Mod Ren'Py Between Worlds Multi-Mod [v0.1.6 Part 3][RiamMar]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Full Mod Release vs Updates

• I prefer a full mod download and I can't or don't want to use GitLab

Votes: 85 52.8%
  • Unlike full mod downloads, updates trigger alerts in my browser or antivirus solution

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • The 2-click full download via GitLab is enough for me

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Downloading the full base mod + update is enough for me

Votes: 10 6.2%
  • I don't keep the game after playing & always reinstall it as new. I have to download both files!

Votes: 59 36.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Welp, you weren't wrong last time, so I will keep a lookout for the release here, since it's behind the locked behind the Good Samaritan Tier on the supporter pages. Can't guarantee a late nighter like last time though. :ROFLMAO:
Ah no need, was saying it's here, and coming soon. Nothing more, my posts for WT/modders is just that, when you have time...

But if you want to have a a peek under the hood.

And, sadly it seems the dev no longer goes to the game thread anymore, nothing but good things lately in it...sad... :cry:

Reactions: RiamMar

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Ah no need, was saying it's here, and coming soon. Nothing more, my posts for WT/modders is just that, when you have time...

But if you want to have a a peek under the hood.

And, sadly it seems the dev no longer goes to the game thread anymore, nothing but good things lately in it...sad... :cry:
Hmm, hmm, hmm. :-|

Anyway, I updated the mod with your version and 5 mins ago the thread was updated. *shrugs* Welp, updated is updated :D

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: SonsOfLiberty

The F-Team

Aug 2, 2021
Yeah, that's what I thought it is. I'm really curious why it's not the same problem for everyone... *shrugs*
It's just a minor "nice thing to have" that's missing now. Will try to fix it for the next version.
Looks like the bug is back. I just installed the game and mod and keep getting

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/chapters/scripts/scene7.rpy", line 52, in script
mrlda "Mysterious! *laughs* Nothing of that sorts if I sell it afterwards."
Exception: The displayable with id 'what' was not given the exact contents of the what variable given to the say screen.

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Looks like the bug is back. I just installed the game and mod and keep getting

While running game code:
File "game/chapters/scripts/scene7.rpy", line 52, in script
mrlda "Mysterious! *laughs* Nothing of that sorts if I sell it afterwards."
Exception: The displayable with id 'what' was not given the exact contents of the what variable given to the say screen.
You used the +UI-Mod version, right?
That sneaky bit of code finds its way back in every time. :D Will be fixed in a minute.

Edit: fixed and uploaded
Edit 2: Before I forget it, I will change that in my repository too right now, so it's gone for good (until it finds it way back again :ROFLMAO:)
Edit 3: Done and done. *waves finger menancingly at code*

Jul 28, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/mod/core/ModMenu/Tabs/Characters.rpy", line 41: the selected keyword argument was not given a value.
    selected
            ^

File "game/mod/core/ModMenu/Tabs/Choices.rpy", line 80: the selected keyword argument was not given a value.
    selected
            ^

File "game/mod/core/ModMenu/Tabs/Ui.rpy", line 24: the selected keyword argument was not given a value.
    selected
            ^

File "game/mod/core/ModMenu/Tabs/Walkthrough.rpy", line 145: the selected keyword argument was not given a value.
    selected
            ^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 8.1.2.23090503
Sat Oct 21 19:49:39 2023

I am getting this error after installing the mod, am I doing smth wrong?

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/mod/core/ModMenu/Tabs/Characters.rpy", line 41: the selected keyword argument was not given a value.
    selected
            ^

File "game/mod/core/ModMenu/Tabs/Choices.rpy", line 80: the selected keyword argument was not given a value.
    selected
            ^

File "game/mod/core/ModMenu/Tabs/Ui.rpy", line 24: the selected keyword argument was not given a value.
    selected
            ^

File "game/mod/core/ModMenu/Tabs/Walkthrough.rpy", line 145: the selected keyword argument was not given a value.
    selected
            ^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 8.1.2.23090503
Sat Oct 21 19:49:39 2023

I am getting this error after installing the mod, am I doing smth wrong?
You're probably using Joiplay. I'll update the mod.

Files are updated. Since I'm not using Joiplay, can you please test the fix for me?

P.S.: The problem is, that Joiplay uses a different Ren'Py version than the game itself was built with. This newer Ren'Py version doesn't like the "selected" statement without a value True/False following it.

Last edited:

q24g_ebr

Jan 17, 2022
Getting this error on, I think, the main menu. Can click ignore and skip to right before enter a name.

