Mod Ren'Py Big Brother: Another Story Rebuild - Mod [v0.05.00] - [OnlyFunz]

OnlyFunz

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2017
It has the option to ADD money. There are 3 options (-100, +100, and +500) that you can use. It isn't infinite by default, but you can get more than enough to buy anything you need with a couple clicks. To use it just open the laptop in Max's room, then click on the Mod icon and choose the amount to add. Not sure why there is the option to remove money, but it is there.

Hope that helps.
The option to remove money was initially for my testing purpose.
Decided to keep it there, should players want to grind the game (Hardcore mode) to earn money in Future! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Shiva0067

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
Huh, I was thinking it might have been to prevent issues of the game deciding players had too much money. I remember that there was a version of the game that had issues if you got more money than it thought you should have. Thanks for the info.

Just a thought.

Reactions: OnlyFunz

OnlyFunz

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2017
Huh, I was thinking it might have been to prevent issues of the game deciding players had too much money. I remember that there was a version of the game that had issues if you got more money than it thought you should have. Thanks for the info.

Just a thought.
Yes, It was a problem with BB Remake Story, where the Developer restricted the amount of Money at every stage of an Event Day or Scene. And there were situations where a scene won't happen; when you have too much money than intended - which broke the progress.

Glad, that is not the case with BBASr yet!

pinksymcfloy

Aug 27, 2018
I think I triggered a bug in the game by having the Ladder instant deliver. Seems like I didn't get credit for the quest completion, so I can't actually use the ladder. Didn't notice until much later, so curious if there's a way to salvage the save. I've tried editing it online and did find some variables for the ladder, but I'm guessing on what to set and it doesn't like loading "externally created" saves even if I click the yes option. Any recommendations?

Brainy123

Apr 3, 2017
I think I triggered a bug in the game by having the Ladder instant deliver. Seems like I didn't get credit for the quest completion, so I can't actually use the ladder. Didn't notice until much later, so curious if there's a way to salvage the save. I've tried editing it online and did find some variables for the ladder, but I'm guessing on what to set and it doesn't like loading "externally created" saves even if I click the yes option. Any recommendations?
Well i have found an equal bug. I bought the ladder with the instant delivery, but cant use it, also the second cam, i cant install it.

pinksymcfloy

Aug 27, 2018
Well i have found an equal bug. I bought the ladder with the instant delivery, but cant use it, also the second cam, i cant install it.
I was able to fix it. So, first I used an online save editor searching for "hide_cam" and "ladder" and setting have/bought to 0 and 'in store' to 1. Might have been some others, but basically anything that looks like you should have it, set to 0, and anything that looks like it should be in the store set to 1. Then save.

Then, in order to actually load the save, I had to use another game/renpy folder update from here: https://f95zone.to/threads/new-renpy-save-check-coding.168169/ to bypass this save check (at your own risk). That allowed me to load the save, and the ladder and camera were both available to re-purchase and out of my inventory. Buy them, let them deliver naturally.

Reactions: OnlyFunz

Brainy123

Apr 3, 2017
I was able to fix it. So, first I used an online save editor searching for "hide_cam" and "ladder" and setting have/bought to 0 and 'in store' to 1. Might have been some others, but basically anything that looks like you should have it, set to 0, and anything that looks like it should be in the store set to 1. Then save.

Then, in order to actually load the save, I had to use another game/renpy folder update from here: https://f95zone.to/threads/new-renpy-save-check-coding.168169/ to bypass this save check (at your own risk). That allowed me to load the save, and the ladder and camera were both available to re-purchase and out of my inventory. Buy them, let them deliver naturally.
Thanks, thats a good solution to rescue the savepoint. otherwise you also can try to reload an autosave and never use the "instant delivery" button again.

OnlyFunz

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2017
Thanks, thats a good solution to rescue the savepoint. otherwise you also can try to reload an autosave and never use the "instant delivery" button again.
Does the mod work on a newer version of the game, or does it require an update?
With each version of BBASr, there are significant code changes and conditions being introduced. Hence, old saves are restricted with each game release.

Instant delivery in the Mod is reworked to include the follow up event progression.
The new Mod update is currently being tested and will be ready tomorrow.

Max's panel will also include Household Duties status and quick completion
BBASr-MOD-0.05.00-TEST-PATREON.jpg

Stay tuned~