' remember what I wrote 13 hours ago. QQ)

Last edited:

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Maybe he's just a nudist, ok?!

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
I'm afraid of bears, but I don't mind being bare... bare with me!

Clowns are another thing I am afraid of... but there is no other spelling for that sound. Well, unless you spell it, "khloune".

I usually don't get that mixed-up. However, phones don't seem to think that "bear" is a word used in context. Though, I am honestly not sure if that was my phone's fault, or just a subconscious fingering mistake. I hate when I finger the wrong things.

Quick life-update:

Just waiting on the apartment manager to get hold of us, to let us know the apartment is acceptable for living in. It was, but barely. Apparently, they hold us accountable for all sorts of issues in the lease, but have not even met the obligations within the lease "to us". (Things like water damage, screens falling out, unkept air-systems and general device failures. The smoke alarm doesn't even work. We should-have moved-in and died in a fire there... that would have showed them!)

Seriously though. I should be moved-in, within a few days. The insurance policy should also be settled-out in the following few weeks. Thus, I will have 100% of my time available, for a while, to spend creating the rest of this story.

I tried the old system with the menu-selections and the stats. However, RenPy seems to remember those values, too well. Rolling-back and then forward, selecting the same option or a new one, will stack the points. :p

I have to try another hack to stop that. But the only help I have access to, offline, is RenPy's built-in help-files, which are outdated and for the older formats of code. Until I can slip-away from "sitting", or find a place near-by, where I can sit and work online, I am still stuck creating the linear introduction. (Not a major issue if the ability to select things is not there, for now.)

The only example I can give, for the introduction selections is the following.

In the beginning, when you are about to enter the house, after realizing that Eric is home. You are given the chance to enter the house in four ways...
1: Through your window. (Gives one logic point) {intelligent and anticipated}
2: Through the back door. (Gives one sneak point) {stealth and coward}
3: Through the front door. (Gives one risk point) {chance and bravery}
4: Blaze of glory. Walk-in like a man. (Gives one dominance point) {control and bravery}

No matter which you choose, you get caught, in this instance. In later instances, beyond the introduction, the outcomes of choices will be more responsive. Either in the selections made, or by the results of the outcomes, from the selections made. There is no real failures, only hurdles along the path forward.

Dec 8, 2017
Hi there!

You have quite the intriguing and promising project here. I'm relieved there's a writer that isn't afraid of the incest fetish at the helm this time.

A couple questions/concerns:
1. Will you have a full release before you strip all of the BB assets?(a conversion release, if you will)
2. I may have missed this reading through the backlog, but will the relations mod be delayed from a full release?

Thanks for your work.

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Questions/concerns:
1. Will you have a full release before you strip all of the BB assets?(a conversion release, if you will)
2. I may have missed this reading through the backlog, but will the relations mod be delayed from a full release?

Thanks for your work.
BB assets will be used, until they can be replaced. I am replacing them from the beginning, forward. So it will eventually catch-up with the creation process. No, I have no intentions of using his art long-term. It is just too inconsistent in quality and style. Plus, I think he is updating some of it. (Thus, the inconsistency.)

The relations version will most-likely be provided by third-party creation. The new area which updates games with the lewdness. (Due to Patreon's restrictions, it will not be "provided" by me.)

Reactions: Xaos

JohnSmift

Jul 20, 2017
I really hope you stick with this and aren't in it solely for the money - because a bit of warning: it'll take months before the game really hits traction, especially considering how it a) doesn't appear in the 'latest updates' page and b) hasn't hit an initial release.

Reactions: NoesisAndNoema

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
I really hope you stick with this and aren't in it solely for the money - because a bit of warning: it'll take months before the game really hits traction, especially considering how it a) doesn't appear in the 'latest updates' page and b) hasn't hit an initial release.
I am currently, and for an unforeseeable future, funding this out of my own pocket. I think I mentioned that here, but I don't honestly remember. I know that I mentioned it in the hardware and technology section. (Describing my "future rig", funded from the recent loss of my mother. She left us, four kids, a decent sum of funds. Still pending collection, at the moment.)

I have already gotten a great reply from others interested in assisting development, so to that, I imagine that things should roll-out at a decent pace. This is the hardest part, for me, at the moment. I am a little pressured for time and bound-up in red-tape at the moment. Still, I expect to thrive.

I do a LOT of pre-development on paper, which is 1000% faster than attempting to hammer-out code and text on a blank-page in a program. I have managed to tackle about 90% of the unforeseen issues, so far. Luckily. Where I can not manage to tackle them, I simply adapt with a new path around the issue. I am trying my hardest, not to disappoint those who follow me.

Steel Ocean

Jul 11, 2017
I am with you man. Unfortunately I don't have to much time to make a posts or reply's, but I read all time to time.

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Still no ETA for the next version?
I am reviewing code that a fan submitted. He does awesome coding... Way above my level, in Python. Plus, prior to his submission, I have rewritten a lot for the next release.

Rollbacks should no-no be an issue and stats are working perfectly.

Tonight I will set myself a stopping point and try to wrap-up a better release.

We are trying to move a house worth of furniture into a tiny apartment... So, again I ask for two or three days to get it wrapped-up and uploaded. (Here, not for patron yet... Except those who are expecting it.)

icakicak

Jun 21, 2017
Whatever you do in real life, you must finished that before continue to develop this game. Because, when you satisfy with your real life condition, you can bring us a satisfying product.

And, just a suggestion, maybe you can develop the game with "patch update", not entire game in every update. So, we can download the patch, rather than entire game. Of course, sometime you will change the code that can be a huge improvement and game can't be patch. In this case, I don't mind to download entire game.

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
When I get past the introduction part and have a solid foundation for the core, it should be just simple updates. I am looking into a server host option, which is a requirement for renpy updates to run. He has no self-update ability... But, if done right, it doesn't need one. (Which is also what I am trying to learn, to make updates easy for everyone.)

Reactions: Katgza
Status
Not open for further replies.