Code:
```

While running game code:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 443, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 448, in execute
  File "renpy/common/00defaults.rpy", line 164, in _imagemap_auto_function
    elif renpy.loadable(rv, directory="images"):
TypeError: RiamMar_loadable() got an unexpected keyword argument 'directory'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "D:\NSFW Games\BetweenWorlds-0.1.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\NSFW Games\BetweenWorlds-0.1.5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "D:\NSFW Games\BetweenWorlds-0.1.5-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\NSFW Games\BetweenWorlds-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3587, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "D:\NSFW Games\BetweenWorlds-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4060, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
  File "D:\NSFW Games\BetweenWorlds-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 684, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "D:\NSFW Games\BetweenWorlds-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 684, in visit_all
  File "D:\NSFW Games\BetweenWorlds-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 476, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "D:\NSFW Games\BetweenWorlds-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4060, in <lambda>
  File "D:\NSFW Games\BetweenWorlds-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 487, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "D:\NSFW Games\BetweenWorlds-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 680, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "D:\NSFW Games\BetweenWorlds-0.1.5-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 948, in _imagebutton
    idle = choice(idle, idle_image, "idle", required=True)
  File "D:\NSFW Games\BetweenWorlds-0.1.5-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 936, in choice
    rv = renpy.config.imagemap_auto_function(auto, name)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.2.23090503
Between Worlds 0.1.5
Sun Oct 22 15:37:10 2023
```

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Getting this error on, I think, the main menu. Can click ignore and skip to right before enter a name.

Code:
```

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "D:\NSFW Games\BetweenWorlds-0.1.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\NSFW Games\BetweenWorlds-0.1.5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "D:\NSFW Games\BetweenWorlds-0.1.5-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\NSFW Games\BetweenWorlds-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3587, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "D:\NSFW Games\BetweenWorlds-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4060, in interact_core
  File "D:\NSFW Games\BetweenWorlds-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 476, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "D:\NSFW Games\BetweenWorlds-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4060, in <lambda>
  File "D:\NSFW Games\BetweenWorlds-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 487, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "D:\NSFW Games\BetweenWorlds-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 680, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "D:\NSFW Games\BetweenWorlds-0.1.5-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 948, in _imagebutton
    idle = choice(idle, idle_image, "idle", required=True)
  File "D:\NSFW Games\BetweenWorlds-0.1.5-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 936, in choice
    rv = renpy.config.imagemap_auto_function(auto, name)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.2.23090503
Between Worlds 0.1.5
Sun Oct 22 15:37:10 2023
```
Edited: That's weird. Will have to check something else that might be the problem here.

Edit 2: I think I found the problem and fixed it. Going to zip it, then upload.
Edit 3: Uploaded a fixed version. Please download and try again.

Last edited:
Reactions: q24g_ebr

q24g_ebr

Jan 17, 2022
Are you using something like Joiplay or similar as well? That's not an error that should appear with Ren'Py 8.0.3 (the games Ren'Py version).

Going to try to add a fix. Will edit this post in a few minutes for you to try the update.
I found the cause. I downloaded the game about week ago I think. The .zip was 950MB and "BW-0.15" not "BW-0.15partIII". I just downloaded again now working.

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I found the cause. I downloaded the game about week ago I think. The .zip was 950MB and "BW-0.15" not "BW-0.15partIII". I just downloaded again now working.
That's okay, at least you found the bug and I could fix it and also make it a bit more future proof. :)

Now, I just have to remember to apply this fix to all the other mods, when I have to make an update. :LOL:

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
On that note of "part 3 final", I should probably check if the WT is up-to-date. :eek:

Edit: Aaaaaand I found at least one line I need to update. :cry:

Edit 2: Content updated, should now show all the choices correctly, including the one additional scene, that was missing in the game up until "now".

So if you have a save later than the chance to enter the tavern through the kitchen or the front door, you might want to load a prior save or start over, since the "kitchen scene" is now in the game.

If anyone finds a choice where they think the WT is missing — give me a bump here, so I can have a look.

Last edited:
Reactions: q24g_ebr
Jul 28, 2018
You're probably using Joiplay. I'll update the mod.

Files are updated. Since I'm not using Joiplay, can you please test the fix for me?

P.S.: The problem is, that Joiplay uses a different Ren'Py version than the game itself was built with. This newer Ren'Py version doesn't like the "selected" statement without a value True/False following it.
I am using this on PC

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I am using this on PC
The error should be fixed. So if you download the latest game and mod version, it should work fine.
If you still get an error, would you be so kind and post your traceback.txt from your folder where the exe is? I could have a look what the problem might be.

Reactions: nobodyknowsthyself
Jul 28, 2018
The error should be fixed. So if you download the latest game and mod version, it should work fine.
If you still get an error, would you be so kind and post your traceback.txt from your folder where the exe is? I could have a look what the problem might be.
I just checked. The error is indeed fixed. Thanks

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes