3D-Daz Big Brother: Art Assets

DonStark

May 4, 2017
Hi, i downloaded BBskin materials and G8 morphs but when i load for example " Ann shader 2.duf " i've this message

" An error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for more details. "

what's the problem ? do I have to download something else too that these 2 folder ?

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Well, ahem, you might try checking the log file for more details. The message in there is usually more explicit as to what the issue is.

Mickaveli

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
Query for the pro's, what do you guys use for render settings? I'm getting render times of over an hour with my gtx1080, anyone found a sweet spot for iterations vs render time or any other settings worth changing? I more or less have daz set to default rendering at 1080p, Thanks :)

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Query for the pro's, what do you guys use for render settings? I'm getting render times of over an hour with my gtx1080, anyone found a sweet spot for iterations vs render time or any other settings worth changing? I more or less have daz set to default rendering at 1080p, Thanks :)
I pretty much leave things at the default as well. An hour's about what I get. I'm using (probably) more complex scenes than you (Shopping Adventure has a fair amount of detail, plus lots of mirror shots) but also have dual 1080's. I tend to do my renders overnight using the Renderosity Scene Batch Renderer. I'm usually limited by scene prep time (how many scenes I can set up in an evening) rather than render time that way.

There are a lot of people who swear by "render at twice the resolution for less time, then scale it down." I've never seen a real scientific comparison of the two approaches. (Hard, because you're dealing in subjective quality issues.)

Reactions: Mickaveli

przewodo

May 10, 2017
Hi! After new rules of Patreon that made some creators loose their pages, I´m proud to say that we are launching today an new crowdfunding platform alternative: .

We made this croudfunding focused on adult content for games, digital comics and e-books. We use e a safe payment partner (Payza) for the backers and creators.

We accept adult content for this type of projects. Of course that everything must be right by the law!

Hope that everyone enjoys!

Reactions: Techn0magier

lancelot0501

Jun 2, 2017
Hello guys!

I've ran into a weird problem. I know this is not a DAZ support forum but maybe you can help. Bought a ROG Strix GTX 1050 Ti OC edition card which has 4GBs of VRAM. Not really for rendering stuff, just wanted to replace my old Radeon, so I could play some recent games. When I render an iray scene it starts well, but after a while my screen goes black for a couple of seconds and when it comes back, rendering switches to CPU only. It happens randomly, sometimes after 200-300 iterations sometimes after 3000 iterations. I've ran GPU-Z in the background to check if I run out of VRAM, but based on the logs, VRAM usage caps at 3096 MB.
Did anyone else face the same problem before? Any solutions?

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
If you are Running win10. Than you ran out of vram. 3GB is all you get, with this Card. Also it seems to be a overclocked Card which could result in a shutdown sequence to protect it from overheating, if you are zwing sich Tools. That are my Vers First Guesses without knowing youre System.

lancelot0501

Jun 2, 2017
Oh that's "great".. Thanks for your answer! Yeah, I'm using Win 10. The card doesn't overheat, max temp was 57°C. No workaround/solution I guess?

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
What did the Daz log file say?

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Hello guys!

I've ran into a weird problem. I know this is not a DAZ support forum but maybe you can help. Bought a ROG Strix GTX 1050 Ti OC edition card which has 4GBs of VRAM. Not really for rendering stuff, just wanted to replace my old Radeon, so I could play some recent games. When I render an iray scene it starts well, but after a while my screen goes black for a couple of seconds and when it comes back, rendering switches to CPU only. It happens randomly, sometimes after 200-300 iterations sometimes after 3000 iterations. I've ran GPU-Z in the background to check if I run out of VRAM, but based on the logs, VRAM usage caps at 3096 MB.
Ive got an alienware gaming laptop with a gtx780m in it, whenever I render anything, 3ds max, movie files and now daz it shuts down about 10 seconds into it, I think it thinks its overheating. I bought this yesterday and am trying it, it uses the cpu only, cant confirm if it is going to be any good, but the laptop does not shutdown anymore.

He has youtube vids if you want to check it out.

a meme

Sep 26, 2017
Hello guys!

Open the side of your case and confirm that the fans of your card are running properly while rendering. STRIX cards shut them down when the card is idle.

lancelot0501

Jun 2, 2017
Open the side of your case and confirm that the fans of your card are running properly while rendering. STRIX cards shut them down when the card is idle.
It's not overheating. Fans turn on at 55°C and the max temp it reaches is 57°C.

Illumination

May 4, 2017
Hey, I downloaded the packs, and added them to My Library, but can't seem to find them in my smart content tab.
What should I do to see them there ?