Archived Big Brother: All the dialogs in a navigable format [v0.13.007]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max White

Oct 25, 2017
There is an html file that contains all the dialogs with replies hyperlinked back and forth.

The values on gray background represent the condition needed for the option to appear, the gray backround after the text represents game state changes applied after you choose that option.

Hope you find this useful and posting such data won't violate the forum rules.

Updated on 10/29:
* Two menu items hand-picked to become roots, so there will be no more orphaned answers
* css file inlined
* the formatting has been fixed: vertical lines now on the left are shown only when there are multiple answers for a dialog

Updated on 10/31:
* Ordered all dialogs, so that they appear together for the same character
* Removed some excessive back-links, put dialog name on top of the dialog (to ease the search)
* Using css to produce punctiation marks (resulting in a few percent file size decrease)

Update on 01/03:
* Wrote the code again, updated dialogs for v0.12

Preview:
preview.png

DamnVamMan

Mar 14, 2017
Ok so how did you link up all the stories? Please tell me you didn't do something like this by hand

Max White

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so how did you link up all the stories? Please tell me you didn't do something like this by hand
I wrote a program that takes decrypted Data\0002.dat as input and produces either English or Russian file with dialogs.

Not sure, if anyone needs it here, yet here is the Russian dialogs page

Update: Russian dialogs are attached to the top post

Last edited:

thug73

Jan 20, 2017
There is an html file that contains all the dialogs with replies hyperlinked back and forth.
This is excellent stuff. I had started work on something similar, but which also included the graphics. My formatting is not as good as yours, plus I don't think I was finding all the "root" points as well.

My version is attached. It's a plain HTML file which needs to be placed in the images folder itself for the image links to resolve correctly.

Anyway, would you consider posting your source code? I'd like to see what I could learn from it.

Cheers,

Thug

Max White

Oct 25, 2017
This is excellent stuff. I had started work on something similar, but which also included the graphics. My formatting is not as good as yours, plus I don't think I was finding all the "root" points as well.

My version is attached. It's a plain HTML file which needs to be placed in the images folder itself for the image links to resolve correctly.

Anyway, would you consider posting your source code? I'd like to see what I could learn from it.
Thanks.
Your version reminds me of the html-based games... like virtual date with ariane

My source code is too ugly, not sure if one can learn anything good from it ;)

The idea is to collect all the dialogs with their answers in data structures, then establish references between dialogs (each answer points either to another dialog or has a 'leave' word), then find the root nodes (that no other dialog is pointing to), add notebook and intro scene to the list of root dialogs (those 2 were not collecting in the previous step for having circular references), and then you have a number of conversations to save to html.

Reactions: L7Bear

akisex

Nov 1, 2017
Hey i want to translate my game... I have just to change dialogues of this? Because i don't know how to install dialogues.txt ^_^ (i'm french)

Oct 9, 2017

The values on gray background represent the condition needed for the option to appear, the gray backround after the text represents game state changes applied after you choose that option.

Updated on 10/29:
* Two menu items hand-picked to become roots, so there will be no more orphaned answers
* css file inlined
* the formatting has been fixed: vertical lines now on the left are shown only when there are multiple answers for a dialog

Updated on 10/31:
* Removed some excessive back-links, put dialog name on top of the dialog (to ease the search)
* Using css to produce punctiation marks (resulting in a few percent file size decrease)

Preview:
View attachment 31835

so their wasn't a scene were Eric grope Alice while massaging ?? i think the name of the pic was n-ea-1.jnp, n-ea-2.jnp, n-ea-3.jnp and n-ea-4.jnp

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DamnVamMan

Mar 14, 2017

Cheers,

Thug
you mean decrypted images folder?

Romeo911

May 11, 2017

Updated on 10/29:
* css file inlined

Updated on 10/31:

Preview:
View attachment 31835
Translate this file and how can we restore it ?

ElPepo

Sep 10, 2017
What is the dialogue file? with what software can it be opened? I need dialogs of the latest version.

thug73

Jan 20, 2017
Oh, and I have also fucked up the sources (removed along with 0.9 folder)
So, there's no update for 0.10 to come.
Heh. No worries. I'll do some more work on my version as time allows.

One question you might be able to help with...

At the moment I'm just ignoring the various numbers in the dialog entries, so for example:

07.abq.10@68@Постой, а почему мне столько? Неужели, ты свою долю отдала, Кира?|Wait, why do I get so much then? Did you give me your share, Kira?

I'm just ignoring the "68" because I have no idea what it does. I presume that somewhere in these codes there has to be a location and/or a time-of-day variable. Do you have any idea how to decode this?

Cheers,

Thug

Secret09

Oct 20, 2017
so their wasn't a scene were Eric grope Alice while massaging ?? i think the name of the pic was n-ea-1.jnp, n-ea-2.jnp, n-ea-3.jnp and n-ea-4.jnp

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
How did get this? Is this part of the latest update? What triggers this in game?

Max White

Oct 25, 2017

At the moment I'm just ignoring the various numbers in the dialog entries, so for example:

07.abq.10@68@Постой, а почему мне столько? Неужели, ты свою долю отдала, Кира?|Wait, why do I get so much then? Did you give me your share, Kira?

I'm just ignoring the "68" because I have no idea what it does. I presume that somewhere in these codes there has to be a location and/or a time-of-day variable. Do you have any idea how to decode this?

Cheers,

Thug
Hey, Thug

I'm glad to help you with ideas and algorithms.

As I've figured out, the first part is dialog ID, the 68 number stands for the face shown in the bottom-left of the screen (those are emo-xxx.png files, they are not even encrypted), there can also be a third part present only when image changes. I usually replace the number with character's name.

Last edited:
Reactions: L7Bear

x-interupt

Jun 21, 2017

Cheers,

Thug
the "68" is the facial animation that you see in the lower left hand corner for the response, and they correspond to the encrypted "emo-*.png" in the images directory. the star of course, fill in the number from the text will show you what the face is.
cheers!
-X (accept no substitutes)

Aug 6, 2016
I wrote a program that takes decrypted Data\0002.dat as input and produces either English or Russian file with dialogs.

Not sure, if anyone needs it here, yet here is the Russian dialogs page

Update: Russian dialogs are attached to the top post
Could we see the code ?

GC

Jul 31, 2017
What is the dialogue file? with what software can it be opened? I need dialogs of the latest version.
Here are all 0.11 translatable content.
If you check out the image decrypted tool, there is a sub-tool allow you to decode/encode the dat file. So you can translate the content and encode to dat file.

Also, this game support displaying DBCS as well. (Double Byte Char, mostly asia character)
excample: BB_1.png

Max White

Oct 25, 2017
There's going to be an update for v12 (i wrote the tool again from scratch it's useable already)

Here are the dialogs for 0.11

Reactions: BigIrishLug
Status
Not open for further replies.