3D-Daz Big Brother: Art Assets

InvisoProx

Jul 22, 2017
@celtic1138 So I did a test using your Alice mats on G3 at 4k resolution for lots of detail. (Edit: Not that it gives you the 4k render here...) Did a series of tweaks to adjust it along the lines of what I was doing, and this is how it turned out so far.

alice4kceltictest.png
Obviously look at it in full size if you want to see how all the details came out. I'm gonna do some more testing with it on G3. For that one I was still using the same displacement maps as before and I feel like that's probably a portion of the issue with the fingers. Gonna see if I can town that down on just the fingers or hands, hopefully not over the entirety of the arms. Failing that, I may just have to figure something else out if I keep to G3.

Will try stuff on G8 later on after I see what else can be done on G3 with it.

Some thoughts:
-I'd set the RGB for the skin texture to 75% of what you have it (or adjusted further), so 0.75, 0.69, 0.52. It's not perfect, but it brought some of the red more in line with the character and got the skin to a nicer tone.
-There are two SSS scatter distance settings. I'd drop those both down to 0.2, because it gave me a better look on the scatter results. Pretty big drop from the one being 0.8 and the other being ~0.6, but works well for my eye. Although in some harsh lighting that I tested from HDRIs it still looked like the SSS went nuts on me (but not sure if it actually was SSS right then cause I was just switching different environments to find a good one for the test render).
-I dropped glossiness settings down a bit further still from where you had them.
-Bump map seems fine as far as I can tell. Doesn't seem overly intense anywhere in my render.

Reactions: celtic1138

celtic1138

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2017
A side by side by side comparison. On the left is the previous Kira texture from a few months ago. On the right is the new Version 1 Kira, and in front is the new Version 2 Kira.
View attachment 48685

Version 1 seems to retain the color of the older skin but has a reflective quality to it that I think makes it tricky to light well. Default EV for this HDRI dome is 13, which is too bright. I often bump it to 13.5 but the highlights of Version 1 Kira still looked like she was glowing so I set EV to 14.

I like Version 2. Looks more "neutral".
I know what you mean about version one. The latest version DS did of her seems to me to be like that though. That's why I did version two really. Here is a render of V2 to show how it looks as I would light it. I think it looks like Kira which I found hasn't always been easy to get spot on.

Kira example.jpg

InvisoProx

Jul 22, 2017
@celtic1138
Did the testing with G8 now. I think I've got the skin settings as close to perfect as I'm going to get them.

This is how she looks, now, on G8:
aliceg8test2.png

If it weren't for the weird fucking folds in the pose, she'd appear to be a flesh and blood person now.
By the way - 4k render in portrait at 100% convergence on quality 5 took about an hour. I'm slightly disappointed in the render time.

... I think I should stick this in the fan art thread, too... >.>

Reactions: LFARA

celtic1138

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2017
@InvisoProx

Looks good, the only problem I have is that because of the more realistic look the yellow tone makes her look a little sickly, like she has a kidney problem;). Maybe try and add some red to the base color.

Don't go any higher than 99% on convergence and quality apparently doesn't need to be changed from 1. You'll find it should be much quicker and you won't be able to tell the difference.

InvisoProx

Jul 22, 2017
@celtic1138
Just wanted to test some really high settings - and I figured if I'm going for looking real, then on a test shot I can go for fully converged. Dropping the quality and switching back to 1080 made the biggest difference. Only a couple minutes for a render.

As far as the yellow... I had to mess with base color, glossiness color, and topcoat color quite a bit to get this, but here:
aliceg8test5.png

celtic1138

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2017
@celtic1138
Just wanted to test some really high settings - and I figured if I'm going for looking real, then on a test shot I can go for fully converged. Dropping the quality and switching back to 1080 made the biggest difference. Only a couple minutes for a render.

As far as the yellow... I had to mess with base color, glossiness color, and topcoat color quite a bit to get this, but here:
View attachment 48859
Maybe not that far though, something inbetween. I merged the two in photoshop to give you an idea what I mean.
merge.jpg

Reactions: LFARA

InvisoProx

Jul 22, 2017
Maybe not that far though, something inbetween. I merged the two in photoshop to give you an idea what I mean.
View attachment 48972
Ehhh... I think it probably partly comes down to the monitor. The first picture I had balanced on one monitor, that last one I had balanced on another monitor which seemed to show the yellow you were talking about... Neither of them has ever been calibrated for correct color, to my knowledge, so I'll adjust a bit before I do more rendering.

For now, though, not gonna worry about it. I've had a lot to drink, and I've got a paper to finish for a presentation tomorrow (yay, science!).

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
I find the Kira2 variation very easy to handle. So this will become my prefered one. Thanks for that. :)

Jiren86

May 10, 2017
When I'm trying to set the room, I keep getting the following missing files

runtime/textures/catharina_textures/pbs-vol-2-iray/metals/aluminum00_albedo.jpg

runtime/textures/catharina_textures/pbs-vol-2-iray/metals/aluminum00_gloss.jpg

runtime/textures/catharina_textures/pbs-vol-2-iray/metals/aluminum00_normal.jpg

runtime/textures/catharina_textures/pbs-vol-2-iray/metals/aluminum00_specular.jpg

runtime/textures/catharina_textures/pbs-vol-2-iray/wood/wood old lacquered_gloss.jpg

runtime/textures/catharina_textures/pbs-vol-2-iray/wood/wood old lacquered_normal.jpg

runtime/textures/catharina_textures/pbs-vol-2-iray/wood/wood old lacquered_specular.jpg

I can't find em at all

celtic1138

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2017
You need . I'm pretty sure it was posted somewhere in here.

bubbas

Apr 26, 2017
When I'm trying to set the room, I keep getting the following missing files

runtime/textures/catharina_textures/pbs-vol-2-iray/metals/aluminum00_albedo.jpg

runtime/textures/catharina_textures/pbs-vol-2-iray/metals/aluminum00_gloss.jpg

runtime/textures/catharina_textures/pbs-vol-2-iray/metals/aluminum00_normal.jpg

runtime/textures/catharina_textures/pbs-vol-2-iray/metals/aluminum00_specular.jpg

runtime/textures/catharina_textures/pbs-vol-2-iray/wood/wood old lacquered_gloss.jpg

runtime/textures/catharina_textures/pbs-vol-2-iray/wood/wood old lacquered_normal.jpg

runtime/textures/catharina_textures/pbs-vol-2-iray/wood/wood old lacquered_specular.jpg

I can't find em at all
You need . I'm pretty sure it was posted somewhere in here.
You can find them in my folder.

I have also updated the converted G8 morphs under +F95 Folder as well as the excellent materials provided by celtic1138.

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
You can find them in my folder.

I have also updated the converted G8 morphs under +F95 Folder as well as the excellent materials provided by celtic1138.
Do you know a forum where people provide this assets?

bubbas

Apr 26, 2017
You can check

Also my folder has most of BB stuff.

For reference check my spreadsheet:
Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BJaW2efAjxXbRJWTFuzad92GsczUDfCZRw8xDXQvYKk/edit?usp=sharing

Oct 30, 2017
wow the asset is complete , Thanks for detail asset and link . i'll try take mom part ^^

another game should learning from Big Brother to Show what asset they use. (although some of them keep they secret lol)

celtic1138

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2017
wow the asset is complete , Thanks for detail asset and link . i'll try take mom part ^^

another game should learning from Big Brother to Show what asset they use. (although some of them keep they secret lol)
The game maker did not give us the information, the members of this forum worked out the assets that were used, and in the case of highly modified assets we made our own replicas.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
The game maker did not give us the information, the members of this forum worked out the assets that were used, and in the case of highly modified assets we made our own replicas.

@celtic1138 is being somewhat modest in saying "members of this form," as he had a big part in the effort. One of the other major contributors was @FunFiction. Not to take away from any of the other contributors - the list is long. So kudos to all!