Big Brother Torrid affairs pre-release discussion [locked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Windows Version. I went through about 4 days of 15 minute jumps and random room changing based on who was in what room. Seems solid.

**EDIT**One little detail, not really huge, is when you go to the clothing store, and no one is supposed to be there, the image you are using for the button and the location itself is of Ann, Alice and Lisa shopping. Not sure if that was a placeholder or not.
Yes, I couldn't edit them out... :p

I have the shop model, I have just not re-rendered it yet. (In the works. Actually, you don't get to go there until a waaay later event. The introduction holds the beginnings of the first week of actions. After that week, it is about another three, before that opens-up. The town area, for places to select.)

I did manage to edit them out of the individual screens. (You can't see those unless you unpack the images though.)

Is the flip-flopping of dialogue too... um... far apart?

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
time to test and see if its great or shit :)

(as its based on BB, igood luck for turn into shit hahaha, i bet its great.. lets try )

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
ok here my opinion

(its super short, but its just a demo-concept)

- story sound interresting, very different from BB. and i must say, its kind of more appreciate erik. but hey ! WE play the NTR muhahaha (yeah fuck erik yo !)

- good point to have possibility to choose name for everybody, i like this in games

- the interface is... (i'll be honest) ... shit. honestly, i would like prefer an bigger scene/event screen and a more smaller "button" to the right. also (i dont know if its possible) the text box is weird, i like the idea of the cloud with text in it, and i think it will be awesome to just put the cloud-text on the scene/event by making the down bar invisible (hope you understand what i mean)

- the text is small when you have to make a choice (like sleep or wait 15 min) maybe its just me and my pc, but its too small imho , a bit larger will be better

- art is good (well mostly original art from BB)

well, i guess thats all from me. the game/mod sound ambitious and for now, it go on right path. i just not like the UI (scene/event should be way more larger and buttons should be more smaller) . the story sound pretty nice and catch me directly... (for some reason :p )

keep up , its great job here for now.

Reactions: NoesisAndNoema

SDaddy666

May 5, 2017
ooh didn't see there's a link, 'ill try it this weekend i think, just after the new bb update

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
ok here my opinion
...(its super short, but its just a demo-concept)...
keep up , its great job here for now.
First, thanks for the input. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Did you use the windows version?

Shortness, Yes, I promised a release in a few days. Here it is... But not intended for playing. Release for function and pre-release input.

Name-selection... That was a "must have", in my opinion. (I may change the default names when I start using my own characters.)

Screen-size: That will seem less important in time. However, that format is not going to change much, if at all. It will be taken advantage of later-on, more... Besides, it lowers file-volume by nearly 50% alone. Image is only 80% of the original size. In most cases, 100% of the original content is still seen.

Button-size: I can, and may, go slightly smaller, but not much more. There needs to be room to hold up to 8 people in the button, info on how much time will be lost to travel there, for town locations. Plus a few other identifiable game elements, by each location. (If RenPy could handle active slide-out consoles, I would hide it. Then, I might be able to bump-up the width of the scenes. But you would just see more background not more actual focal content.)

Text is small on selections: Agreed. I will bump it up a size or two, or try to make it more clear. That was a mid-way tweak, just to make it readable for me, while testing. (The game is intended to be played "Full-Screen", not just maximized. I think RenPy defaults to windowed and about 80% of actual size. If it was not actually "Full-screen", everything will seem abnormally smaller than desired. Also, if not playing on a 1080p screen, it will shrink the game. 98%, by statistics, have 1080p or higher resolutions.)

Art: Meh... It's acceptable. :p

Reactions: Lenor

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Also, on a side-note...

Lisa's introduction will not be at the pool, in the future. The schedules currently used, are to simulate the original schedules which were in "Big Brother". Only intended for testing the schedule-system. There will not be any pool-side events until the end of the first month, when I am done. (That is part of the game-progression.)

Now that I know it works, at-least on others PC's, I will push harder for completing the introduction. ASAP. Give me about another few days, and I can get another formal, and real, pre-release "game", as opposed to a tech-demo.

I will also add-in a few events to play with, in the free-roaming mode. Those will still be a "test".

P.S. Facial expressions WILL NOT BE THE SAME... Mine will make sense. :p

Last edited:

Born2game

Jun 28, 2017
Tried it out.

Ran the Windows version. Fullscreen and windowed.

Interface - maybe shrink the buttons just a bit. Feels like its taking more space than necessary.

Love the naming everyone anything I want

Over all I like how it plays. I'll wait on the proper intro and first events to comment on that.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
oh, yes i played windows on full sreen. ( i didnt have make careful they were others versions XD )

oh and btw, iforget to add... i very love the humour on it. really. at the beginning, sis and Mc wit their talking

"what is this face ?"
" its face like when i clean my teeth"
" itsh ik ish"

XD

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Will work on squishing the buttons for the real release. I can use that top section for a mini-map, maybe... or the stats.

I do think that I want to "center" and tighten the dialogue with a bit more overlap too. It was wide, originally, due to trying to keep the character icons in a fixed-location. When a question is asked, it consumes the full width of that area, if there is "someone" asking a question, and not just a blank-narrator posing a question. (That was GUI stuff that could wait, at the moment. But now, in the into, I see it as more "need to fix now".)

Reactions: Born2game

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Last post, before I have to go wake the kid and rush him off to day-care and myself off to work...

Just finished adding the code which swaps schedules, so now I can have multiple pre-defined base-schedules for each of the primary characters. (At the moment, I was just manually replacing values, which is not good to do. You don't know what they originally were, unless you also manually track them.)

Thus...
1: They will now be programmed for the matching "introduction". After the introduction, in free-roaming mode, that will be replaced with the "normal" starting schedule.
2: I can program the "weekend" schedules for the various levels. The switching handled by the time of day and day of week, so it doesn't have to be force-fed a switch.
3: The instance-switching, controlled by your progression with each individual character, can now be automatic. Thus, when your interactions, or Alice's get her fired, her new schedule will instantly change, appropriately. Same when Lisa goes to summer-school, or graduates, or has tutoring... etc...
4: When roll-backs function correctly... This should ensure that they continue to function as intended. Loading the correct progression or time-adjusted schedules.
5: It will make it easy for me, and any modders, to alter the schedules, safely and without much eye-straining or mind-bending going on.

So, that will also be observable in the next upload/update.

P.S. Still waiting on someone to chime-in on the Mac and Linux versions. I am just curious to know if they even function.

Reactions: Born2game and Xaos

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Everything seems to work well as a proof of concept with no errors or anything.

Nice to see the characters with actual personalities and plot written in non broken engrish.

Look forward to when there is actual content(and obviously the stuff to make them related because random foreign exchange students is silly obviously)

Reactions: Born2game

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
... because random foreign exchange students is silly obviously)
That will make more sense in the upcoming updates. They are not random...

Quick info on that:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In the "relationship mod", the story changes a little... Obviously.

Last edited:
Reactions: Born2game and Xaos

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
on windows 7 64 (win 10 the devils work,lol) seems good played until the end screen.now get busy(please):heartcoveredeyes:

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
@NoesisAndNoema you convinced me ,i can only add my admiration with a donation.as i said you get busy.eric has two ways both where dropped in bb and as a patron of yours please give lisa some love
You, sir, have earned some loving for Lisa...

Also, a big thanks for your contribution.

I just finished a few of the requests which were offered in some of the posts above.
1: The text is now slightly larger, all around. (I am looking for a better font replacement.)
2: The choices are slightly more clear to read, before hovering over them. (Originally, I just expected people to hover over them, to make them more clear.)
3: The dialogue bubbles are now centered. (Less flip-flopping, back and forth. Also, face expressions are closer too.)
4: Extended the introduction a lot more. (Including some clarity, rewording, reformatting of the previous release. Some lines, with the larger font, needed adjustment.)
5: Text in the bubbles will now fill from the center/middle alignment, but remain justified. (Previously they were filling top-down, leaving odd voids below, for single spoken lines.)
6: Yay, there are stats... Boo, you can't see them yet and they don't actually do anything. :p
7: I added a few in-line choices to the introduction, giving you some sense of variation. Unfortunately, since the stats don't do anything, it is a falsehood. (At the moment... Working to make them functional.)

Potential created issues...
1: Questions can't be asked, at the moment, by any character. (Moving the characters dialogue bubbles to the center, kind-of broke the formatting for them to ask a question. The bubble remains in the center, hidden under the choices you can select. Fixing that later... They don't ask questions in the introduction and I can just use the narrator-box instead.)
2: New format for dialogue-bubbles, has left me without "knowing", if all text will fit. RenPy has some issues with maintaining correct set "sizes" (widths) of text, inside dual-floating center-alignments, while using "justified" formats.

So... Back to work...

I will try to push this next version out by morning, or late afternoon.

Reactions: Born2game and Lenor

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
I just want to add... For what it is worth...

The other day, just after I setup the links to the files, I immediately went to SVScomics and tried to setup a page for myself. I got that far, but not much further. Seems that they only let you post content if you have file-links to the three hosts that they want you to use.

Slightly heart-broken that I couldn't post my ghetto-release, I left, thinking that I might try to setup logins for those file-hosts later-on.

One hour later, I get a PM from someone who "saw my game on another site", and came to follow me, make a donation, and send me some additional kind words. To my surprise, the site he came from was SVScomics! Sure-enough, there was my game, kindly posted by "Alexx". (Props man! You earned any money you get from those downloads. You are faster than fucking lightning!)

What I actually thought was cool, was not any of that up above... (Oh, that was cool too.) I looked, a few hours later, and I was already up to 6,000+ downloads. Sitting right next to some games/novels which have kick-ass artwork, but admittedly some are in (Jap) only text, which still have only about 300-900 downloads. (Mini-Rant... They really need an option to select English, or Jap, or uncensored, or whatever languages/settings you want... so those don't flood the pages. Hell, some are ancient games no-one wanted the first ten years they were made!)

Any-who... I just found that little tid-bit of information cool.

Conclusion, sex sells and rape makes it sell quicker. Well... no-one pays for rape, unless you are in prison, or a third-world country... You get what I was saying. :p

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I was just giving those two examples, of the paths "with" Eric...
Anyway it's a Ren'py game, they are the easiest to mod. So even if you don't do it, someone will do it for you ;)

[side note: I took a first look a the code, and started thinking about it.]

Status
Not open for further replies.