Mod Ren'Py Between Worlds Multi-Mod [v0.1.6 Part 3][RiamMar]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Full Mod Release vs Updates

• I prefer a full mod download and I can't or don't want to use GitLab

Votes: 85 52.8%
  • Unlike full mod downloads, updates trigger alerts in my browser or antivirus solution

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • The 2-click full download via GitLab is enough for me

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Downloading the full base mod + update is enough for me

Votes: 10 6.2%
  • I don't keep the game after playing & always reinstall it as new. I have to download both files!

Votes: 59 36.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Not super tech literate, what is the difference between UI and regular mod?
The last screenshot shows the UI Mod. It adds options for textbox opacity, fonts and font sizes. The textbox gets bigger/smaller depending on settings as well.
You can click the "UI Mod" button in the quick menu at the bottom of the screen to access this menu.

Reactions: kkz186

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
The UI mod is causing exception errors whenever a line has *'s in it. This does not happen when I remove the UI mod.

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
The UI mod is causing exception errors whenever a line has *'s in it. This does not happen when I remove the UI mod.
I found something that might cause this problem.
Can you check this mod version for me, please?
The traceback.txt would still be nice to see to be sure it's what I think it might be.

Reactions: spooge_nugget

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
That seems to have fixed it.

Here's the traceback anyway.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, that's what I thought it is. I'm really curious why it's not the same problem for everyone... *shrugs*
It's just a minor "nice thing to have" that's missing now. Will try to fix it for the next version.

Reactions: spooge_nugget

DarhkBlu

Apr 19, 2020
TL;DR: That's a false positive. If you are uncomfortable with that, you can try the non-UIMod version, I'm adding to the file hosts and this post.

Most of my file hosts, if not all, check for viruses and there are no executables or pre-compiled files in the archive. Just to be safe I the file with VirusTotal. Here's the showing that there are no threats found.
Some vendors like ESTsecurity automatically flag links to MEGA and maybe other file hosts as well.
My guess is, that the UI Mod is flagged for containing TTF files. I added Open Sans and Source Sans 3 as font options.

Since the UI mod is only there to "fix" the one dialogue line that overlaps with the quickmenu, this mod is… for a lack of a better word, optional.
Just downloaded this version with no issues,Both chrome and windows defender threw the warning with the other version,Windows defender alerted me after I downloaded trough mega and when trying another option chrome failed the download after throwing the warning.

Reactions: RiamMar

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Just downloaded this version with no issues,Both chrome and windows defender threw the warning with the other version,Windows defender alerted me after I downloaded trough mega and when trying another option chrome failed the download after throwing the warning.
Weird but interesting. Just to confirm some stuff, would you be a dear and try to download for another game? You don't have to download the game, just the mod to see if the same warning appears there as well.

DarhkBlu

Apr 19, 2020
Weird but interesting. Just to confirm some stuff, would you be a dear and try to download for another game? You don't have to download the game, just the mod to see if the same warning appears there as well.
That one downloaded just fine.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Okay, thanks for the info. It's currently 11pm here, so if it hits soon as in within the next few hours, I will probably only get to it tomorrow afternoon (in 13+ hours as of this post).
It should, but no worries, I'm sure folks can wait ;)

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Is a Mac version planned?
As much as I had to give mac support in my other mods, I would assume the mod is universal. When prompted with a choice you will have to select "merge", as I understand it, to install the mod.
I'm not that versed with MacOS or Apple products in general.

I think the usual way is to "right-click" the .app, select "Show Package Content" and merge the content of my zip file with this folder in the app file:
Code:
BetweenWorlds.app\Contents\Resources\autorun\game\
If the mod shows up in the menu but no WT is added to the choices, I might need to give you a debug version of the mod, for further information, since I don't own a Mac.

Reactions: Herbert1

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Thanks for the mod, kind of wish this game was a bit more popular, it's kind of a hidden gem/ball of sister fun :whistle:

Part III, I think has arrived...

• Yay, new update!

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Thanks for the mod, kind of wish this game was a bit more popular, it's kind of a hidden gem/ball of sister fun :whistle:

Part III, I think has arrived...
Welp, you weren't wrong last time, so I will keep a lookout for the release here, since it's behind the locked behind the Good Samaritan Tier on the supporter pages. Can't guarantee a late nighter like last time though and best to ping the thread again, so I know asap I'm getting back at my PC or had my morning coffee. :ROFLMAO:

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes