3D-Daz Big Brother: Art Assets

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
The fact that you have an "Aiko 8" slider implies that at least that morph is installed. I usually let the Daz Install Manager (DIM) do my installations - download the IM000XXXXXXX.zip files, put them in the folder that DIM normally downloads into (which you can find in the DIM settings, through the "gear" button), and then run DIM in "offline" mode. It then takes care of putting everything where it belongs.

Gomeron

May 29, 2017
The fact that you have an "Aiko 8" slider implies that at least that morph is installed. I usually let the Daz Install Manager (DIM) do my installations - download the IM000XXXXXXX.zip files, put them in the folder that DIM normally downloads into (which you can find in the DIM settings, through the "gear" button), and then run DIM in "offline" mode. It then takes care of putting everything where it belongs.
Already figured out, it was necessary to create a separate folder and specify it in the content manager
i created at g folder and everything is working fine.
and thanks for the answer.

Mickaveli

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
Hey guys so I have something maybe you guys can help with... I've some pose packs that use the gen3 female genitalia but can't for the life of me work out how to get the materials to match up to Ann, all I get is a white patch where her gens should be, I can of course apply other models mats but nothing matches, is there something simple I'm missing? I'm stuck :S
also if I try to apply cum effects to the body, gens go white
Thank you in advance :)

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
This often happens when you apply multiple geoshells. Or use Material that haven't Materials for the shell/surface of the gens. I can only speak for the NewGens for Genesis 8 but with those, you have to apply the Materials of the skin beforehand. Whenn you apply the gens, they will use the proper shader preset then.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
With some of the non-Daz gens, that's correct. With the Daz gens, the character usually, but not always, includes a texture for the gens. If the character _doesn't_ include one, then you're better off using NGV8 or Golden Palace.

Reactions: Mickaveli

CJ0

May 31, 2017
Hey guys so I have something maybe you guys can help with... I've some pose packs that use the gen3 female genitalia but can't for the life of me work out how to get the materials to match up to Ann, all I get is a white patch where her gens should be, I can of course apply other models mats but nothing matches, is there something simple I'm missing? I'm stuck :S
Try to use genital maps of Cathy HD for Victoria 7 product. Make sure you use the same UV Set surfaces.

WBWB

Jul 8, 2017
Anyone else frustrated by renders having poke-through that the Iray preview did not have? How am I supposed to fine-tune things like this if the preview isn't 100% exactly the same as the final render?

Kravenar Games

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2017
A good soul that wants to export the alice actor file? The Eliya\Imogen mix doesn't look like her at all.

bubbas

Apr 26, 2017
As people have already said some figures have separate textures for the gen3 female genitalia prop. In this case all you have is to apply the provided material and you are set. If your figure does not have separate textures you can use the torso texture by changing the UVs. Check this out:

It can be used for Gen3 and Gen8 female genitalia.

Genitalia 01.png Genitalia 02.png Genitalia 03.png Genitalia 04.png

Reactions: CJ0 and Mickaveli

CJ0

May 31, 2017
Anyone else frustrated by renders having poke-through that the Iray preview did not have? How am I supposed to fine-tune things like this if the preview isn't 100% exactly the same as the final render?
Probably from different settings of SubDivision Level and Render SubD Level.

WBWB

Jul 8, 2017
Try 100% Victoria 7 morph and Imogen textures (or the custom textures in this thread, which are based on Imogen).

Alice test.png

Reactions: MalchorX

WBWB

Jul 8, 2017
The "Recipes"

I suggest using celtic1138's custom textures (look on bubbas' Mega site), especially for Max.

Alice: Victoria 7 with Imogen texture, Jennifer hair
Ann: Caitlin (add some voluptuous, or I prefer to substitute Paloma body) with Cathy HD texture, Brady hair
Eric: Makani with Mathew hair
Kate: Genesis 3 female with Melisande texture, Nydo hair
Kira: Tess with Zoe texture, Samira hair
Lisa: Blaire with Bonny hair
Max: Max with Jared texure (warning: Jared texture is old Iray and must be corrected for new Iray), Fraser hair
Olivia: Filia with FWSA Cai texture, Topmodel Updo hair

Additions & corrections are welcome. Credit to those who deciphered the less obvious ones, and I defer to their expertise.

CJ0

May 31, 2017
New material settings for Ann

Default lighting with IBL dome
Environment Mode: Dome only
Environment Map: DTHDR-RuinsB-500.hdr
Dome Rotation: 80.00

Last edited:

bubbas

Apr 26, 2017
Someone want to share the Ann daz scene file? *_*
Here's my spreadsheet with the BB assets, hope it helps.

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BJaW2efAjxXbRJWTFuzad92GsczUDfCZRw8xDXQvYKk/edit?usp=sharing
And here's my mega folder with most of the assets.

Ann uses Caitlin for Genesis 3 Female(s) morph and Cathy HD for Victoria 7 materials.